2014 NFL Draft Thread

Someone (maybe even us) will take a late flyer on Thomas.. Can't teach size.. And even in this thing, you can see his mechanics are horrible

But they got rumors that some teams like Boyd.. Like 2nd round like him.. I hope it happens, since we won't be looking for a QB before the 4th-5th area and depends who is there

Last edited:
Someone (maybe even us) will take a late flyer on Thomas.. Can't teach size.. And even in this thing, you can see his mechanics are horrible

But they got rumors that some teams like Boyd.. Like 2nd round like him.. I hope it happens, since we won't be looking for a QB before the 4th-5th area and depends who is there

I'd take a flyer on Boyd in the 4th or 5th if he makes it there but I want nothing to do with Thomas

I'd take a flyer on Boyd in the 4th or 5th if he makes it there but I want nothing to do with Thomas

Don't want Boyd.. But would be willing to take a flyer on Thomas if he's there in the 7th, not before.. Maybe he can be coached into something.. Or get switched to TE

Thomas looked better than Boyd at the Sr. Bowl. Granted Thomas didnt look great in the game and Boyd had the better college career, but he also had much better coaching and talent around him. 5th round on, I'd give both a look but I'd take the project in Thomas. Much higher ceiling.

Man the more I film of Mike Evans the more I fall in love with him.

I just don't see him not cooking the single coverage he's going to see the next 3 or 4 years if he goes to the Lions.

My dream Lions draft.

1. Evans
2. Van Noy
3. Dixon
4. Jean-Baptiste
5. Bryan Stork
6. Jalen Saunders
7. Jeremy Gallon

I just don't see him not cooking the single coverage he's going to see the next 3 or 4 years if he goes to the Lions.

My dream Lions draft.

1. Evans
2. Van Noy
3. Dixon
4. Jean-Baptiste
5. Bryan Stork
6. Jalen Saunders
7. Jeremy Gallon

damn 3 receivers

My dream Lions draft.

1. Evans
2. Van Noy
3. Dixon
4. Jean-Baptiste
5. Bryan Stork
6. Jalen Saunders
7. Jeremy Gallon

damn 3 receivers

Of the 5 LIons' receivers not named Calvin Johnson 4 of them were cut and on the street before joining the Lions.

We were starting street free agents at wide out most of the season.

Last edited:
Of the 5 LIons' receivers not named Calvin Johnson 4 of them were cut and on the street before joining the Lions.

I get that but I'd figured they'd wanna get a free agent or two and get a couple in the draft at most

I get that but I'd figured they'd wanna get a free agent or two and get a couple in the draft at most

Anquan, Britt, and Golden Tate are the only free agents that I think are going to be obtainable.

Anquan ain't coming to Detroit, I'd take a flier on Britt for like the vet minimum or a incentive laden contract. We up against the cap so I'd rather spend the money in free agency on a corner or a safety.

Anquan, Britt, and Golden Tate are the only free agents that I think are going to be obtainable.

Anquan ain't coming to Detroit, I'd take a flier on Britt for like the vet minimum or a incentive laden contract. We up against the cap so I'd rather spend the money in free agency on a corner or a safety.

yea if you get one receiver to work inside the numbers in FA with the TEs then get your Evans to pair with CJ and a possession guy in the mid to late rounds, that should fill that need. You can get a couple CBs in the draft

Evans is the only WR I would want the eagles to take in the 1st or 2nd rounds.. Assuming lee and Benjamin don't make it to the 2nd

Would rather get Coleman, moncrief, huff, latimer or hofman later on in the draft.. Or dat too since we need an upgrade in the slot

Address defense in the 1st 3 rounds, even in spots where we have guys we need depth

yea if you get one receiver to work inside the numbers in FA with the TEs then get your Evans to pair with CJ and a possession guy in the mid to late rounds, that should fill that need. You can get a couple CBs in the draft

We got a bunch of young corners we drafted in the last few years and all of them have showed flashes of being decent however we don't have a #1 CB and we pay Chris Houston like one but dude either got hurt or got his money and got lazy.

Rookie corners typically are bad when they first come into the league so I would prefer they spend on a veteran corner and draft the WRs.

They hired this Brian Xanders guy last offseason to help with the draft and had the best draft they've had in my life last year. We got 4 starters that played well and maybe 5 so I'm hoping they can repeat that success this year.

Smart drafting is why Seattle is freaking loaded right now.

Also I wouldn't have any issues if they take Ebron,Amaro or Mack at 10. Especially if Mike runs a slow 40.

I've fallen in love with Mike though. I think about how many times I saw Ogletree or Durham drop a big pass and think he's perfect.

Last edited:
Eagles fan here, praying Clinton-Dix or Calvin Pryor falls to the 22nd pick 
ohwell.gif
 seriously need to address this secondary...

Deone in the 2nd if someone falls in the 1st?
Yeah I wouldn't be mad with him either if we got him in the 2nd, been watching film on him and I'm pretty impressed with his coverage and closing speed. From what I can tell the WSU CB's aren't all that so he had to make a lot of plays too

Back
Top Bottom