2014 New York Yankees season thread Vol. (84-78) .. Essential's Offseason thread coming soon

Drew wasn't out of the baseline. That was a ridiculous call.

Chase's glove has been great but his bat has been disappointing.

Drew wasn't out of the baseline. That was a ridiculous call.

Chase's glove has been great but his bat has been disappointing.

His bat is what it is at this point

He's hit .250 here, round abouts what he is now. Probably maybe .265-.270 is where he should be.

He will strike out once a game that's always been the case with him. And he'd probably hit mid-to high teens in Homeruns this year had we had him since April (just me projecting outward)

They're only 3.5 back of the second WC...only problem is there are gonna be four teams fighting for that, maybe five if you include Cleveland. They need a big series in Tampa this weekend. McCarthy, Greene and Kuroda need to come through.

Can we realistically part ways with A-Rod?

I want no part of him anymore. Neither does the fan base. Hell, I'm sure Girardi and co don't either.

They could probably try to reach some kind of buyout but A-Rod isn't going to take any less than what's owed.

Whatever happened to Hank Steinbrenner? 

Last edited:
I wonder what the cost of Tulo would be now. Yeah the injures make me want him so much less. But I'm curious if the asking rate is diminishing.

They've said for years Alex has been very close with the majority of the Yankees roster.

I expect we win 0 or 1 game against TB this weekend....

I wonder what the cost of Tulo would be now. Yeah the injures make me want him so much less. But I'm curious if the asking rate is diminishing.
Seems they r keeping drew..but who knows

They really could do anything and I wouldn't be surprised.

I bet they make a call for Tulo in the offseason. They kind of have to just because it's not like a good SS is retiring, it's Jeter, they'll feel the pressure to fill those shoes.

If Tulo is too much, I could see them go one of two routes.
1. Overpay for Hanley
2. Drew

I honestly would rather them go with Headley - Drew - Prado from 3B-SS- 2B. A-Rod (if Hal is bringing him back) DH. Beltran RF.

I know Beltran can't really play the field, but not much of a choice. If we're bringing A-Rod back, and the cost is Headley, we are poorly run. I did some game breakdowns earlier on how it could work.

Between Headley, Drew, Prado, Teix, McCann, Gardner, Ellsbury, Ryan on the bench. We have a lot of good to great fielders on the team, and our #9 hitter is likely Prado or Drew which is :pimp:

Last edited:
McCarthy has been solid so far besides a few bad plays by us in the 1st.

Our offense looks as expected.

waste a helluva outing by greene :smh:

kid pitched great. we need this one man, i just ate a calzone, hate to throw all this up ....

Yeah Prado..

Lol @ Robertson not pitching in 11 days

Last edited:
I was stunned we got a run in the 9th. Thought the game was definitely over once they tied it.

Back
Top Bottom