2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit:

Compare the Lakers vs Jazz schedule the next four games. Man.

Jazz likely lose all 4, but have 3 days rest against us, and we are playing a back to back (so no Kobe)

We probably lose 4 of the 5, and then lose to the Jazz.

6 after that for us... @Suns, @Pelicans, @Spurs, vs. Rockets, vs. Wizards, vs. Bulls

Last edited:
Still, we stay living dangerous. Last night scared the hell outta me. Up 1 with 43 seconds. :smh:

I need those other teams to stop overlooking us and get their W.

3.5 more months. Secure the top 5 and our 2017, and tanking/losing is over. Full speed ahead from that point forward. Next year the entire Laker fanbase will cheer for every single win they can get. The growth process will begin for the young kids.

Still, we stay living dangerous. Last night scared the hell outta me. Up 1 with 43 seconds. :smh:

I need those other teams to stop overlooking us and get their W.

3.5 more months. Secure the top 5 and our 2017, and tanking/losing is over. Full speed ahead from that point forward. Next year the entire Laker fanbase will cheer for every single win they can get. The growth process will begin for the young kids.

Steve Kyler says that the Thunder are $2.268mil over the Luxury tax.

Now would be the chance to send them Hill. Cuts $654K Perkins for Hill. To get the Thunder under the tax try to get Lamb.

With Waiters, Lamb's minutes get squeezed due to Westbrook & Reggie getting 60-70 minutes a night. Waiters will get between 20-30minutes. Then you have Morrow will get more minutes.

It's not a 1st round pick, but Lamb is a young guy $3mil next year. And losing Hill for Lamb doesn't hurt the tank. Perkins helps the tank like he's Gen. Patton.

Last edited:
OKC has to trade away Reggie at this point and they know it or let him walk. Or they can be dumb enoughmand let a youngin walk.
We need to be there for OKC to give them some options moving forward :D

OKC has to trade away Reggie at this point and they know it or let him walk. Or they can be dumb enoughmand let a youngin walk.
We need to be there for OKC to give them some options moving forward :D

Probably would want someone better than Hill if Reggie is included.

But they really are in a weird position. Screwed eventually if they keep him.. Screwed if they let him walk.

Swaggy sucks. Glorified chucker

Definitely a glorified chucker, but the way he was getting to the line definitely kept the Lakers in the game (but I forgot you dont like winning)

Ironically has been an extremely good defender this year.

SFs have a 5.8 PER against him and shooting an effective FG% of .376

Also second in the league in Points Per Touch.... 3rd Klay Thompson.. 4th Anthony Davis. 1st Shabazz Muhammad, which is weird :lol:

Last edited:
Phil showing Mitch and Jim how it's done.

**** prestige, **** legacy, **** the "Laker way."

That's the ******* New York Knicks, the Mecca of the basketball universe, blatantly going into full tank mode realizing they have no chance. Phil is being paid to do a job and he's doing it. He gives no damns about how Knick fans feel, he's doing the dirty work that needs to be done.

Jim and Jeanie care way too much about pampering die hard Laker fans in LA who are crying "we don't tank! It's not who we are!"

They should care more about stacking those picks and giving Randle a **** ton of talent to work with as he progresses as a basketball player.

Once again, Jim being an idiot is showcased by the fact that his ego would not allow himself to give Phil the power New York gave him. If he was here he'd be working that same magic for us, and you know he'd have Kobe on board too. He'd keep it real with him and tell him if he wants even the slimmest chance of winning in his final year they NEED to get that top 5 pick.

He'd understand Phil.
Unfortunately neither Kobe or any other person with basketball knowledge respects the way Jim and Jeanie are going about all of this.

Complete bafoons.
Like Ska said, as long as they are in charge of this organization there is no more "Lakers mystique." Those glory days are done. ******* idiots.

And yes, I have changed. No I still don't watch games and root for my team to lose. However, the management needs to set up this roster to have no chance. The players
And coaches are fighting for livelihood, they cannot be blamed.
Management however, can. They suck.

Last edited:

That's the ******* New York Knicks, the Mecca of the basketball universe, blatantly going into full tank mode realizing they have no chance. Phil is being paid to do a job and he's doing it. He gives no damns about how Knick fans feel, he's doing the dirty work that needs to be done.

Jim and Jeanie care way too much about pampering die hard Laker fans in LA who are crying "we don't tank! It's not who we are!"

They should care more about stacking those picks and giving Randle a **** ton of talent to work with as he progresses as a basketball player.

Once again, Jim being an idiot is showcased by the fact that his ego would not allow himself to give Phil the power New York gave him. If he was here he'd be working that same magic for us, and you know he'd have Kobe on board too. He'd keep it real with him and tell him if he wants even the slimmest chance of winning in his final year they NEED to get that top 5 pick.

He'd understand Phil.
Unfortunately neither Kobe or any other person with basketball knowledge respects the way Jim and Jeanie are going about all of this.

Complete bafoons.
Like Ska said, as long as they are in charge of this organization there is no more "Lakers mystique." Those glory days are done. ******* idiots.

And yes, I have changed. No I still don't watch games and root for my team to lose. However, the management needs to set up this roster to have no chance. The players

Cart before the horse LTB.

:lol: when the last time NY won something...them ****** been trash for so long. They ain't doing nothing new, **** sometimes I'm wondering if it's on purpose or they just that bad. I don't even think they won anything as long as I been alive :rofl:

They ain't like us

Last edited:

He'd understand Phil.

Complete bafoons.

:smokin

Lakers are 2nd worst team in the west tho. There's only so much a plan is good for, a lot of this stuff is up to chance. If wolves are healthy lakers are probably worst in the west. If lakers were healthy we'd probably be out of the bottom 5 completely. The standings will fluctuate all year long, I can't understand the point of panicking and being dramatic when we're not even halfway thru

I don't see what else you guys expect us to do to lose more. We already have a bad team. It seems as if Kobe playing less games and minutes will be a thing season long. Only thing at this point is to trade one of our players. There's nothing else that can be done.

Last edited:
Almost forgot most of the team's wins have come against heavily undermanned teams. This kind of thing is out of management's hands but sometimes it's just popular to act ornery and type out a string of profanities to look like you really mean business

Last edited:

He'd understand Phil.

Complete bafoons.

You're frustrated, we all get it but you've been a Lakers fan far too long to really believe all this crap our front office says to the media. We're in the mix for the 4th worst record in the NBA which is right on par with where we should be. Yeah we don't tank, proceed to win bid for Boozer and bring in Lin even though Isaiah, Lance, and others were available. Hell, we didn't even push for Pau to come back but yeah we don't tank. The FO had the money this past off season to obtain services to make us competitive for a bottom half playoff seed but they didn't do a thing. Phil ain't done **** in NY so I don't know why you giving him so much praise as a front office guru when he just signed Melo to a max deal for 5 years. I don't believe anything our front office says to the media, especially Mitch. Dude pulled Gasol for Kwame, got CP3 for Pau, Dwight for Bynum, and Nash for a couple of picks. It even got to a point where other fans called us delusional for all the grandiose trade scenarios we'd come up with because Mitch actually executed them. As an exec, that's amazing but what matters is results on the court and we experienced great success and failure but you can't blame him for CP3 deal getting nixed, Dwight and Kobe not getting along, Nash career dying on a harmless freak collision, or Randle breaking his leg. Just be patient man, enjoy the process.

**** outta here I don't like winning. I like winning rings. Banners. What the **** do I care about a buncha scrubs winning a meaningless game in January. More than half of this is team will be replaced next year. Makes the most sense to suck and secure our top 5 pick. Johnson, mudiay, okafor, Winslow, WCS. Those are the names I'm lookin forward too. Not boozer and lin.

So ******* miss me with that.

And those players are playing for a job, so think logically and ask yourself, if they're not going to be here long, why would they partake in tanking?

Last edited:
And those players are playing for a job, so think logically and ask yourself, if they're not going to be here long, why would they partake in tanking?

Which is fine. That's on management. It's not the players fault. I agree. But the coach can be told to do stuff. Obviously our organization doesn't work that way. But I'm just saying theoretically it has to come from management

But miss me with that I don't wanna win ****

He cant shoot 30 times if he's only playing 30 minutes.
sounds like a challenge 
nerd.gif

Which is fine. That's on management. It's not the players fault. I agree. But the coach can be told to do stuff. Obviously our organization doesn't work that way. But I'm just saying theoretically it has to come from management

But miss me with that I don't wanna win ****

I understand that as well but at this point, there's nothig for management to do but get rid of Lin or Hill, or both of em. If they don't get a trade off then I can understand the backlash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom