2014 Lexus IS Leaked Photos

Are you serious? :lol: See how much hate the IS spindle grill is getting? It doesn't get any bolder or newer than looking like a predator as your front fascia.

If you saw a debadged version of this car drive by, i would probably think it was a lexus 3rd or 4th on my list.

? ? ?

It is still the most luxurious of all the Japanese luxury carmakers out there.

And all of them looks like electric cars? Haven't seen an electric car look this aggressive and sporty. :lol:

That's just it though. It looks more like an import tuner than a luxury car.

I guess that's why more people in asia are buying the new cadilacs now. they fit the mold of luxury.

This looks like a young person's car.

Last edited:
It makes no sense what you are saying, first they look like electric cars and now they are import tuners?

And yes, Lexus is straying away from the notorious label they had of being boring and bland. Check out the non-FSport versions, it is less aggressive and looks a bit more grown up. I actually do not like most of the new Lexus' w/o the FSport kit because they look too bland, Lexus simply gave an option to those who actually want to drive their car.

I always felt Lexus was always in between of sporty and luxury when it comes to looks. The IS300 certainly looks sportier than luxury, older gen GS looks like a good mix of both. ES is and has always been the upgraded Camry and it still looks luxurious and boring to this day. LS was the one that usually competes with the S-Class and 7Series' of the car world when it comes to luxury.

And seeing a debadged IS and thinking it isn't Lexus is just conditioning, maybe you just haven't seen this car much yet because it is relatively new? :lol: I mean this IS actually has a very distinguishable shape/silhouette, it looks more blobby or fat, like it is slight inflated in the hood and hips. If you think of the other carmakers in this class, most have evolved from about 5-6 generations past so you can trace the distinction easily. The last gen IS took a huge leap in looks from the IS300 and it got even of a big makeover with this new gen.

But remove the badge and headlights and grill and taillights on the 3-Series or C-Class or an A4 and you would likely not guess what carmaker they are from either right away. When I see this IS (and there are plenty now), debadged or not, I see nothing but those headlight and giant grill and there is no mistaking it is a Lexus. I think this is Lexus' plan all along, to have that spindle grill signature look. People initially hated it in the beginning but people are growing into it for sure.

Last edited:
Vh_Supra26;8123179 said:
2015-lexus-gs-f-spy-shots_100438776_l.jpg

2015-lexus-gs-f-spy-shots_100438775_l.jpg

2015-lexus-gs-f-spy-shots_100438774_l.jpg

2015-lexus-gs-f-spy-shots_100438777_l.jpg

2015-lexus-gs-f-spy-shots_100438778_l.jpg

2015-lexus-gs-f-spy-shots_100438779_l.jpg

2015-lexus-gs-f-spy-shots_100438780_l.jpg

2015-lexus-gs-f-spy-shots_100438781_l.jpg

2015-lexus-gs-f-spy-shots_100438782_l.jpg

e: It looks like the RC F coupe we recently spied isn’t the only new F performance model Lexus has in the hopper. Today we have spy shots of a GS sedan undergoing high-speed testing on Germany’s Nürburgring and a number of its features suggest it is actually a prototype for the oft-rumored GS F.

At first it looks like an ordinary GS wearing the car’s F Sport package but peer a little closer and you’ll notice a new lip spoiler up front, unique mesh pattern wheels, uprated brakes and a stacked exhaust design Lexus reserves for its dedicated F cars. The car also looks to be sitting lower than the regular GS.

Expect the final version to feature some carbon fiber panels to help shed weight. Lexus has said the LFA’s complex carbon fiber production process would be used for other models, and where to start than with a dedicated F car.

It’s not clear yet what engine Lexus has in store for its GS F but there have been rumors of a supercharged V-8 or possibly a detuned version of the LFA’s V-10. We’re more likely to see Lexus go with a version of the 5.0-liter V-8 engine destined for the upcoming RC F, however.

This engine is an evolution of the 5.0-liter mill found in the IS F and in the GS F may be tuned to deliver as much as 465 horsepower. In the RC F we expect output to remain similar to the IS F’s 416-horsepower rating. Note, with the arrival of the GS F, Lexus may end up phasing out the IS F after the 2014 model year due to the similar technology between the two.

Look out for a market launch of the GS F late next year, which suggests it will list as a 2015 model. Pricing should fall around the $70k mark, making the car a slightly cheaper alternative to the likes of the BMW M5 and Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1042861_2015-lexus-gs-f-spy-shots

Last edited:
Really glad Lexus decided to make a GSF, more competition for the M5.

Doesnt matter, it will be underpowered, bloated and overpriced. No matching the M5 pound for pound. It looks nice though. I wish Lexus would include the LED blinkers on the new IS headlight housing, the detachment is UGLY AS ****.

Last edited:
Really glad Lexus decided to make a GSF, more competition for the M5.

Doesnt matter, it will be underpowered, bloated and overpriced. No matching the M5 pound for pound. It looks nice though.

I don't know, the FSport GS350 has given the 535 a run for it's money. Read up on the comparos, some prefer the GS FSport while other has it very close between the two. Surprised me too.

With the rumor of the GSF having a twin turbo V8 or a detuned V10 from the LFA, I could see it matching power with the M5 if not giving out more.

Last edited:
My guy works as a marketing coordinator for Toyota and the IS is the company car that he has now.

The leather on the interior is BUTTER :smh: :smokin

My guy works as a marketing coordinator for Toyota and the IS is the company car that he has now.

The leather on the interior is BUTTER :smh: :smokin

yea the interiors on lexus currently are great IMO

i think a few tweaks of this new IS will make it awesome.........there is a reason why most are buying it in black

Last edited:
One thing that I always find important in a car is its steering wheel. I cannot get down with an ugly steering wheel.

The new Lexus batch has the best looking steering wheels IMO. The shape is lovely. The new Q50 steering wheel though...disgusting. 
sick.gif
 (in a bad way)

One thing that I always find important in a car is its steering wheel. I cannot get down with an ugly steering wheel.

To me, interior plays a huge part simply because I spend most of my time inside so it has to be comfortable and actually look good everytime I step foot inside.

The sickest color they make.....I don't even think it's sold in the US market for some reason. "Atomic Silver"

I can't lie, I loathed this car when it came out, but the IS350 has grown on me a lot. I agree with Al Audi, this car in black is :x :pimp: Still can't mess with the giant F grill though.

Could be since the headlight resembles a GS than the IS but I don't think the GS headlight isn't exactly as angled as the teaser pic and the placement of the orange reflector is also different. Headlight cluster looks very similar to the RC so I wouldn't be surprised if that is it too. The very left of the pic also looks like it might have that swoosh led on the bottom too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom