2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Father Time is undefeated."
- Barkley

ohwell.gif
we have faith in you 

Dudes wanna tank and then blame the coach for the team being trash :stoneface:

Enough with the foolishness, get Jeanie on my line do we can discuss trading these picks for Boogie

I'm so confused, y'all cry when we get 3 straight wins, but want MDA, because he could have done more with this team?

MDA wasn't going to win us a championship. And for all the posts about how MDA made all these guys ball out, I don't hear anybody taking about how poorly he utilized Pau. Pau having a career year, but MDA wanted him to shoot 3s...

cats in here want it both ways. they want to think their way of running the team would have been better. "if the FO did this, kept this guy, traded that guy, etc. this team wouldn't be so ****! BUT OH NOES! we're winning and going to lose our pick!"

there's really no point in trying to argue the unpopular view point in here because the circle jerk ensues. its laughable at this point.

Dudes wanna tank and then blame the coach for the team being trash :stoneface:

Enough with the foolishness, get Jeanie on my line do we can discuss trading these picks for Boogie

I'm so confused, y'all cry when we get 3 straight wins, but want MDA, because he could have done more with this team?

MDA wasn't going to win us a championship. And for all the posts about how MDA made all these guys ball out, I don't hear anybody taking about how poorly he utilized Pau. Pau having a career year, but MDA wanted him to shoot 3s...

cats in here want it both ways. they want to think their way of running the team would have been better. "if the FO did this, kept this guy, traded that guy, etc. this team wouldn't be so ****! BUT OH NOES! we're winning and going to lose our pick!"

there's really no point in trying to argue the unpopular view point in here because the circle jerk ensues. its laughable at this point.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm going to try and help you guys out. Hopefully this will reach all of you.

WE, want to tank. Sure. Myself, and a few other Laker fans around the world, WE want to tank, to keep our pick. That is our hope, absolutely.

The TEAM, Jim, Mitch, etc, THEY say they will NOT tank. Hence, they want the best team they can get, this year.

Ya with me so far?

So THEY don't want to tank, THEY want to try and win, make the playoffs, etc. They wanted Nash, and Kobe, and Randle, and Clarkson, Hill, Lin, Boozer, etc, to compete in the West.

So clearly, they wanted something different than what us pro tankers wanted.

Now, to do that, they let the better coach go. Over one year. One, year. They want to win, NOT tank, remember? :nerd: But they hired a worthless piece of **** coach. And let a really really good one go.

That, is what we are complaining about. They don't want to tank, but they don't want to help build the team via the coaching stability you need either.

Do you guys get the difference there? Understand that there is a difference?

You guys and your "they just complain to complainnnnnnnnn!!!!!" ...........as you complain about people complaining. :lol:

"You want it both wayssssssssssssssssss" ...........No, we want the ******* team to be great again. Whatever measures it takes. Hiring Byron Scott, not helpin that process, tank or no tank. He's putrid. Hence, anger.

"You have no controlllllllllllll" ..........I guess all message boards should be blank sheets of paper screen then. :lol:

Last edited:
Lets use outliers and rare exceptions to prove our points.

Tim Duncan's and LeBron James' are available every year.

Last edited:
Yup.

We never see a
Wiggins
AD
Boogie
Drummond
Wall
Love
Steph
Harden
Russ
Durant
Blake
Rose
CP3
Lillard
Dwight
Wade
Bosh
Melo

Let's only point to Bron and Duncan. Cuz no other player is worth having since them.

#Outliers. :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah all those players listed are more than just all-star seat fillers, they all have rings and multiple championships under their belts.

#Winners

Last edited:
The Spurs, w/ Duncan, won a championship their 2nd year w/ him (or was it 3rd?)

Cavs? Finals in Bron's 4th year.

Take away teammates of Bron/Duncan (Bosh, Wade), and that ENTIRE CAST you named has 1 championship (pre-Bron Wade), and 2 other Finals (1 pre-Bron Heat loss for Wade, and 1 loss for Dwight).

But yeah, talking guarantees success.

Just tank.

That's it.

That's why the Pelicans are fighting to get in the playoffs.

Tanking is all it takes, though, and is a necessary component.

Which is why the Nuggets, Blazers, Kings, Wolves, & Wizards have such deeep playoffs runs with their taking payoffs in Melo, Lillard, Boogie, Love, & Wall.

Tank.

That's how the Spurs did it. You cannot fail with a tank... except for the Kings, Wolves, non-Bron Cavs, and countless other examples. Nevermind those.

Tanking.

Last edited:
:lol:

Oh. I guess we don't need or want Russ then.
Or KD.
Or AD.
Or Boogie.
Or Wiggins.
Or Steph.

I guess careers are over after 3-4 years. Cuz they ain't #Winners

Let it go man, you took the wrong angle on this one. No big. We all want the same thing.

Uh, Pelicans in the West.

And the rest of what you said, needs sharpening.

Like, it ain't AD's fault they traded for JRue.
Or that the Wolves with Love in hand, passed on Steph AND Boogie.
Or that the Thunder sold Harden, early.

And so on. But that's another matter for later.

Oh. I guess we don't need or want Russ then.
Or KD.
Or AD.
Or Boogie.
Or Wiggins.
Or Steph.

I guess careers are over after 3-4 years. Cuz they ain't #Winners

Let it go man, you took the wrong angle on this one. No big. We all want the same thing.
Nope. That's switching the topic. This isn't about how good the PLAYER is; saying that tanking leads to successes is a statement about the FRANCHISE.

There are franchises that are terrible despite MULTIPLE recent top picks, and franchises who win despite never being a bottom-feeder that benefits from a top pick.

Last edited:
Uh, Pelicans in the West.
I could have swore they were, but I also could have swore I saw a graphic on SportsCenter the other day that showed the Pelicans fighting the Celtics for the final playoff spot. Didn't really think anything of it. No time to think these days.

"Father time is undefeated."

:\

Yep, I'm pulling that card.

Tanking/keeping the pick is only one piece of the puzzle to becoming successful (at least in our opinion), but not the direct/only reason.

As is a good coach, etc.

Which is why we can complain about Byron but also want the L's. It's not wanting it both ways and contradicting, it's looking at two pieces of the puzzle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom