2013 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (85-77) OFFSEASON

^ At the same time we didn't make it close. If we're offering 7 at $29mil per compared to 10 $24mil per, it's a tougher decision than 7 $24mil per versus 10 $24mil per.

I'm not mad at him either, I just think not budging on the money was a problem.
I agree I would've offered 7 year $200 mil, I don't think it would've gotten it done though... He is getting 10 years I think that is what he really wanted when it is all said and done... Washington State also has no state income tax so I think that also played a part in his decision, he is saving 9% a year by being there vs. NY....

:lol:

can't wait to see that infield y'all roll out this year. people going to be falling way back off that "we don't want or need cano" steez with a quickness.

Last edited:
We still get whoever we want

:pimp:

except cano, you know, the guy that would have been your best player :lol
Half of that contract that Seattle gave him will be bad.... The only 10 year contract I have seen that has worked out was Jeter... every other one that has been given out has been a huge fail and this one will be no different... I don't blame the Yankees for letting him go... As good as he is he is NOT worth a 10 year contract... Especially being almost 31 when signing it....

Last edited:
i know it's a ******ed contract. so is the ellsbury contract...just with lesser dollars.

but the point was about the comment about still getting anyone you want. it's not the case :lol:

Last edited:
i know it's a ******ed contract. so is the ellsbury contract...just with lesser dollars.

but the point was about the comment about still getting anyone you want. it's not the case :lol:
I don't know why they gave Ellsbury that contract and lets be honest here... If the Yankees wanted Cano that bad he would be a Yankee they let Seattle get crippled with that contract....

I don't know why they gave Ellsbury that contract and lets be honest here... If the Yankees wanted Cano that bad he would be a Yankee they let Seattle get crippled with that contract....

no doubt. but in that respect...there are a bunch of teams that could get any player they want (like seattle just did with Cano). but teams are seeing how crippling these contracts are and how they rarely work out for the best.

at the end of the day, it was probably 100% the right choice to not match seattle's offer. smart move by the yankees there. but when i see the ellsbury contract, i would think you'd be better off over paying for cano rather than signing ellsbury.

we'll see how it works out. should be an interesting year, especially with you guys loading up. can't wait for spring :pimp:

Last edited:
^^ I agree I would rather have paid Cano than acquire Ellsbury... IMO Yankee stadium need power players not speed.... I guess I need to see how good/bad each guy plays in their new surroundings before making a final judgement but as of right now I agree with you....

They said that Jay told Cashman that he wouldn't go lower than 220 for us. No hometown discount. If Cano was with Scott Boras, deal would have been done months ago.

Tanaka is wearing 19

No way Jay and his group was giving NY a hometown discount. Cano's deal being Jay's first, meant that he was gonna go in there trying to prove that he belonged. If Cano took the $160-170 that the Yanks were supposedly offering, everyone would've been talking about how Boras could've gotten him a lot more and how Jay has no business as a agent.

Last edited:
Aaron EFFIN' Boone. Helped get us to the World Series and inadvertantly helped us win a World Series :smokin

Just thought about it.. Next year we'll need to replace 2B, SS, 3B..

Re-sign Gardner.

Re-sign all of our bullpen.

Replace a #2 starter.

Next year will be another HUGE spending offseason.

Last edited:
They are gonna have to replace 2B,SS,3B, and their bullpen. But they're probably thinking that Tanaka and Sabathia will be the 1 and 2, followed by Nova, Pineda, and Banuelos. And idk if they'll resign Gardner. By 2015 they're gonna be looking at Mason Williams, Slade Heathcott, or even Tyler Austin filling in. But if Cashman traded them for infield help then yeah I could see Gardner returning. 

how did aaron boone help win the world series? i mean it was great that home run beat the redsox in game 7 to get to the world series but didnt they lose to florida anyway? uh whatever im just hyped about this year... first time in a long time the yanks spent money on tanaka, ellsbury, and mccann and the last time they did that was 09 when they won a chip... i know buying players doesnt equal championships but hopefully for 2014 it means they go all the way but well see

They are gonna have to replace 2B,SS,3B, and their bullpen. But they're probably thinking that Tanaka and Sabathia will be the 1 and 2, followed by Nova, Pineda, and Banuelos. And idk if they'll resign Gardner. By 2015 they're gonna be looking at Mason Williams, Slade Heathcott, or even Tyler Austin filling in. But if Cashman traded them for infield help then yeah I could see Gardner returning. 

Soriano & Ichiro are both gone after next year.

for some reason I don't like that Tanaka is wearing 19...seems like an odd number for a pitcher. Not like we have many #s to give out...

how did aaron boone help win the world series? i mean it was great that home run beat the redsox in game 7 to get to the world series but didnt they lose to florida anyway? uh whatever im just hyped about this year... first time in a long time the yanks spent money on tanaka, ellsbury, and mccann and the last time they did that was 09 when they won a chip... i know buying players doesnt equal championships but hopefully for 2014 it means they go all the way but well see

Without his injury in the off season, we don't go after A-Rod.

Without his injury in the off season, we don't go after A-Rod.

Yup. Boone playing pick-up basketball resulted in that Soriano/A-Rod trade.

Granted, we didn't win until 2009 :lol: , but Boone will always be a fan favorite.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom