2014 NBA Draft Thread

The Diaw / Kyle comparison is albeit convenient, a lazy comparison.

Kyle isn't nearly the athlete that Diaw is / was and that's saying something. He also isn't in the same class from a defender standpoint. Furthermore, he isn't the individual shot creator / knockdown shooter that boris is. When you dig deep into the comparison, you see just how lazy the comparison really is.

Diaw is just such a unique player man that to me it's really hard to compare anyone to Boris really. And, if your NBA comparison is present day Boris Diaw (Because Atlanta Hawks / PHX Diaw wouldn't make much sense) idk if that's necessarily a good thing. He's far too unique of an athlete and player to suggest that anyone is like him / has his likeliness.

I don't really think it's that lazy unless you didn't watch much of Kyle this year.

He got a majority of his points in ISO situations. Scored a ton on pull ups and fadeaways. His jumper this year was really good. Like so good that most people are just assuming it's a fluke or too small of a sample size. So when you're talking shot creating and shooting, I think you can definitely compare them. Throw in the passing, high BBIQ, skills for a BIG. I like the comparison a lot. I could see the Spurs trying to use him in similar situations if Kyle can bulk up a bit.

I've seen Slow-Mo play in person. Diaw is much quicker and athletic. You can't teach those two things, so they're not totally comparable. Kyle has lots of intangible.

Stating one player has the potential to be better than another player, in my eyes doesnt do a disservice to the player that's inferior. Was a huge Wally fan when he was playing, I was a Twolves fan because of KG and my state had no NBA team.

I'm very aware how good Wally was, Wally's game wasn't the same as this kids though.

That's the first thing I thought when the panel compared him to Wally before he even compared himself. He said it more of a role model comparison, the panel compared their games, And I think thats a bad comparison

Man **** Lebron and his I need more help BS if any of this goes through. Dude ruined the NBA with this super team crap.
Duncan signs for less to play with his superstar friends  -- "team-player", "winner", "smart", "
indifferent.gif
"

LeBron signs for less to play with his superstar friends -- "BS", "ruined the NBA", "super-team crap"

Kobe signs for more than hes worth and cripples his team -- "competitor", "fearless", "feedin his family", "MAMBAH"

I expected Patric Young to get drafted.
IMO Philly really wants to suck next year drafting a player who wont play the whole season and a player who wont come in at least 2 years. :smh:
I hope McDermott turns into a good player. But he could be Adam Morrison 2.0.
T.J. Warren could end up being a steal at 14 for Phoenix.

Last edited:
D
Duncan signs for less to play with his superstar friends  -- "team-player", "winner", "smart", ":stoneface: "

LeBron signs for less to play with his superstar friends -- "BS", "ruined the NBA", "super-team crap"

Kobe signs for more than hes worth and cripples his team -- "competitor", "fearless", "feedin his family", "MAMBAH"
Dude what are you talking about, I agree with your first two examples but Kobe gets killed for taking all that money.

The Diaw / Kyle comparison is albeit convenient, a lazy comparison.

Kyle isn't nearly the athlete that Diaw is / was and that's saying something. He also isn't in the same class from a defender standpoint. Furthermore, he isn't the individual shot creator / knockdown shooter that boris is. When you dig deep into the comparison, you see just how lazy the comparison really is.

Diaw is just such a unique player man that to me it's really hard to compare anyone to Boris really. And, if your NBA comparison is present day Boris Diaw (Because Atlanta Hawks / PHX Diaw wouldn't make much sense) idk if that's necessarily a good thing. He's far too unique of an athlete and player to suggest that anyone is like him / has his likeliness.

you're getting hung up on a comparison instead of looking at the role Kyle Anderson is inheriting. IDK how you get that I'm making a comparison of the two instead of talking about the role Kyle is inheriting in SA.

Obviously if I'm speaking about Kyle being the point forward for the Spurs right now I'm not talking about Diaw when he first came into a league. Obviously Diaw was a better athlete.

But as far as what he does, right now, for the Spurs he can pass and create mismatches with his skill set in similar ways that Diaw can. Obviously he isn't the same post player but he has his own merits in other places. Overall he can take the point forward role and flourish with it in San Antonio.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom