• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A big PG, nice first step, can get into the lane and prefers contact at the rim (will help us get to the FT line). Good P&R scorer too

Scores well in transition... Very fluid end to end game

Negatives... Inconsistent jumper, plays a bit out of control, over dribbles. (Sounds a lot like Westbrook)...

He's def not D Moe... I felt D Moe tried to play waaaayy to flashy for his skillset at times. This kid just gets the job done

Add Patric in the mix and u got 3 of some of the top players from the SEC on your roster, two basically for nothing.

:smokin

I was just thinking the Lakers FO have been saying they're waiting on a coach. But what if they're lying? And no one wants to come here cause when y'all don't make the playoffs this year they'll be fired next off-season?

Like the somebody that been callin for this stuff for over a year, or somebody else? :lol:
Like somebody who thinks they're views are the ONLY way and those that disagree are dumb or don't get "it".
We don't have anyone like that in this thread, though.

:wink:  

Correct.

I know, everyone labeled me the "only way" guy, the "black and white" guy, "dictator" etc.

When what I am is the back my stance guy. I don't go back and forth daily on what I want. I'm not like a lot of the other fish in here that want playoffs one day, then tank today, then anti tank tomorrow.......

Actually, I did that yesterday, so nevermind. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

But I assume everyone knew I wasn't really pro Melo, pro Byron Scott ( sick.gif ) pro mediocrity. Maybe I'm wrong on that

If we get rid of Nash and get a pick out of this deal for gasol, we had a good summer.

I wanted Melo.

But preparing for the future makes sense since Melo isn't coming.

Kobe is gonna make his money and retire with 5 titles.

Not bad all around.

If we get rid of Nash and get a pick out of this deal for gasol, we had a good summer.

If we move Nash, get the pick, and didn't give a 4 year deal to a one dimensional bench guy, that woulda been a good summer.

Overall, we did the right things, but Nick Young's deal will never make sense. They shouldn't have extended anyone past Kobe's contract, unless it was someone you want around past Kobe. Nick Young does not qualify for that. :lol:

But, it's a start. They gathered some assets, will put butts in seats, keep their "name recognition" globally with Lin and Kobe, and can start to build around Randle with some other young pieces. In the end, that's not a bad start.

Hopefully, we have a productive trade deadline, and move a few other pieces around, gain an extra pick or two.

The 5 mil isn't bad for the chucker, but 4 YEARS and a player option at the end? Pau Gasol supposedly had a tradeable deal and he's light years ahead of NY, but we weren't able to get peanuts for him.

I'm just really frustrated b/c that money could have been used a lot more wisely, and actually got a piece that was good.

Chris Sheridan ‏@sheridanhoops 3m
The #Lakers starting to add pieces, which look like last year's pieces at higher prices. Yeesh #NBA http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/06/30/los-angeles-lakers-salaries-and-analysis/

Pretty much. I'm pretty sure NOBODY was offering Hill and Young that money. Would have much rather offered Lance a 4 year deal than Nick freaking Young.

What exactly is lance brining? I don't get it. He is a head case. Is that really what we want or need? If he was a head case that had the number bron had, of course you bring him in. Indy was trying to give him what 11 mill a year for 4 years? He turned down 44 mil saying he deserved more money.

When he gets a 4 year 60 mil deal, I'll be glad it wasn't us.

Lance is 23 (will be 24 for next season) so he's still young, very young really, but has proven game, since people are so afraid of "rookies that will bust" and all that.

He plays on both sides of the ball.

He can score, he can pass, he can rebound, he plays excellent defense. He can play the 1, 2 or 3 position. Effectively. He's a decent shooter, and still improving, and he can create for himself, or for others.

He is a tireless worker, who wants to be great. The man took full challenge of LeBron James out there.

Paul George makes 90 million dollars, and he wasn't even on Bron like that.

Lance is hungry. And he, with Kobe, and Randle, would be 3 DOGS out there on the floor. Guys that would kill somebody to get the ball, or a stop, or a rebound, or whatever helps the team win.

Lance, brings ALOT to the team. He ain't a head case, he's a dog. And will never, ever, ever back down.

He's worth money to build around, but not insane money of course, I would never advocate for that. When I started preaching for us to get him, it was early in the year, and he was in that 2 years, maybe 16-18 million range. He played so well, it drove his price up, now he can get a nice lil contract from somebody.

We got Nick Young. :rolleyes

Dunleavy would be a good piece to re-route to a contender.

He'll definitely have a market come February, if not earlier.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 7m
ESPN sources say Lakers will delay official signing of Nick Young until AFTER Pau Gasol talks play out. Pau sign-and-trade must happen first

What exactly is lance brining? I don't get it. He is a head case. Is that really what we want or need? If he was a head case that had the number bron had, of course you bring him in. Indy was trying to give him what 11 mill a year for 4 years? He turned down 44 mil saying he deserved more money.

When he gets a 4 year 60 mil deal, I'll be glad it wasn't us.

Lance is definitely worth 12 mil a year if that's what it takes to get him, I mean we did just give Jordan Hill 9 mil dollars. Lance is one of the best 2 way players in the league.

We could flip Dunleavy for a pick or young players, he has a very team friendly contract

Did someone say nobody was offering nick young that money? :rofl: some clueless ******* in this thread. He clearly took a paycut to resign here. But keep hating, please do. Only makes it sweeter when my mans starts cookin once again these next few years :pimp:

Kamenetzky Brothers ‏@KamBrothers 38m
To be fair, the potential lure of Pau was apparently a nice aspect of their pitch to Melo, but overall, they didn't capitalize on value. BK

:smh:

Lance is 23 (will be 24 for next season) so he's still young, very young really, but has proven game, since people are so afraid of "rookies that will bust" and all that.

He plays on both sides of the ball.

He can score, he can pass, he can rebound, he plays excellent defense. He can play the 1, 2 or 3 position. Effectively. He's a decent shooter, and still improving, and he can create for himself, or for others.

He is a tireless worker, who wants to be great. The man took full challenge of LeBron James out there.

Paul George makes 90 million dollars, and he wasn't even on Bron like that.

Lance is hungry. And he, with Kobe, and Randle, would be 3 DOGS out there on the floor. Guys that would kill somebody to get the ball, or a stop, or a rebound, or whatever helps the team win.

Lance, brings ALOT to the team. He ain't a head case, he's a dog. And will never, ever, ever back down.

He's worth money to build around, but not insane money of course, I would never advocate for that. When I started preaching for us to get him, it was early in the year, and he was in that 2 years, maybe 16-18 million range. He played so well, it drove his price up, now he can get a nice lil contract from somebody.

We got Nick Young.
eyes.gif
You do realize that a core of Kobe/Randle/Lance, in no way, is a bottom 5 team, right?

So you would have SUPPORTED a Lance sighting?

No matter, because it's apparently not happening, but... I would have thought you would have opposed it, being the middle ground team that would make us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom