2014 NBA Draft Thread

Let me tell you this is why the historical vertical numbers are so funny, it's clear these guys have been traning specifically for these tests in a way guys in the past didn't.

Monta Ellis didn't crack 32', Andre Iguadala was 34' if I remember correctly. Jumping 40 use to be a rare thing, now the training and preparation is so much better guys do it way mor often.

Nik's a good athlete always has been but Michigan strength coaches deserve the credit for that 40. :lol:

Last edited:
All these fake reports are coming out. You'll hear a report about X team doing Y trade, then the GM comes out and denies it, and then some espn guy says his cousins friends agent says its true...I'm trying to tune out all of these reports for the next week.

Let me tell you this is why the historical vertical numbers are so funny, it's clear these guys have been traning specifically for these tests in a way guys in the past didn't.

Monta Ellis didn't crack 32', Andre Iguadala was 34' if I remember correctly. Jumping 40 use to be a rare thing, now the training and preparation is so much better guys do it way mor often.

Nik's a good athlete always has been but Michigan strength coaches deserve the credit for that 40. :lol:

Like I said earlier in this thread, my boy OJ pushed a 41 coming into the draft :lol: That told me all that I needed to know about the significance of verts.

I have a strong feeling Dante Exum will be a Sixer and MCW will be on another team come next Thursday.

If this happens look for Patty Mills also to join his Australian national team coach and teammate in Philly this summer.

Last edited:
This "Jabari to Utah" thing is getting really tiresome.

I get it, but meh.

Last edited:
I have a strong feeling Dante Exum will be a Sixer and MCW will be on another team come next Thursday.

If this happens look for Patty Mills also to join his Australian national team coach and teammate in Philly this summer.

Im sorry but if philly gives up on mcw for exum i might have to switch squads. Idc what anybody says, this dude is a future star man

I cant eem embed but click that link

Last edited:
True but even at FIBA, kid was beating Payton who's a great defender/athlete easily off the dribble and while double teamed.

He played with a bunch of bums, was the focal point of every defense he faced and still flourished on all the elite worldwide talent at his age range, not even bringing up his measurements which are outstanding.

Also was giving dudes work at the Hoop Summit with Wiggins, so fun to watch, make it happen Philly.

Last edited:
There's so little tape to see.
laugh.gif
That's the most scary thing about him as a prospect to me. 
laugh.gif
 Enes Kanter effect. Do like what I've seen, though. Just seen so much more of most of the other kids. 

That's the most scary thing about him as a prospect to me. :lol:  Enes Kanter effect. Do like what I've seen, though. Just seen so much more of most of the other kids. 

I had high hopes for Kanter coming into this season. He has NBA tools. But.... It might be too late.

? Isn't Jabari a horrible defender

Dude must haven't watched a lick of his tape. :lol:

Son comparing him to elite athletes who came in with better defensive IQ's than Bari.

They ain't touching him on the other side of the ball though, his offensive repertoire is immaculate.

Last edited:
That's the most scary thing about him as a prospect to me. :lol:  Enes Kanter effect. Do like what I've seen, though. Just seen so much more of most of the other kids. 

I had high hopes for Kanter coming into this season. He has NBA tools. But.... It might be too late.
I pegged him for Most Improved before the season. :lol:

If only he could play defense.

Nick Johnson and Lavine, two amazing athletes. I think Johnson will contribute right away.
Not that we need another guard but I wouldn't mind him on the Wizards with their 2nd round pick. Need somebody not named Andre Miller or Garrett Temple to come off the bench for Wall/Beal.

Welp looks like philly really wants to trade mcw.

That rumor if mcw + young to lakers for that 7 pick + nash is kinda...eh

IF that happens, id go

Exum at 3
Emiid/vonleh at 7
Lavine/harris/staus at 10

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom