2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
25. Ed Davis | PF | Age: 25 | PO

2014-15 team: Los Angeles Lakers
2014-15 salary: $981,000
Suggested AAV: $10.0 million/year ($30.0 million over three years)

Last summer, I had Davis among my top 30 free agents consistently, and was shocked when the market left him unsigned. I applauded the Lakers' signing of him, and he's rewarded them with efficient finishing and rebounding.
Three years-$18M is fair to me. But with the next CBA projected to skyrocket, I guess three years-$30M isn't too outrageous?

25. Ed Davis | PF | Age: 25 | PO

2014-15 team: Los Angeles Lakers
2014-15 salary: $981,000
Suggested AAV: $10.0 million/year ($30.0 million over three years)

Last summer, I had Davis among my top 30 free agents consistently, and was shocked when the market left him unsigned. I applauded the Lakers' signing of him, and he's rewarded them with efficient finishing and rebounding.
Three years-$18M is fair to me. But with the next CBA projected to skyrocket, I guess three years-$30M isn't too outrageous?

Yeah 10 instead of 6 when the cap jumps up $20-25mil isn't bad.

But, this offseason would be brutal for us if we give that to him. 2016 not so bad, but 2015 it would be a bad move.

And if we draft Okafor, Towns or WCS then no point of $10mil to Ed.

Last edited:
If anything, i would try to flip him before I give him 10 a year and we're still rebuilding.

They had a hard time giving Odom 10 mil a year during our championship window, not seein the value now during a rebuilding phase.

Flip him for something else if you can. Which of course, Mitch can't or won't, so.... :lol:

Better give Boss a declining contract, but that would hurt signing other guys this summer.

We probably should have signed Jordan Hill to a longer lower AAV contract this past season.

If anything, would have been easier to trade.

That contract perplexes me. Because my rational side sees how it is valuable on the 2nd year Team Option, but the trade off was higher AAV, and his consent to move him. But now pisses me off because it would have been easier to trade him, if we just give him a longer guaranteed contract.

Last edited:
20. Wesley Matthews | SG | Age: 28 | UFA

2014-15 team: Portland Trail Blazers
2014-15 salary: $7.2 million
Suggested AAV: $12.0 million/year ($48.0 million over four years)

The poster child for any undrafted player, Matthews is like a light version of two-way wings such as Leonard and Butler. He's one of the league leaders in 3-point makes, and a solid defender, and represents the next wave of positions that will attract more free agent dollars.
27. Khris Middleton | SG | Age: 23 | RFA

2014-15 team: Milwaukee Bucks
2014-15 salary: $915,000 million
Suggested AAV: $8.0 million/year ($32.0 million over four years)

Middleton's been a bright spot in a season of bright spots for the Bucks, emerging as an elite defensive wing with 3-point range. He leads all shooting guards in defensive RPM (plus-4.1), and is second among all wings, making him the ideal complementary player.
28. Danny Green | SF | Age: 27 | UFA

2014-15 team: San Antonio Spurs
2014-15 salary: $4.0 million
Suggested AAV: $8.0 million/year, ($24.0 million over three years)

Like Middleton, Green has been a very good defender and developed into an excellent 3-point shooter for San Antonio. Will he give the Spurs the hometown discount for playing such a huge role in developing him (starting back to his time with their D-League affiliate)? There will be no shortage of suitors for this proven winner
29. Arron Afflalo | SG | Age: 29 | UFA

2014-15 team: Portland Trail Blazers
2014-15 salary: $7.8 million
Suggested AAV: $8.0 million/year, ($24.0 million over three years, player option on fourth year)

Afflalo was once a promising 3-and-D player, but somewhere along the way, being a marquee offensive player outweighed his desire to be an elite defender. Being traded back to a winning situation in Portland affords him the chance to prove he can still bring it on the defensive end consistently.

I rather take my chances going into 2016 with Randle/Top 5/Clarkson/Houston pick and not a penny more, and let what ever free agents there are pick and choose their teammates and our market.

I don't think adding or subtracting an Ed Davis, Jordan Hill, Lin, etc makes a difference.

If one of the stars wants to come to LA, and we have the money to pay him, and he can bring a friend, or two, and we have Randle and Towns sitting here recruiting them as well, after (hopefully) a strong 2015-16 season from them, I'm good with that.

And if Clarkson and the Houston pick pan out, even better for us then.

Of those 4, I would guess Green is the call. 3/24 at 27 is better than 4/48 at 28.

We won't get Middelton cuz of RFA, and Affalo at 29 (!!!!) isn't really worth it at this point.

Thing is, I don't trust Green outside Pop, at all. But at least 3 years at 8 per is easier to move if he goes sideways.

Yall in here really gonna act like nick young wasn't apart of one of the greatest comebacks in playoff history?'

Nick young is a good player. I just think there's no motivation to perform well for anyone on this team.

This time sucks from 1-12

I think Middleton could be gettable if the Lakers (or any other team) offers a Parsons-like contract.

Especially since you know Alphabet, MCW and Jabari are/will line up for extensions after him.

Of those 4, I would guess Green is the call. 3/24 at 27 is better than 4/48 at 28.

We won't get Middelton cuz of RFA, and Affalo at 29 (!!!!) isn't really worth it at this point.

Thing is, I don't trust Green outside Pop, at all. But at least 3 years at 8 per is easier to move if he goes sideways.
I can't believe Affalo looks washed at 29. That's crazy

You guys are also sounding foolish even entertaining throwing money at Spurs players :lol:

They don't pan out in other places.

$8 mil for Danny Green??? SMH :lol:

I think Middleton could be gettable if the Lakers (or any other team) offers a Parsons-like contract.

Especially since you know Alphabet, MCW and Jabari are/will line up for extensions after him.

Yeah, Iono about a Parsons type deal tho. That's risky as hell.

At that money, I'd want our window right here and now, and it's not the case. I couldn't get behind that.

This thread, full of essays. No talk about Nash chameleon eyes? No.parole for LA fans in the next few years.

If anything, i would try to flip him before I give him 10 a year and we're still rebuilding.

They had a hard time giving Odom 10 mil a year during our championship window, not seein the value now during a rebuilding phase.

Flip him for something else if you can. Which of course, Mitch can't or won't, so.... :lol:

If they gave Hill 9 mil, Boss is likely getting 12.

Yall in here really gonna act like nick young wasn't apart of one of the greatest comebacks in playoff history?'

?

this is disrespectful to the entire history of the nba 
Get your head outta your *** bruh.
smush parker and luke walton were a part of one of the greatest finishes in nba playoff history 
laugh.gif

If they gave Hill 9 mil, Boss is likely getting 12.

I think they gave Hill 9 because they knew they would be terrible this year anyway, so they signed anyone they could. (Wes, Swaggy, trade for Lin, claim Boozer, etc)

I don't "think" they will throw money away next year, since we likely don't keep that pick anyways, and they will actually have some building blocks to work with now.

Now, if we get a guard with the top 5 pick, maybe you could sell me on the money spent for Davis. But if we pull Towns, and have Randle, why are we givin Ed 12 mil?

Can't see tonight's game being close. Jazz have played well after a disastrous start.

Tank Watch 2/25
Knicks vs Celtics...Isaiah Thomas making his home debut. Go Celtics.
76ers vs Bucks...76ers are good on defense and Bucks are bad on offense. Go 76ers.
Suns vs Nuggets...Two teams spiraling down post-trade deadline. Go Nuggets.
Heat vs Magic...Magic have been playing well under their new coach. Go Magic.
Wizards vs T'Wolves...Wizards have been terrible lately and KG returns. Go T'Wolves.
Hornets vs Bulls...Hornets try to get win 23 vs a shocked Bulls team. Go Hornets.
Grizzlies vs Kings...In Boogie We Trust. Go Kings.

I think they gave Hill 9 because they knew they would be terrible this year anyway, so they signed anyone they could. (Wes, Swaggy, trade for Lin, claim Boozer, etc)

I don't "think" they will throw money away next year, since we likely don't keep that pick anyways, and they will actually have some building blocks to work with now.

Now, if we get a guard with the top 5 pick, maybe you could sell me on the money spent for Davis. But if we pull Towns, and have Randle, why are we givin Ed 12 mil?

Who knows man there's literally no rhyme or reason they do anything anymore. The Dummy P contract exemplifies that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom