2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

But cue the extremely good showing he had with Clippers in playoffs.
43%

35% on 2 point shots.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

12 rebounds, in 11 games.
3 assists, in 11 games.
20 fouls, in 11 games.

And I haven't even mentioned his "defense" yet where he posted the worst defensive rating on the roster.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He hit 17 3's in 11 games, over 50%, and that's what is considered "good showing" in the playoffs???? One stat column?

His team went a full 7 games in round 1, and then were swept in the next round.

And he'll be 31 if we're lucky enough to make the playoffs next year.

I'd slow down on
But cue the extremely good showing he had with Clippers in playoffs

Nick Young sucks. If he was on any other team but the Lakers, Laker fans would admit it with ease. But because he wears our jersey, people back him for no reason. Those numbers are PATHETIC. And him advancing in age doesn't do anything to improve them. It would be one thing if he was just 25 and could still improve, at least then you'd have a basis to work off of, but that's not the case.

He's garbage. Always has been, always will be. We need to start admitting that as a fanbase. We want titles, we have to want Title players. Not hacks like Nick Young.

The Los Angeles Lakers, who have also coveted Dragic for some time, are likewise presumed to be intent on testing the Suns' resolve when it comes to their Slovenian point guard, since sources say L.A. plans to chase Dragic with an expected max four-year contract offer this summer valued at an estimated $80 million.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...-work-trade-phoenix-suns-goran-dragic-sources

sick.gif
Yo $20 million?

trade for reggie jackson instead. **** that

Is Goran worth the max with this roster for the next 4 years?? Thats what you gotta ask yourself.

I am not denying his talent its just I don't know if he is worth max money when we aren't winning a championship in the next 4 years.

Man wtf is up with the Lakers FA $20M for Dragic? H enot even the best guard on his current team and they wanna make him the highest paid PG in the game? IM DONE WITH THEM IF THEY DO THIS

Until something actually happens it's just speculation and posturing. Lakers don't even know if they'll be in position to draft a guard or big man

I had a laughter quantum @ 4/80 for dragic. Nobody can be that stupid to even conjure up such a proposal. Never mind mudiay/russell on rookie scales..but even in a vacuum, the thought of it automatically sets you to 2019 even WITH cap increases.

Hopefully that was just a report put out by Dragics agent or something. Even with the cap increase, giving a 29 year old a four year $80m deal is not the business.

I like Goran

4yr/50 sounds fair

4yr/80 HELLLLLLLLLL nah

I'd also like to admit that I was completely wrong about Okafor. #BePoorforOkafor

Last edited:
I'm going to need the Rockets to step in, trade for and then re-sign Dragic. I'll sacrifice their first round pick falling to the late 20s if it means signing Dragic.

Last edited:
Believe that if you want...

I gotta feeling Jimmy boy is really running the show and Mitch is just a talking head.

I gotta feeling Jimmy boy is really running the show and Mitch is just a talking head.

By all accounts by reliable laker reporters Jim let's mitch do his thing and they agree on all decisions. Also I blame Jeanies dumb *** for giving kobe that contract. But meh.

Would he really be that bad to sign in the summer?

I like his game.
*Kanye Shrug*

Seems like everyone's a bad signing to you guys If they cost more than a few pennies.

It's a lot of money but this new CBA really doesn't allow for much better in this market.

He's young and skilled.
Pair him up with a top 5 pick and Randle and I feel like you're really building something.

I don't wanna trade any picks away for him but if we signed him as a free agent I would think he's a solid PG to build our franchise with. Him with Clarkson backing him up would be a nice young duo.

Maybe it's just me :/

Last edited:
Would he really be that bad to sign in the summer?

I like his game.
*Kanye Shrug*

Seems like everyone's a bad signing to you guys If they cost more than a few pennies.

It's a lot of money but this new CBA really doesn't allow for much better in this market.

He's young and skilled.
Pair him up with a top 5 pick and Randle and I feel like you're really building something.

Maybe it's just me :/

Well we all want him but at the right number. That's lebron money right there :lol:

His value is around 13 million now.that 7 million overpay for the next few years won't be as bad as you guys make it seem if you do this thing right your best players are all gonna be in rookie contracts if you guys can snag him at around 16 mil per it wouldn't be so bad.

Yeah but who are we realistically going to sign for the 8-12 million a year that we all desire?

Who in this market will sign with us for that money that is a legit talent to build with?

Vince Carter at age 40?
Dion Waiters?
Reggie Jackson, another shoot first small guard?

I really don't know what this market allows us to sign for an affordable price that is actually WORTH signing.

Ed Davis is about to cash out and leave,
Jordan Hill will cash out and leave after his 2 years are gone.

I mean sadly Swaggy P's Wack *** is the only notable "talent" that would sign with us for 4/5 per year.

Lance took 9 per and we all see how bad he is when he's forced to carry a team...

Not a lot of great talent you can get for that 8-12 million a year mark.

We're going to get talent in this years draft and that's great, but cap space will be empty and it has to be spent somewhere.

Who do you realistically see that is as good of a professional basketball player as Goran that would actually consider us this summer for 8-12 million a year? Genuinely inform me

Because dudes like Gordan Hayward and Chandler Parsons got pretty much maxed out by their teams and Dragic is a better overall basketball player than both of them.

Although Hawyward has been COOKIN lately.

They're around the same talent level, so how do you expect them to not get the same contracts?

If haywards getting maxed then Dragic for damn sure is

Last edited:

If that was the case, Mitch would have never agreed to an extension recently. 

The majority of NBA teams would want Mitch as their GM. He would have no issue getting a job. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom