2014-15 Lakers Season Thread (21-61) KAT

This summer, if the chance comes, Love, Rondo, Neither, or Both?

• Love

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rondo

• Neither

• Both

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boss and Price alone are better than those four on a consistent basis in 2013. I'll throw in Wes :smile:x) and Hill.

Stop bringing up MDA. It takes away from the main point. Scott is horrendous. And yes this years roster is better than last years. 

Is there anyone who thinks Scott is good and just needs a good roster? Or can we all agree he's horrible? 

THE GUY FOULED UP BY 4. No one does that. He did it because of all the flak he was getting for not fouling up 3. Totally different situations. Why does no one talk about this?

Remember when he told Lin not to foul. 

He said the pick and roll is easy to guard.

For some reason he thinks Price is some defensive stalwart.

He constantly throws his team under the bus.

He harps about defense, but are we any better than last years defense when pace is adjusted for? I really don't know so someone please point me in the direction where I can find this.

He killed Kobe for no reason. 

Hi offense makes no sense. Literally mid range jump shots from everyone. He made JHill a really sucky player, but Hill is content because he gets his minutes. 

He was hedging out real hard on pick and rolls with Boozer as our big for most of the year. 

He wants teams shooting the three rather than the midrange. I don't get it. 

And now he wants to start Lin over Clarkson for no reason, when he kept throwing the dude under the bus the entire year (not a fan of Lin, but still). 

:smokin

Boss and Price alone are better than those four on a consistent basis in 2013. I'll throw in Wes (
sick.gif
) and Hill.
Was Kobe in 2013 bad defensively. I remember the guy locking up PGs at a point cause of how awful our defense was. I know he picks and chooses when to guard, but I don't think he was bad in 2013.

2013 Kobe was one of the best Kobe's I've seen. We really don't appreciate it enough. 

Also how many games did the predicted starting line up play together (Dwight, Pau, Artest, Kobe, Nash)? Like 7 or something right 
laugh.gif
. It was a very small percentage. 

There's no way. :lol:

That's just your 2 biases showing through.

Ska, it has ZERO to do with bias. Look at the skills as defenders. The 4 I listed actually TRY to play Defense.

Kobe, Pau, Nash, Jamison, in 2013? :rofl:

In 2007, yeah, them, but in 2013? :lol: :lol: :lol:

No bias man.

Stop bringing up MDA. It takes away from the main point. Scott is horrendous. And yes this years roster is better than last years. 

Is there anyone who thinks Scott is good and just needs a good roster? Or can we all agree he's horrible? 

THE GUY FOULED UP BY 4. No one does that. He did it because of all the flak he was getting for not fouling up 3. Totally different situations. Why does no one talk about this?

Remember when he told Lin not to foul. 

He said the pick and roll is easy to guard.

For some reason he thinks Price is some defensive stalwart.

He constantly throws his team under the bus.

He harps about defense, but are we any better than last years defense when pace is adjusted for? I really don't know so someone please point me in the direction where I can find this.

He killed Kobe for no reason. 

Hi offense makes no sense. Literally mid range jump shots from everyone. He made JHill a really sucky player, but Hill is content because he gets his minutes. 

He was hedging out real hard on pick and rolls with Boozer as our big for most of the year. 

He wants teams shooting the three rather than the midrange. I don't get it. 

And now he wants to start Lin over Clarkson for no reason, when he kept throwing the dude under the bus the entire year (not a fan of Lin, but still). 
This is a wonderful post. 

Boss and Price alone are better than those four on a consistent basis in 2013. I'll throw in Wes :smile:x ) and Hill.
Was Kobe in 2013 bad defensively. I remember the guy locking up PGs at a point cause of how awful our defense was. I know he picks and chooses when to guard, but I don't think he was bad in 2013.

2013 Kobe was one of the best Kobe's I've seen. We really don't appreciate it enough. 

Also how many games did the predicted starting line up play together (Dwight, Pau, Artest, Kobe, Nash)? Like 7 or something right :lol: . It was a very small percentage. 
He did for two games vs Kyrie and Jennings then stopped because the workload was too much. :lol:

I wish I could find the clip of Manu just backdooring Kobe to the rim for an easy layup.

I definitely want them to lose now, so he's great. And to his credit, recently we have kept a lot of these games real close. They don't feel close, but numbers wise they are close.

When I blast Scott it isn't about now, it's about the future. It sucks Kobe loves the guy. I question this high bball IQ everyone talks about in regards to Kobe if he can't see Scott's flaws. 

I do wonder if the FO sees this and if they have a coach in mind. Scott is a perfect placeholder right now. Laker ties, keeps Kobe happy, and lose games. 

@PMatic  And yea it was just a few games, for sure I remember that. But In general I don't think he was awful or a liability. Correct me if I'm wrong. Helped to have Dwight behind you too. He does go through that free safety nonsense, but he did have a huge workload that year. 

This year he was literally just standing there on the defensive end a lot of times 
laugh.gif

Bryant, sources said, has “no interest” in playing for D’Antoni next season, and wants a new coach in place for the 2014-15 season.

"Honestly, I didn't care," Bryant said when asked about D'Antoni's decision to accept a buyout, per ESPN LA.

