2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

Tanaka is dealing today. So far, blowing pass the $189M threshold for him was worth it for the Yankees.

I wonder what fan on twitter or reporter is gonna troll Adam Jones and ask him if he saw the highlights of Tanaka's performance. 

Last edited:
Great performance by Tanaka today. Was nice to watch it at work. hahah

Beltran is that dude and will be putting up numbers at the stadium. :smokin

I agree with you guys that Kay is horrible but I would like to add Sterling to that list. I cant stand his nicknames for the HR's. And he rarely gives the score. Quite annoying while you are driving and want to know whats up. Dude sometimes cuts to commercial without telling the score. Oh and also I dont like him because while the gf and I were waiting to get seated at the Riverview diner in Edgewater because it was packed, who do I see in the back taking up a whole booth for himself so he can read the Times with the separate sections spread out on the table? Mr. Sterling. He's a regular there apparently. This happened in November btw lol.

Pineda looks like a tool with his fitted like that.

I know CC does it but he doesn't go crazy to the side like that.

Finally getting to sit down and watch a game... Been crazy busy with the end of UConn's run and Grad School, hope to start posting in here more.

Tanaka looks like the goods :pimp:

Dat catch by Soriano :wow: . Had the whole stadium fooled :lol: .

Pineda is dealing.

Last edited:
Sunday is going to be a tough game for Tanaka.. 4 days rest could be brutal.

I think it may be a game that we should give Phelps the start. Have him go 3 IP (unless he feels fine to go more and isn't struggling). Then Warren 3 IP. Then let the bullpen go from there.

Would let Tanaka pitch in Boston on 6 games rest.
Pineda would get 7 days rest
C.C. 7 days rest
Kuroda 7 days rest.

I agree with you guys that Kay is horrible but I would like to add Sterling to that list. I cant stand his nicknames for the HR's. And he rarely gives the score. Quite annoying while you are driving and want to know whats up. Dude sometimes cuts to commercial without telling the score. Oh and also I dont like him because while the gf and I were waiting to get seated at the Riverview diner in Edgewater because it was packed, who do I see in the back taking up a whole booth for himself so he can read the Times with the separate sections spread out on the table? Mr. Sterling. He's a regular there apparently. This happened in November btw lol.

I actually agree with this.. Although The Yankees win chant holds a special place in my heart.

I never listen to the game on the radio, but did when we played the O's and Nova got rocked. It just was really bad. Lot of awkward silence, and just wasn't helping me feel the game.

I know it's still extremely early but dare I say we finally have the makings of a real rotation again.I could almost shed a tear.

I know it's still extremely early but dare I say we finally have the makings of a real rotation again.I could almost shed a tear.

Three times through the rotation.

94.1 IP (About 6.1 inning average start.)
9 of 15 starts were Quality Starts (6 or more IP, 3 or less runs).
3.81 ERA.
40 Earned Runs
90 Hits.
17 walks.
86 Ks
1.13 WHIP
8.205 K/9
5.058 K/BB

I think it's good but not great

CC is still up and down

Kuroda is money but I'm worried he'll run out of gas like last year

Pineda has looked good

Tanaka has looked great. Just had those 3-4 bad pitches that were crushed.

Nova has been up and down but can be good.

Back
Top Bottom