2013 NFL Draft thread - ( Early Entrees, Mocks, Combine etc )

So the Ravens will open the offseason $5 million over the cap, and have the following UFAs to re-sign:
Joe Flacco
Ed Reed
Paul Kruger
Bryant McKinnie
Dannell Ellerbe
Cary Williams
Maake Kemoeatu

And a handful of others.

Holy crap. :x

Here's some irony. On the radio BEFORE the game, they mentioned that the Ravens were looking at cutting Boldin and saving 5.5 mil. AND cutting Jacoby and saving 2.5 more. Those 2 would go on to have outstanding games. :lol:

Cutting Boldin and Jacoby? Well damn. :lol: Both of their TEs (Dickson and Pitta) are RFA's, too. Lots of special teams guys needing new contracts.

I wonder if they try and shop players for picks. Ozzie has shown that he can do work, so it might be time to restock.

Last edited:
So the Ravens will open the offseason $5 million over the cap, and have the following UFAs to re-sign:
Joe Flacco
Ed Reed
Paul Kruger
Bryant McKinnie
Dannell Ellerbe
Cary Williams
Maake Kemoeatu

And a handful of others.

Holy crap. :x

They will let williams, reed, and mckinnie go
Kruger wants to get paid
I think they keep boldin and jones
Others will have to take pay cuts

I agree, I would LOVE him in Houston just roaming back there.

But considering he has his ring, has saved most of his money and is prob the best safety to play the game. Why not go out on top?

I agree, I would LOVE him in Houston just roaming back there.

But considering he has his ring, has saved most of his money and is prob the best safety to play the game. Why not go out on top?
Because he's already said that he's going to play next year.

McKinnie is replaceable. He's solid, but I think they would have an easier time filling that spot with someone just as productive, if not more, than they would at positions for some of these other guys.

I also don't think you reward Flacco with this big-time contract and then go ahead and get rid of one of his biggest weapons. To remain effective, he's obviously going to need the weapons and Boldin does a lot to help out Joe.

Ozzie Newsome, God damn.

96 he pulls Ogden and Ray Lewis
97 lands Boulware and Jamie Sharper
98 is Duane Starks
99 Chris McAllister, Stokley,
00 Jamal Lewis
01 Todd Heap
02 Ed Reed
03 Suggs
05 Derek Anderson (reach, but got him in round 6)
06 Haloti Ngata (also his current punter Kock in round 6)
08 Joe Flacco and Ray Rice
09 Oher, Kruger, and Lardarius Webb
10 Cody, Dickson, Pitta
11 Jimmy and Torrey Smith
12 Upshaw, Osemele, Pierce, and Streeter on ice (bet he replaces Jones or even Boldin if they make changes)

The guy is unreal. My team's 40 year history couldn't match these picks. Incredible.

Did he have a cold in 04 tho or what? :lol:

^^ grantland article about how most of their front office started in-house, 20/20 club, as guys in their 20s making 20k/year. scout farm system. plus they don't subscribe to some of the major scouting services. boller was a whiff but no residuals from that

Ravens going 5-11 next year though

The loss of Ray Lewis won't drop them off that much. They still gonna have Suggs, Ngata, and probably Reed, among others.

There are a lot of variables at play here, but I can see them still winning the division. At the worst, they'll be competitive.

Last edited:
They're losing a lot more than Ray Lewis, 651. Peep what I posted above. Already $5 mil over the cap with 13 UFAs + 7 RFAs.

I agree that they'll be competitive, but they have a lot of work to do. Will be interesting to see what Ozzie does.

Last edited:
Gotta expect that unless San Fran gets tremendous value on offense, that they will pull a San Fran and invest heavily on the defensive side this draft. 

However, don't see them looking at Elam with their first round pick. Can get better value at other defensive positions. 

Matt Elam to SF in that one
smokin.gif

i like that
if any team has enough size to make up for elams lack of size it's the 49er

who by the way at the moment have more picks than anyone else

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock

i want the eagles to get joeckel and then if he's not available, i pray lotulelei is..

with the heavy rumors of us moving to a 3-4.. we could play lotulelei at the NT, with jenkins and cox as the DEs

then when we move to a 4 man front, we would have a ton of versatility with our guys

Gotta expect that unless San Fran gets tremendous value on offense, that they will pull a San Fran and invest heavily on the defensive side this draft. 

However, don't see them looking at Elam with their first round pick. Can get better value at other defensive positions. 
elam is great value at 31

Back
Top Bottom