2014 NFL Draft Thread

If ol boy Tank got my Falcons, I'll keep it within the NFC South and take NO. Just let me know

Panthers still available?? 
nerd.gif

14th letter if so. 

Last edited:
I've heard our OC Jeff Tedford may be targeting Tahj Boyd in the 2nd or 3rd round.....color me unimpressed with a Boyd vs Glennon QB battle......

I just hope to god he doesn't try and campaign for Carr in the 1st. I know he coached his brother so there's somewhat of a chance. I'll blow that stadium up Bane style.

I'm not a Dolphins fan but, if Carlos Hyde is there at #20, they should draft him or, trade a few spots down and draft him. I hate the "we'll get a back in later rounds" scenario. They've (Dolphins) done it many a time. It's time for them to draft a big, bruising running back such as Carlos Hyde. He's going to be Beanie Wells, without the injuries, hopefully.

I'm not a Dolphins fan but, if Carlos Hyde is there at #20, they should draft him or, trade a few spots down and draft him. I hate the "we'll get a back in later rounds" scenario. They've (Dolphins) done it many a time. It's time for them to draft a big, bruising running back such as Carlos Hyde. He's going to be Beanie Wells, without the injuries, hopefully.

*reported*

What position do you think the Dolphins should draft with their first rounder?

:lol: :lol:

My neighbor has a 2 year old daughter. Her first words were "y'all need some ****** lineman"

True story.

Chester. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
So glad its offseason and I don't have to hear that moron.

i pray the dolphins take carlos hyde or a QB...please do it :lol:

in the first round, too :rofl:

Last edited:
Trust me, after workouts Kouandjio won't be there at 19/20 and Zach Martin is undersized for a LT. He's Sam Baker lite. They also won't move up again, because they did it last year. But by the looks of it, They'll be drafting air.

Dolphins boutta be doing background checks back to elementary school to make sure none of their draft prospects ever picked on anybody on the playground.

Trust me, after workouts Kouandjio won't be there at 19/20 and Zach Martin is undersized for a LT. He's Sam Baker lite. They also won't move up again, because they did it last year. But by the looks of it, They'll be drafting air.

I trust you.

I trust you have no idea what you're talkin about. But keep typin bro.

This whole draft is only 18 players deep or somethin? :lol:. There's only 2 lineman? :lol:

There's plenty to choose from. They can also go guard at 19, doesn't HAVE to be tackle. There's even a chance someone like Lewan drops. Lazor, the new OC, coached Morgan Moses at Virginia, maybe they look at him (trade down, or even round 2, with BPA in rd 1).

Plenty of options, no need for drafting "air".

I trust you.

I trust you have no idea what you're talkin about. But keep typin bro.

This whole draft is only 18 players deep or somethin? :lol:. There's only 2 lineman? :lol:

There's plenty to choose from. They can also go guard at 19, doesn't HAVE to be tackle. There's even a chance someone like Lewan drops. Lazor, the new OC, coached Morgan Moses at Virginia, maybe they look at him (trade down, or even round 2, with BPA in rd 1).

Plenty of options, no need for drafting "air".

Alright dude. The Phins have not had a running threat since Sir Ricky Williams. Keep neglecting the running back position, and the Phins will continue being in their doldrums. No one fears the Dolphins running game so, that's why Tannehill was sacked 50+ times. Put a solid running game behind Tannehill, and watch him work! Hyde would not only help the run/pass due to ability, but because he will be capable of picking up blitzes, etc. Let Daniel Thomas go, and keep Miller as a change-of-pace. They HAVE to start hitting on these first and 2nd round picks. They're 2/3 so far the past few seasons, and will be 3/3 eventually (I believe Jordan will be good). They've let go some outstanding contributors (Long, Marshall, Ginn, Davis, S.Smith, Welker, Dansby) They need to stop giving up on players so easily. Both Vontae Davis and S.Smith teams made the playoffs, Welker, Marshall, and Dansby are all savvy, smart, pro bowlers, and Long made the pro bowl for you guys, even with injury.

They go the free agent route FAR to often, when honestly, they don't' need to sometimes. They're like Dan Snyder/Washington of the AFC, always trying to make free agent splashes. Just continue having solid drafts, and groom your in-house signees.

Last edited:
Tannehill may just be another Marino. He'll be stuck with Bernie Parmalee, Kareem Abdul-Jabar, Cecil Collins, Terry Kirby style tailbacks to hand off too…

Tannehill may just be another Marino. He'll be stuck with Bernie Parmalee, Kareem Abdul-Jabar, Cecil Collins, Terry Kirby style tailbacks to hand off too…

I was going to defend you because CP acts like a 6 year when people don't agree with him but then you just said Tannehill might be another Marino :smh:

Last edited:
I was going to defend you because CP acts like a 6 year when people don't agree with him but then you just said Tannehill might be another Marino :smh:

I didn't mean Marino in a sense of career statistics, I meant he will never have a good running game to help him out. Similar to Marino.

Yeah, great.

Tannehill was sacked 59 times because, running back. Sure.

The patchwork, garbage oline outside of one single player at Center, had nothin to do with that. Along with the playcalling. (hopefully fixed with Sherman gone)

Absolute bottom line, you don't draft running backs in the first round. There are plenty of RB's NOT taken in the first round that prove it. As you said, we have Lamar Miller, we need a nice complimentary piece for him, we can do that, in round 3-4, maybe even round 2 if they handle a lot of the OL in free agency.

You don't take a running back in round 1, unless it's Adrian Peterson or Ricky Williams, and last I checked, there are none of those type players in this draft.

Before Ireland got let go, I had a very solid idea of how we were lookin in Rd 1's the next couple years. There are 4 premium positions in today's NFL, QB, OT, DE, CB. Everyone is aware of these 4 key spots. Get your QB, get a guy to protect your QB, get a guy that can get after the other teams QB, and get a lockdown guy to limit what the other QB can do to you. 4 key, $$ positions.

2012 Tannehill QB
2013 Jordan DE
2014 ???? OT, looks pretty likely
2015 My guess would have been CB, as Grimes will be 32-33 next year, and we'll have filled the other 3 spots.

Go back to Parcells when he came aboard, he tried the same, but kept screwing up round 2.

2008 Long, OT
2009 Davis, CB
2010 Odrick, DE

Problem is, he tried to cheat the system and take a QB in rd 2, instead of rd 1, and it cost him. Henne and Pat White, which..........yeah.

Now that Ireland is gone, whoever we get, I don't know of course where they might lean. This year, it's real safe, OLine. We need literally 4 new starters around Pouncey. We can get 1-2-3 in free agency, maybe, or split the diff and go 2 FA, 2 Draft. We'll see.

What we do NOT do, is use the 19th pick in the draft to take a damn RB, when there are like 10-12 all close enough, you could take one in Round 3 and be just as good, if not better, than the one you want us to take at freakin 19.

Gore, Shady McCoy, Morris, Ridley, Matt Forte, Ray Rice, Jamal Charles, MJD, and the guy we currently have Lamar Miller all guys taken after round 1 the last 7-8 years.

Last edited:
Yeah, great.

Tannehill was sacked 59 times because, running back. Sure.

The patchwork, garbage oline outside of one single player at Center, had nothin to do with that. Along with the playcalling. (hopefully fixed with Sherman gone)

Absolute bottom line, you don't draft running backs in the first round. There are plenty of RB's NOT taken in the first round that prove it. As you said, we have Lamar Miller, we need a nice complimentary piece for him, we can do that, in round 3-4, maybe even round 2 if they handle a lot of the OL in free agency.

You don't take a running back in round 1, unless it's Adrian Peterson or Ricky Williams, and last I checked, there are none of those type players in this draft.

Before Ireland got let go, I had a very solid idea of how we were lookin in Rd 1's the next couple years. There are 4 premium positions in today's NFL, QB, OT, DE, CB. Everyone is aware of these 4 key spots. Get your QB, get a guy to protect your QB, get a guy that can get after the other teams QB, and get a lockdown guy to limit what the other QB can do to you. 4 key, $$ positions.

2012 Tannehill QB
2013 Jordan DE
2014 ???? OT, looks pretty likely
2015 My guess would have been CB, as Grimes will be 32-33 next year, and we'll have filled the other 3 spots.

Go back to Parcells when he came aboard, he tried the same, but kept screwing up round 2.

2008 Long, OT
2009 Davis, CB
2010 Odrick, DE

Problem is, he tried to cheat the system and take a QB in rd 2, instead of rd 1, and it cost him. Henne and Pat White, which..........yeah.

Now that Ireland is gone, whoever we get, I don't know of course where they might lean. This year, it's real safe, OLine. We need literally 4 new starters around Pouncey. We can get 1-2-3 in free agency, maybe, or split the diff and go 2 FA, 2 Draft. We'll see.

What we do NOT do, is use the 19th pick in the draft to take a damn RB, when there are like 10-12 all close enough, you could take one in Round 3 and be just as good, if not better, than the one you want us to take at freakin 19.

Gore, Shady McCoy, Morris, Ridley, Matt Forte, Ray Rice, Jamal Charles, MJD, and the guy we currently have Lamar Miller all guys taken after round 1 the last 7-8 years.

LOL, All those RBs you named were BLUE CHIP recruits coming out of high school. Had Gore been healthy at UM, 1st round. Had Shady went to Penn state like he was initially, before Pittsburgh, 1st Round. Forte, Rice, and MJD, Jamal (left Texas early) were also prolific backs and should've gone first round. Scouts undervalued them, that's not the players fault.

Also, if they're are no premier RBs, they're DEFINITELY isn't a stand-out premier LT in this draft. Look at last years T crop. Fluker had a great season and Johnson played solid for Philly. You guys won't be able to get Robinson or Matthews (And, honestly, they aren't RARE talents). Kouandijo will be gone. And good luck with Martin bruh.

This is the perfect opportunity for the Phins to take a flyer on a local product (Hyde, whose from Naples, FL) and get good value for him if they trade back to picks 24-31, cause I'm telling you, Kouandjio will be GONE before 19. DJ Fluker was projected as a late first rounder, he went 11th to the Chargers. You guys will be stuck between a)drafting undersized Zach Martin b)trading back and taking Carlos Hyde.

Back
Top Bottom