• 45-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
"We'll be very aggressive this offseason" (or whatever it was Mitch specifically said)

*picks up Lin, Boozer, Swaggy, & Byron*

Clearly me & Mitch have VERY different definitions of 'aggressive'. :lol:

I understand why they're doing separate pressers for them. Put them together and it's like, "this is it?"

PM me your Yahoo email, as I am gonna create a league once avail. Wanted that Team Lakers pledge. lol

I already got a couple PMs.
Gonna put up a $10 giftcard for prize. Last place needs to do a PJ knuckle self face swipe.

"We'll be very aggressive this offseason" (or whatever it was Mitch specifically said)

*picks up Lin, Boozer, Swaggy, & Byron*

Clearly me & Mitch have VERY different definitions of 'aggressive'. :lol:

I understand why they're doing separate pressers for them. Put them together and it's like, "this is it?"
For real. :lol:

Bring in Malone & Payton: do a presser together, w/ Kobe.

Heat bring in Bron & Bosh: introduce them together, w/ Wade.

Lin, Booze, Swaggy, & Bryon? Yeah, separate all that mess, make it seem like a lot. :lol:

Mitch on dat 'aggressive expansion'

expansion.gif

So I guess Bravelude is going to hijack my Laker thread fantasy league?....

Okay...

Not sure what I'm supposed to do now

Last edited:

Okay...

Try manning up, realizing it ain't that serious.

I know, I know, "I was just kidding. Sheesh. I know it's not that serious. :lol: You thought I was legit upset? :lol: "

We still thinking about bringing The Glove on board? How 'bout Mad Dog?

Byron/GP/Madsen + Booze/Sacre might be the worst coaching staff + frontcourt in the L. :lol:

Last edited:
Sacre can be a better Mad Dog, but this kind of stuff cant be coached. Same thing with Boozer, he one old dog, no new tricks.

Okay...

I didnt know. But if u wanna run and create it its cool too. Wherrs the link? Count me and my frienx in.

If you wanna run it that's cool man. Like Ska sarcastically pointed out I wasn't really mad. It would actually be easier for me.

But you're gonna make it Laker thread only right?

Haha y'all acting like the coach was going to help.

We could have Jesus coaching, and most likely still miss the playoffs.

This season will mostly be an excuse for pro-tankers to argue with pro-winning fans....

No more no less, a game within a game...

But as always i'll try to enjoy the defective product we have on the floor...

If you wanna run it that's cool man. Like Ska sarcastically pointed out I wasn't really mad. It would actually be easier for me.

But you're gonna make it Laker thread only right?

I am not sure if policy allows us to create a separate thread for fantasy basketball for just the Lakers crew?

My thinking was to get 12-16 teams. I had hope for just us guys cuz it gives us fans something else to talk about while the season plays itself out.

But I am okay either way. Thanks.

edit:
yeah committed Laker guys preferred.
no need buy ins, just for fun, but I will either donate $10 to whoever runs it, or offer a small gift card to winner.

tnx

Last edited:
No, not this year. Byron's disappointing because he's probably not the answer for the future.

He probably isn't.

However, let me point out the example of Doc Rivers. I won't discredit what a coach offers, they are extremely valuable to a certain degree. Like MDA was never going to be a championship coach because I just don't think he's well rounded enough to be so in my humble opinion. Doc Rivers went from a lottery coach in Orlando to winning a championship in Boston, and I don' think it had much to do with his coaching.

Give Byron this shot with this pretty ****** roster and see what he can do. If he does well and surprises people and keeps the Lakers competitive (to the chagrin of pro-tankers) then maybe you can see him as something in the future.

If he bombs like most expect him to, he'll just be another coaching filler until the next big name comes out, I mean we went from Phil Jackson to Mike Brown to Mike D'antoni, considering our past coaches this isn't that much of a downgrade.

Given that this team's probably gonna be bad regardless, yeah, Byron has time to figure his **** out.

I just thought it would've been better to hire a fresh name who can use that time to grow instead. Vs someone who might just be filler based on his past.

Given that this team's probably gonna be bad regardless, yeah, Byron has time to figure his **** out.

I just thought it would've been better to hire a fresh name who can use that time to grow instead. Vs someone who might just be filler based on his past.

It has become painstakingly evident that what we want as fans and what management wants are completely different.

For this franchise some fans won't be happy with any coach if it's not a 2000 Phil Jackson or 80's Pat Riley. I like the move. I always been a fan of Byron Scott. Finally got something right this off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom