2014 NFL Draft Thread

Russell Wilson - Beast in college, falls to the third round.
Tom Savage - Average as **** in college, invited to the green room.

I don't get it. Oh, yeah, he's tall and has QB traits.

F outta here.

Word. At some point we gotta ditch the measurables and draft guys who can just play.

Half these coaches are self proclaimed offensive gurus right? Make it work.

Exactly. We all love the Tom Brady and Kurt Warner stories, but these dudes gotta stop with this stuff.

Look at the recent SB winning QBs... how many of them were simply average in college and/or didn't have great game film?

Big Ben went undefeated his final year in college and tore **** up. Flacco was accurate as **** at Delaware and threw for like 4,500 yards on that squad, Peyton, Eli, Drew, Russ, and Aaron... 'nuff said. Studs. Thomas is like the one outlier over the last decade. The game has evolved.

I know that more goes into winning a Super Bowl and all that crap, but that list of winners is kind of telling. It doesn't always translate (*looks at USC QBs*) but still.

Getting invited to the green room doesn't automatically mean he'll go in the first, I don't think Mark Herzlich even got drafted, but I agree the Brady and Montana comparisons are off

Getting invited to the green room doesn't automatically mean he'll go in the first, I don't think Mark Herzlich even got drafted, but I agree the Brady and Montana comparisons are off

I know, but for a guy who was ranked like #290 after the combine to all of a sudden be invited to the green room? Possibly a first round pick?

Either NFL scouts have gone crazy or I'll look like an idiot in a year. :lol:

F outta here.

Word. At some point we gotta ditch the measurables and draft guys who can just play.

Exactly. We all love the Tom Brady and Kurt Warner stories, but these dudes gotta stop with this stuff.

Look at the recent SB winning QBs... how many of them were simply average in college and/or didn't have great game film?

Big Ben went undefeated his final year in college and tore **** up. Flacco was accurate as **** at Delaware and threw for like 4,500 yards on that squad, Peyton, Eli, Drew, Russ, and Aaron... 'nuff said. Studs. Thomas is like the one outlier over the last decade. The game has evolved.

I know that more goes into winning a Super Bowl and all that crap, but that list of winners is kind of telling. It doesn't always translate (*looks at USC QBs*) but still.

Hell even Thomas played solid when he got his chance they just loved Henson's "measurable" which is extremely ironic in retrospect.

Listening to CFB24/7 podcast on the train and their assessment of Carr sounds like every other bust. "He has all the physical tools, great arm, good size, good athlete. The one thing he has to work on is that his footwork often falls apart when he's under pressure and he loses he loses his composure when there are bodies around him."

Of course this guy is rising on draft boards though.

they always feel those things can be fixed, can't teach size and speed. I guess only time will tell.

F outta here.

So then, Tim Tebow, Ken Dorsey, and Joey Harrington will be solid NFL players based of what they did in college, yes?

Works both directions my friend. Bottom line, **** happens. Give Harrington to Bill Walsh, maybe he molds something. Give Harrington to Detroit, and yeah.

So then, Tim Tebow, Ken Dorsey, and Joey Harrington will be solid NFL players based of what they did in college, yes?

Works both directions my friend. Bottom line, **** happens. Give Harrington to Bill Walsh, maybe he molds something. Give Harrington to Detroit, and yeah.

Agree 100%

Troy Smith, Jason White, Crouch, Weinke

Hell Jason White should be in his way to the Hall right now

Did you read my last sentence? I said that. :lol:

But you can't look at the list of recent SB winning QBs and say they were average in college.

Last edited:
When it comes to the NBA I hate the "he's a winner" argument and absolutely believe in potential and physical skills.

But when it comes to QBs those things seem to get wildly overrated every year around this time.

How much you wanna bet it's Schiano pimping Savage out to Belichek. Bill probably saw he played for Rutgers and couldn't control himself.

830316128.gif

Back
Top Bottom