2014 NFL Draft Thread

I don't like Schotty as an OC either.

I'm not down on Bradford as much as most, but his time has expired in STL.

The weapons are there in the receiving core to run rampant on the turf.

Pead has been such a disappointment in STL. Seems like the staff soured on him now.

No getting out of Fisher's doghouse as proven by S-Jax. That early suspension hurt Pead.

Stacy is the long-term starter IMO. Big test against Houston.

Atlanta about to start tanking now that Julio is done for the year.

Clowney/Barr become very real possibilities for them unless Roddy and Jax come back strong.

^ excellent.. eagles need more teams that are committed to QBs to start sucking..

and hopefully the browns can keep winning

Is it me, or that scout/writer mention Jets possibly looking QB?

Oh.

See Mike? My point wasn't they are a lock, just that they COULD go QB if they felt a better prospect was on the board. And this guy ain't the only one sayin it.

Exactly like you listing Tampa Bay even tho they themselves have a rookie QB already.

So please, tweet me after every Geno touchdown, its relevant.

it would completely ruin rex ryan and the front office's credibility in my opinion

after teddy bridgewater is there anyone THAT much better than geno

Last edited:
#8 needs to never be worn here again. I'd prefer 7. Vick, Bathroom Ben, Favre. Nothing is ever wrong with #7.

it would completely ruin rex ryan and the front office's credibility in my opinion

after teddy bridgewater is there anyone THAT much better than geno

I think mariota and hundley are better pro prospects..

I would take a couple more guys over him depending on where they fell, but I wasn't (and I'm still not) high on geno

I was iffy on ej just because he didn't show much at fsu.. But his senior bowl showed glimpses of what he could be.. So I was cool with taking him int he 2nd, but not where the bills did.. But that looks like it has worked out for them

Derek Carr looking like a late first or 2nd? i feel like that might be someone the bears will look at in the second.

derek carr's footwork when the pressure comes is brutal

opens his hips too early so you see the ball float alot

i highly doubt he does much in the NFL

and whilst we're talking quarterback tajh boyd reeks of system quarteback

Last edited:

I think both have better throwing mechanics and stronger arms.. Mariota is probably the fastest of the 3, with geno and hundley being about the same speed wise

But I still like both better as runners.. They're all 6'3-4 and 210-220, so size is a moot point

also think mariota and hundley have higher ceilings

Last edited:
assuming chip knows whatever is going on behind the scenes with this dude and thinks he can handle it and he's worth the risk..

i'd happily take lyerla late in the draft, assuming he falls:

techinically casey is our FB/H-back..

but really he would be replacing emil igwenagu on the team

I think both have better throwing mechanics and stronger arms.. Mariota is probably the fastest of the 3, with geno and hundley being about the same speed wise

But I still like both better as runners.. They're all 6'3-4 and 210-220, so size is a moot point

also think mariota and hundley have higher ceilings

Ahhhh, I thought you were talking about Teddy Ballgame.

^ nah.. was talking about geno..

and when i saw him still on the board when we (eagles) were going pick in the 2nd i was scared as hell that we were going take him.. just because i thought he had a strong chance to be a bust

Is it me, or that scout/writer mention Jets possibly looking QB?

Oh.

See Mike? My point wasn't they are a lock, just that they COULD go QB if they felt a better prospect was on the board. And this guy ain't the only one sayin it.

Exactly like you listing Tampa Bay even tho they themselves have a rookie QB already.

So please, tweet me after every Geno touchdown, its relevant.

There isn't going to be a better prospect in the range the Jets are going to be picking. Even if we end up a 6 win team, none of those guys on the board stand out as being head and shoulders a better prospect than Geno.

Some random guy who does a mock draft in October says maybe the Jets could look QB so that validates me. No it means looking at a mock draft in October is one of the stupidest things period.

God, talkin to you and Mike is like talking to a wall.

Listen, LISTEN, really, really closely.

It is NOT, ONE, guy, doing, a, mock. MULTIPLE, Scouts, I, follow, HAVE, SAID, THE, SAME, THING.

Multiple means more than one. I have seen, read, heard, a few guys now, say that the Jets could lean QB over Geno. Why? I don't know. What QB? I don't know. Varies. Some say Boyd. Some Mariota. Maybe Hundley. Obviously Teddy, but you're out of that range now. The point being, MULTIPLE guys have said the SAME, THING.

You, and Mike, are the only two that can't seem to grasp that. You two are so stuck on OMG, THERE'S NO WAY!!!!!! Yet Mike himself turns around and says that the Bucs could do the exact same thing. :lol:

One last, final time. MULTIPLE guys have said Jets + QB in the 2014 Draft. It's not just one mock draft, in October. :lol:

So help me if you two are still confused after this. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mocks arent the stupidest things.. it's a resource.. granted, just a pure 'prospects ranking' is move useful.. but at least it gives you an idea of where players are being ranked based purely off of their on field performance..

but obviously as the season plays out each teams needs will become clearer (as well as the actual draft order being set).. but then you get to the combine and some poeple become enamored with JUST height/weight/speed

so it's good to have these resources that can kind of put things into perspective when it comes time for the actual draft

Yea, but that was more based on the idea that the Jets would be one of the 10 worst teams in the league with an overmatched QB ofa team that was completely falling apart at the seams. Through 5 weeks of the seasons, that doesn't look to be the case. Jets should finish around the 8-8 mark be a middle of the pack team with a QB that has at least shown enough promise to give another year. The notion they are going QB is already an outdate one.

Talking heads are clueless to what a team will do in a draft in October cause the team itself is clueless cause the draft depends on so many variables. Jevan Snead was once though to be a potential #1 pick by a bunch of guys...so sorry, I don't really care what a talking head says in October when both CFB and NFL seasons are really just underway. A mock draft holds no weight...a top prospect list sure.

Back
Top Bottom