2014 NFL Draft Thread

I think if Teddy is off the board when the Vikings pick, and assuming it's a top 3 pick, then I strongly believe they should make a play for Clowney or Barr.

I kinda wish they shipped out Jared Allen for a 3rd. Add a few more picks to repeat last year and jump back into the first round for your quarterback. Hell, even another defensive player.

The makeup of this team needs to shift to D. Next two years they'll be outdoors in Minnesota and it instantly becomes one of the colder places to play. I'd prefer they match that with a hard-nosed D and they do have some pieces there already. QB can come to them if they knew how to flippin' evaluate them.

Last edited:
Say Detroit has a pick around 21-25. Will Marquis Lee be available?

Outside of him what other WRs will be available in that range. I don't follow college like that. :nerd:

I doubt it. Watkins and Lee probably both gone by 20.

Matthews will be available. I think Cooks could be the perfect fit next to Megatron.

Pair of LSU receivers, Landry and Beckham.

Last edited:
Brandin Cooks. Junior from Oregon State. Smaller receiver like 5'10". Elite quickness. Todd Graham from ASU said he's the best player they've faced this season. Near tops in the nation in receptions, yards, YPG, TD's.

Last edited:
Edit: My bad on the typo. Freudian slip. Posted that half asleep at 3 AM from the New Yorker Hotel after a long day of work. I assume my point still translated.

Can someone post that mock draft simulater game when it's up and running? That game kept me entertained through work for a good couple of days lol

Slow start was a bit troublesome. Good speed for his size. Nice frame, solid hands.

Picked it up the last 5-6 games.

Student section sports "Feed Moncrief" shirts.

I like him and Treadwell both.

Other than Clowney -- can you guys shed some light on some possible pass rushing (or possibly linebacker) options for the Falcons?  Since our season isn't worth watching anymore, I need some football to shift my attention towards..

Other than Clowney -- can you guys shed some light on some possible pass rushing (or possibly linebacker) options for the Falcons?  Since our season isn't worth watching anymore, I need some football to shift my attention towards..

There's a list on first page

I think if Teddy is off the board when the Vikings pick, and assuming it's a top 3 pick, then I strongly believe they should make a play for Clowney or Barr.

I kinda wish they shipped out Jared Allen for a 3rd. Add a few more picks to repeat last year and jump back into the first round for your quarterback. Hell, even another defensive player.

The makeup of this team needs to shift to D. Next two years they'll be outdoors in Minnesota and it instantly becomes one of the colder places to play. I'd prefer they match that with a hard-nosed D and they do have some pieces there already. QB can come to them if they knew how to flippin' evaluate them.

They HAVE to get a QB. They won't pick this high again with their existing talent. They can't leave this draft with anything else IMO.

They need one, for sure. But what if they pick fourth or fifth and Teddy and Hundley are gone? I don't feel comfortable with the others at that point when you have the potential to grab instant difference makers on the defense.

The last time this happened and all the top quarterbacks were drafted (from pre-draft rankings), they panicked and took Ponder. It was way too early.

My real concern is that they suck at evaluating quarterbacks, apparently, so the guy they could and should get if they went defense first, they probably pass on. :smh:

Even as a Buckeye I feel Shazier has been overhyped and overvalued in terms of Draft stock. I don't feel his skillset matches or translates quite like KVN, Mack, Mosley, etc.

I have no problem with a R2 selection, but I've seen top-20 and that's just not right.

Shazier makes plays but he's undersized. At the next level you can't rely purely on athleticism and speed.

Stoker: Clowney, Barr are cream of the crop. Then Mack and KVN.
pimp.gif

Barr with his speed and motor....I could dig it.

Back
Top Bottom