2014 NBA Draft Thread

Aaron gordon imo is the most high risk/most potenial player in the entire draft. His potential is only 2nd to wiggins IMHO. I would like him at 3 IF parker and wiggins are gone after the first 2.

I like dougie at 10...zach lavine also but only if dougie is gone by then.

Smart to the lakers is a no brainer if hes there also

Last edited:
It's not just that...I think the league has been doing all that it could to help Cleveland recover after Lebron destroyed the city 4 years ago. That's the main reason why I think Kyrie was treated (for the most part) w/ kid gloves. The draft sham that's been going on is just another reason.

You better than this. Haven't seen you post some nonsense like this sense the greatest blocking RB ever.

I don't see where the risk is with Gordon.

At worst he just never develops a jumper, all other parts of his game translate.

He's not Blake like everybody wants him to be but he still a Swiss Army knife of a player who will be able to guard both forward spots and non elite 2 guards.

At worst he just never develops a jumper, all other parts of his game translate.

He's not Blake like everybody wants him to be but he still a Swiss Army knife of a player who will be able to guard both forward spots and non elite 2 guards.
Risk is that he turns out to be an athletic tweener who busts like mad other athletic tweeners.

Gordon measured out very similar to alot of current 4's...including Blake. He's not as much of tweener as people figured he'd be. Defensively...I think he'll be able to guard both 3s and 4s.

How does Gordon have the 2nd highest potential in the draft? Serious question.

I love his all around game man. I see his ceiling being higher than anyone in this draft outside of wiggins. His IQ is very high for someone that young. He just has that "it".

But its tough to say who has the most potential honestly. I think its Wiggins and then guys like Vonleh, gordon, exum, emblid, etc.

I love vonleh also

Embiid definitely has the most potential. That skill set with that fluidity at that size is extremely rare these days. 

He's a gym rat so I have no doubt he'll fulfill that potential unless his back won't let him.

Embiid definitely has the most potential. That skill set with that fluidity at that size is extremely rare these days. 

He's a gym rat so I have no doubt he'll fulfill that potential unless his back won't let him.

He's drawing comparisons to Olajuwon.

I could be wrong, but I don't see it with Gordon, considering he's going to be a top 10 pick in all likelihood. I just don't see his offensive game ever coming around, relative to his draft position. I could see him becoming a solid stretch 4, pick and pop kind of guy. He has good technique on the jumper, and with more Reps due to the NBA process, he'll naturally get more consistent with his jumper.

I do love what he can bring on the defensive end though. He'll be an excellent Pick and Roll defender off the rip, and could probably switch those and guard 2 through some 4 straight up. I fear that he won't be able to guard the post effectively though. At the end of the day, I just think his defense is way farther than his offense, and I don't see the two catching each other.

Last edited:
Which reminds me...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif