*2013 NFC North Trash Talk Thread™ ® --> Lions Hire Jim Caldwell as Head Coach.

He went to the ground in the process of making the catch. The ball hit the ground and he temporarily lost control of it. Clearly not a catch with today's rules.

Give up a 75+ run and still hold him under 100. Caused turnovers, but also have the ball up. EVERYTIME pettigrew touches the ball, something bad happens. Is he really that much better than sheftler? Because Pettigrew doesn't have any ball handling skills.

Suh with a STUPID DIRTY play. Idk how you can even defend him after that play. So dumb. It's gonna cost him some money too. YOU'RE 300lbs why are you going low as if you are a WR!? shoot why go low at all!? Dumb

With jahvid best 2 years ago... 5-0... Without... 9-17 since. Bush is gonna fill that void WE desperately need. Just hold on to the rock kid. He looked really good today. And Bell didn't do too bad either.

Stop megatron, we have more weapons now. Looked good game 1. ARI next week. Turnover free and we got that game in the bag

Finally got to watch the game.

I'm done with Suh.

I've always defended dude but no more that **** he pulled was some ****** up human being ****.

With all that being said the Lions should have put up 50 no trash talk no exgerration they should have put up 50 points easy.

I want more Joique Bell.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:
Lions took it to the 'Queens big time
A lot of important takeaways from this game, but the biggest to me is Reiff neutralizing Allen. I was legit very worried about that matchup going into the game and came away very, very happy.

I'm not even gonna try n act like I don't like the Vikes new jerseys, though. Them ***** fresh, B.

Last edited:
This is the best Lions team in years.

We still make mental mistakes but with Suh you gotta take the good with the bad. If they cut Pettigrew tomorrow though I wouldn't be mad. He's not good enough to justify the mistakes he makes.

Best team? Way too early to say but definitely the most talented we've had probably since the Barry Sanders era. Now we just gotta see if they can actually execute and win games with this talent and hope the coaching is at least average and doesn't mess it up.

Pettigrew is important for blocking but I wouldn't be mad if Fauria took a lot of touches away in the passing game. At 6'7'' with really good hands, I like what I've seen so far.

I truly believe that 3 of the 10 best players in the history of the Detroit Lions are on the team right now.

So the same guy that has been claiming all preaseason that the Vikings will be cellar dwellers, announces that "This is the best Lion team in years" after beating said cellar dweller at home, in Week 1.

Sounds like SneakerPro.

So the same guy that has been claiming all preaseason that the Vikings will be cellar dwellers, announces that "This is the best Lion team in years" after beating said cellar dweller at home, in Week 1.

Sounds like SneakerPro.

You move the ball the way we did against a team with a horrible quarterback and what I thought was a decent defensive then yes,

You move the ball the way we did against a team with a horrible quarterback and what I thought was a decent defensive then yes,

What does that even mean? :lol: My dude gets confused so easily.

Aj Mansour ‏@AjKFAN
Frazier: Kevin Williams back at practice today. #Vikings

KFAN1003 ‏@KFAN1003
Frazier on what he sees in Ponder this week: "A guy that's focused, and really wanting to better than he did last week." #Vikings

Report: Winfield hasn’t filed retirement papers

Posted by Mike Florio on September 11, 2013, 2:25 PM EDT

After veteran cornerback Antoine Winfield was cut by the Seahawks, he quickly announced a plan to retire.

That plan has not yet been formalized.

According to Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, Winfield’s agent said the player hasn’t filed retirement papers.

As we learned (over and over again) with quarterback Brett Favre, there’s no magic to the filing of retirement papers. If a player is done, he’s done — with or without filing retirement papers.

And if the player files the papers, he can always un-file them and return to action.

Winfield’s agent, Ashanti Webb, also told Jensen that Webb has heard nothing from the Vikings about a possible return.

If Winfield plays, the Seahawks will get a dollar-for-dollar credit for the first $500,000 he earns, since he had $500,000 in guaranteed base salary. Winfield also received a $500,000 signing bonus, which he’ll keep because he was cut.

Another question for Winfield arises not from filing retirement papers but from behaving as if he’s truly retired. All retired players (i.e., players not employed by a team and not seeking employment) at the time Judge Anita Brody gives preliminary approval to the concussion settlement will be eligible for compensation if he has or develops a severe cognitive impairment.

Assuming Winfield is healthy, retiring now becomes insurance against the development of dementia, Alzheimer’s, or ALS. While filing retirement papers isn’t required to prove that a player is retired, it wouldn’t hurt.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/11/report-winfield-hasnt-filed-retirement-papers/

No, we're the clear underdog. And I'm not a blind homer. :lol: I can see football more clear than those that say, "HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE CONFIDENCE IN YOUR FAVORITE TEAM?!?!?"

What does that even mean? :lol: My dude gets confused so easily.

Aj Mansour ‏@AjKFAN
Frazier: Kevin Williams back at practice today. #Vikings

KFAN1003 ‏@KFAN1003
Frazier on what he sees in Ponder this week: "A guy that's focused, and really wanting to better than he did last week." #Vikings

Man I can't emm lie it was early and I didn't have it together :lol:

Back
Top Bottom