2014 Mercedes Benz CLA (New Entry-Level Benz) - AMG Shooting Brake not US-bound

Not going to lie. That car is pure fire.

CLA250 looks better than the 3 series to me.

It is. 98% of Mustang's I see are female unless it's a Shelby/GT.
exactly.

franco's 98% accounts for more than 98% of mustangs sold, so it must be true.

i trust him. and yall should too.

listen to me. i'm a doctor.

Last edited:
They'll still get you on higher maintenance costs when compared to non-luxury.

Thing is, most people seem to lease audis/mb/bmw's, every single person I've met that drove a C or a 3 had it on a lease, which makes sense because the accord and camry are FWD cars with typically lower quality interior and less power, the entry level luxury cars look a bit sharper, smoother ride + power (RWD).

All this makes a big difference because consumers are very aware of these things, plus the status of the vehicle, which matters to some, doesn't to others.

bottom line - if you can afford to lease/buy a C or a 3-series than many people go with that option. Accords and Camrys are great cars, I own a 90's Camry w/ 204k and it's a tank, reliable, dirt cheap to maintain etc, fits my needs in a vehicle, but FWD etc. really blows, I feel much more comfortable when I'm riding in a 3 series/C.

Last edited:
There's this white one that's always at the mall that I work at. It looks pretty good in person, especially since it has tints.

FWIW a fully loaded Accord V6 probably has comparable interior and has more HP than the CLA

CLA isn't the same class as the C/3 series. It's a notch below and cheaper. I agree about getting a c350 or 335i if one can afford it but not so sure about the CLA

Pics not working but damn, sorry to hear that. I'd be pissed as hell if that happened to me, instant drop on the resale of the car.

Same happened to me 3 weeks in- it looks like its just the bumper? I would take it back to the dealer and use whoever they use - make sure you get a new oem bumper factory painted if possible- her insurance is paying not yours

No point im going to a lil round the way shop and chancing them doing a bad job on a brand new car

Shouldn't effect resale if its repaired right- wont even be reported if its under a certain amount in most states I think

FWIW a fully loaded Accord V6 probably has comparable interior and has more HP than the CLA

CLA isn't the same class as the C/3 series. It's a notch below and cheaper. I agree about getting a c350 or 335i if one can afford it but not so sure about the CLA

yeah the base CLA is rather weak @ only 208hp and the AMG model is $50k, plus the CLA is a good looking car, but it looks too much like a first gen 4 door scion TC :lol:

still a good move by MB to try and catch more consumers who are in the ~25k range looking at civics and optimas

also I think it does compete with the 3, not the 328i but the 320i which is a $33k. but no one buys the 320 :lol:

Last edited:
Pics not working but damn, sorry to hear that. I'd be pissed as hell if that happened to me, instant drop on the resale of the car.

Same happened to me 3 weeks in- it looks like its just the bumper? I would take it back to the dealer and use whoever they use - make sure you get a new oem bumper factory painted if possible- her insurance is paying not yours

No point im going to a lil round the way shop and chancing them doing a bad job on a brand new car

Shouldn't effect resale if its repaired right- wont even be reported if its under a certain amount in most states I think

Seeing the pics now, I don't think it'll affect resale much, I thought it would have frame damage. If it's just body then not much of a big deal other than the hassle of not enjoying your new car for a few days to a week.

Small but the styling is aggressive, looks good to me. Just can't do anything small coming from a big sedan.

thats sick
nthat.gif

Longer than a C-Class actually but with the sloping roofline, it is tighter in the back.

This car would look sick in matte though, the overall shape is just asking for it.

Last edited:
Might as well get an Accord or Camry and be smart.

Not my bag but how is this not a smart purchase? i'm certain the parts won't cost as much as a flagship, and did ya'll miss the 38 mpg highway?

Not my bag but how is this not a smart purchase? i'm certain the parts won't cost as much as a flagship, and did ya'll miss the 38 mpg highway?[/quote]

Huh? They didn't make special (cheaper) parts for this. I'm sure it shares some of the same (expensive) parts used in other lines.

Did someone really say a Mustang is a female car lol

IMO, Mustangs are female cars. I would say that the introduction of the 4th generation in 94 brought more women to buy.

A fully loaded Accord has more options than the 30k CLA. Especially with all the new tech honda has put into the Accord. Not too mention that you can get a 200k mile/8 yr extended warranty for a about $1200 or less from Honda.

The CLA is nice dont get me wrong but imo you are paying for the name.

So it goes like this...

Base CLA250
$30825 CLA250 Sedan
4-Door Front Wheel Drive Car, 208 bhp, 258 lb-ft, 7-sp Automatic,
3275 lb, 2-liter, 4-cylinder engine, 15.7 lb/bhp

Let's throw in a "few" options just to make it comparable to a 30K Accord, that would be a EXL V6 non-nav (MSRP)

Premium Package: $2200
Digital Dual Zone Climate Control, Garage Door Opener, Digital Compass Display, Heated Seats, iPod/MP3 Media Interface, SIRIUSXM Satellite Radio, Auto Dimming Mirrors, harman/kardon Sound System

Interior Package: $1500
Leather Upholstery, Driver Door IR Remote Open/Close Window Function, ARTICO Leather Dashboard, matching leather color on door trim and top-stitching

Driver Assistant Package: $2500
DISTRONIC PLUS, Blind Spot Assist, Lane Keeping Assist

Rear side Airbag: $420

TOTAL: $37445

And it's a boosted 2.0 i4 VS the V6 on the Accord

You're buying up to a completely different class of car. There's no comparison. However, life is short. If it makes you happy, go for it. YOLO

Saw the car in person today at the parking lot. The front looks nice, but up close standing next to it the CLA looks dainty and fragile. It almost looks like a clown car because of how small it is.

Back
Top Bottom