2014 NBA Draft Thread

DRAFT GRADES

LocalSPORTS DJ stated

"Grading a draft is like taking 30 couples that had babies on the same day and trying to say who has the best baby"

Last edited:
DRAFT GRADES

LocalSPORTS DJ stated

"Grading a draft is like taking 30 couples that had babies on the same day and trying to say who has the best baby"
right obviously it takes years to accurately judge a draft

i just wanted to read the article for entertainment purposes

You get nerlens Noel and joel embiid 100% heathly and on the floor together how do they work together on offense ?

Joel keeps developing the J, you use Noel in more screen action, keep him ready for rim runs and out of the paint. Give Embiid 75-25 post up opportunities over Nerlens.

It can work, faith and creativity is paramount.

I'm just now realizing how stupid athletically and defensively the Sixers will be, they also got McDaniels and Jerami Grant.

MCW need to perfect his lob game early and be ready to run. It's going to be a train wreck in the half court for a while but I'm excited for that team.

They still need shooting desperately, should try to grab Ariza in FA.

Last edited:
DRAFT GRADES

LocalSPORTS DJ stated

right obviously it takes years to accurately judge a draft

i just wanted to read the article for entertainment purposes

I'm pretty sure it out. I heard this on the way home about 2 hours ago so they must have been commenting on the report

And to the guys that were talking with me about Smart as a #1 draft pick last year, they were talking about that as well.

Dean Blevins and Barry Trammel said he was #1 on Fords list at one point but when it was evident they weren't taking him the predictions reflected that. Were saying his predictions reflect where he thinks teams will take players based on needs and draft position.
Bill Simmons also mentioned Smart as the overall choice last year after he got drafted this year.
He actually corrected Rose on air last night when Rose said he was a top3 last year and said "no he was the top overall"

Just thought I'd share that

Last edited:
You get nerlens Noel and joel embiid 100% heathly and on the floor together how do they work together on offense ?

Joel keeps developing the J, you use Noel in more screen action, keep him ready for rim runs and out of the paint. Give Embiid 75-25 post up opportunities over Nerlens.

It can work, faith and creativity is paramount.

I'm just now realizing how stupid athletically and defensively the Sixers will be, they also got McDaniels and Jerami Grant.

MCW need to perfect his lob game early and be ready to run. It's going to be a train wreck in the half court for a while but I'm excited for that team.

They still need shooting desperately, should try to grab Ariza in FA.

Noooo ariza gonna want to much $$. Im good

We cant shoot for **** tho :rofl:

Last edited:
And to the guys that were talking with me about Smart as a #1 draft pick last year, they were talking about that as well.

Dean Blevins and Barry Trammel said he was #1 on Fords list at one point but when it was evident they weren't taking him the predictions reflected that. Were saying his predictions reflect where he thinks teams will take players based on needs and draft position.
Bill Simmons also mentioned Smart as the overall choice last year after he got drafted this year.
He actually corrected Rose on air last night when Rose said he was a top3 last year and said "no he was the top overall"

Its a matter of degrees you described Marcus Smart as the consensus #1 pick. He wasn't.

Ford had him 1 on his big board (which reflects his personal opinion) but had Nerlens 1 on his mock drafts (which reflects the league's opinion). Most (DX and Chad) mock drafts had him going 2 to the Magic. The analytics had him as the top player. but Nerlens was the top player coming out of highschool, Smart was in the 5-8 range.

Point there was significant debate about who was the top pick. Some had Marcus, some had Nerlens, some had Oladipo. ect ect.

There was no undisputed consensus 1 pick, that's why everyone was calling it bad draft before the college season started.

Also worried about Bari in Milwaukee, just way too close to that Chicago deep dish, plus he going to be hanging with OJ? Expect them both to come into training camp around 270.

Its a matter of degrees you described Marcus Smart as the consensus #1 pick. He wasn't.

Ford had him 1 on his big board (which reflects his personal opinion) but had Nerlens 1 on his mock drafts (which reflects the league's opinion). Most (DX and Chad) mock drafts had him going 2 to the Magic. The analytics had him as the top player. but Nerlens was the top player coming out of highschool, Smart was in the 5-8 range.

Point there was significant debate about who was the top pick. Some had Marcus, some had Nerlens, some had Oladipo. ect ect.

There was no undisputed consensus 1 pick, that's why everyone was calling it bad draft before the college season started.

Well maybe it was the context I put it in or the way it was understood but...
Kinda like me or you or anyone this year saying Wiggins was the consensus or Jabari was the consensus #1. Or Embiid even. They all were.

And at this time next year if I was to say Jabari Parker was a #1 prospect overall and dudes would say nah it was always Wiggins or Embiid, I'd be like nah, that's not true

wiggins-jersey-shoot-140627-10.jpg

Not sure if posted
Playoff 8s :pimp:
Wiggins really need to with the S&C program

Back
Top Bottom