According to sources with knowledge of the situation, part of the discussion between Howard and Kupchak centered around Howard's frustration with D'Antoni -- particularly how the center felt marginalized as the coach looked to Bryant and Steve Nash for leadership and suggestions and discounted Howard's voice.
[…]
"We had to just sell out to whatever he wanted, whether we liked it or not," Howard said of D'Antoni following his exit interview.

"It gets old," Hill said of his fluctuating position in the coach's rotation, via Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Times. "It’s what you can expect, though. It’s not a surprise."

While Hill told Medina "it's too early to say" what he'll do when he hits the unrestricted free-agent market this summer, he made it abundantly clear he has no interest in reviving this same role with the Lakers next season.

"Of course not," Hill said, via Medina. "Who would?"

Lakers' Jordan Hill: 'If Mike [D'Antoni] was here, I wouldn't be back'

Then again, Hill isn't the only current Laker having D'Antoni problems.

Kobe Bryant, who signed a two-year, $48.5 million contract extension in November, has "no interest" in spending another season under the coach, sources told Sean Deveney of Sporting News. Pau Gasol, who will also be an unrestricted free agent this summer, has fired his own shots in D'Antoni's direction:

Pau took a not-so-subtle jab at D'Antoni postgame, saying there is no discipline being administered by the team

Gasol was irritated with teammates putting up too many one-on-one shots and bothered by D’Antoni’s small-ball lineup, which pitted the slender Wesley Johnson against power forward David West.
Gasol called for more discipline, presumably from D’Antoni, saying there were too many “individual actions” right now.

"The club is leaning toward retaining him despite some privately disgruntled players and massive public disdain," Bleacher Report's Kevin Ding wrote. "It’s not clear which way the organization will go with him."

Magic Johnson questioned new coach Mike D'Antoni's system with the slumping Los Angeles Lakers, saying ''it doesn't fit the talent the Lakers have.''

Magic is known for pointing out the obvious

But injuries aren’t to blame for losing by 48 points, and Thursday night, the Lakers insisted that they did not quit out there. Instead, Robert Sacre conceded that their offense is making it even more difficult to defend, and defense has always been this team’s Achilles heel.

With this offense, we need the ball to move around,” Sacre said after their loss to the Clippers Thursday night. “When we get tough shots or we take tough shots it makes long rebounds, long rebounds turns into transition points and quick outlets…It makes us have to get back on the defensive end quicker, and translates into fast offense for the other team.”

Though D’Antoni has reiterated game after game, that their offense is not the problem, essentially, the Lakers offense is exacerbating their weakest flaw, their defense.

"I said, 'This is not working. I feel like I deserve more and I feel like I've earned more from this last six-game stretch,'" said Kaman. "He's like, 'I can't guarantee you're going to play this many minutes.'"

"I said, 'Well it's just better off they continue to develop Rob," Kaman recounted of the heated conversation. "I probably became a little unprofessional, just a little bit, by the end of it."

Want a Lakers veteran willing to go on the record about his issues with D’Antoni? Look no further than Chris Kaman.
Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News:

Follow
Chris Kaman said he hasn't talked to Mike D'Antoni in the past 3 weeks. Only found out he's starting tonight by lineups
7:02 PM - 25 Mar 2014

hris Kaman on starting tonight after having string of DNP's this season: "I’m thrilled! I’m enthralled! I’m ready to go!"

Chris Kaman said this has been his hardest NBA season "by far." He then added, "ten fold."
Safe to say, Kaman’s excitement was sarcasm.

Antawn Jamison w/ a little D'Antoni dig on @TWCSportsNet when talking about J.Hill (1/2): "Nobody got a fair shake when D'Antoni was here."

Jamison of course played under D'Antoni w/ J. Hill, then follows up w/ an exhale (2/2): "I've been waiting for a long time (to say that)."

Last edited:
IDK, Kobe was pretty bad on defense besides a game here and there like I highlighted.
I'll take your word for it. I'm biased, I loved Kobe that year. He was amazing. Carried the entire team. The achilles injury still kills me. 

when kobe only plays defense when his man has the ball, if its a shooter running through screens kobe stops trying 

barking like a lark, lark
playing at a park, a park
can‘t name a coach go fart, fart
byron scott full of smarts, smarts

~Lude Productions

Can we all just agree that:

MDA wasn't a good fit and Scott sucks?

I mean the back and fourth is moot at this point. MDA isn't here, isn't coming back here and Scott sucks we all see it and hopefully he is gone sooner than later.

The end.

Can we all just agree that:

MDA wasn't a good fit and Scott sucks?

I mean the back and fourth is moot at this point. MDA isn't here, isn't coming back here and Scott sucks we all see it and hopefully he is gone sooner than later.

The end.
Originally Posted by Kal-El-8  

3 coaches in a row that this team can't get right.

Mike brown was horrible we all agree.

Dantoni wasn't horrible, but he deflected a lot of blame and wasn't the right fit.

Byron is just an absolute idiot.

Going back, lakers hired Rudy T before getting phil again, and he didn't even make it a season.

This team hasn't had a good coach besides phil, since Riley.

And btw; Byron had a huge part in the cavs drafting Dion ****** waiters.

So he'll probably play a huge part in drafting Kristaps khdlaglfjga

To sum up. This team is ***** doomed. 
laugh.gif
I said this 3 days ago btw. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom