2014 NBA Draft Thread

Pretty sure Noel held down the #1 spot for most of last year (Shabazz started #1 I think?). Don't think I ever saw Smart at #1, especially when the Cavs got it.

Last edited:
Don't get too excited about Marcus being a projected top pick. You could say the same thing about Perry Jones and Jared Sullinger before they came back for their sophomore years.

I'm not incorrect. I don't care what you've just looked at to find that #2. He was projected #1. I don't know how he was even on any draft boards because he announced his return right after they lost in the tournament. In March sometime, so any draft board after that didn't have him at anything much less #2.
I didn't read this online or speculate because I'm a homer. Sun-Sat sports talk is on in my truck, and unfortunately I spent over 200hours in said truck last year EVERY WEEK and whoever was on the radio local or national syndicates had Smart @1 before his decision to return to college.
I'm right, not saying your wrong but, I'm right so let that leave you where you may be
No man, Smart announced his return in mid-April, not March. So, outside of sports talk on the radio, who exactly had Smart going #1. You're being stubborn and reaching like crazy

I'm not incorrect. I don't care what you've just looked at to find that #2. He was projected #1. I don't know how he was even on any draft boards because he announced his return right after they lost in the tournament. In March sometime, so any draft board after that didn't have him at anything much less #2.
I didn't read this online or speculate because I'm a homer. Sun-Sat sports talk is on in my truck, and unfortunately I spent over 200hours in said truck last year EVERY WEEK and whoever was on the radio local or national syndicates had Smart @1 before his decision to return to college.
I'm right, not saying your wrong but, I'm right so let that leave you where you may be
this man is too determined to not be wrong.  'projected' 1st, 2nd, 4th, 8th, 20th--who cares?  

smarrt is a real solid player and athlete, but arguing where so-called anaylst had him projected is comical and beyond dumb.

Smart is definitely a solid player. He's a little Westbrookish though with his feelings.
Definitely curious who snags him, and Vonleh.
I've plans on following these two careers no matter where they land

Maybe not giving up on drills/going all out in drills? idk
laugh.gif

They're trying to exhaust during those drills to see how you respond. Remember that Laker video where Marcus Smart looked like he gave no damns during the shooting drills. That's probably stuff they watch for.

C CP1708 ,I think you are giving this current Lakers regime wayyyyy to much credit man. As fans, WE think it is logical to avoid Klay Thompson, or the MCW bull **** deal but there is no guarantee our stupid *** front office is thinking that.

Lately, we have been making a lot of stupid *** moves, you know this better than anyone. Also, whenever Jim, Jeanie, or Mitch speak they talk about building a contender and competing right away. I definitely think they would do a deal such as the Klay Thompson one or something similar to put a somewhat winning product out on the court. Do I agree with that? Hell ******* no, but with all the decisions this group has been making these past few years I definitely am not putting it past them.

That's a good point I should have mentioned.

Yes, they clearly could be drunk at the wheel, I'm just hoping that somebody in the building would be smart enough to slap the others. :lol:

As I said yesterday, if Mitch starts accepting Buc em trades, its time for him to be put down.

I want Exum or trade the pick MCW. We got K. Marshall, Farmar, or Nash. That ain't even making opposing PGs work hard.

If you're sticking with Da'ntoni, might as well give him a good PG. He hasn't had one since Nash, and he had Lin and Raymond Felton playing like borderline all stars.

I wouldn't mind the Kings taking the 7th pick tbh.

S+T Isaiah Thomas+Thompson for the 7th+Nash 

Young Zeke is a Lakers fan after all 
ohwell.gif

Do it Pete
nerd.gif

Last edited:
I listened to Jalen's + Bill's podcast and I may be one of the few that agree with Jalen when he said the Cavs should take a risk and draft Embiid.

I know, I know, the injury situation is beyond scary but he is the best prospect and gives them exactly what they need, once he comes back from a long recovery

But with management and fan panic, the pressing desire that Gilbert wants to make the playoffs and the reach of last year's #1 pick in Bennett, they won't take Embiid.

I also want to see Wiggins in Philly (not a philly fan, but I want him in a philly jerset), that's probaby the biggest reason why I say all of this hahaha

I want the Spurs to draft Thanasis Antetokounmpo. We definitely aren't going after a big anymore, and if he can be anything close to Giannis is showing potential wide. Plus he's foreign, add another flag to the roster!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom