2014 NFL Draft Thread

So a better prospect than justin Blackmon and/or tavon austin?

The first WRs taken last two years
I really don't think Sammy has the same talent or ceiling as Blackmon. Of course, you can't ignore the off field stuff with Blackmon. He doesn't seem motivated or focused in Jacksonville. Change of scenery and better QB play can help. I want Blackmon to turn the corner like Dez, that level of potential is there.

Blackmon, Sammy, Tavon. My order.

That'd be the logical choice, I honestly don't think they need any more WRs.

Bradford isn't the answer.

It should be QB at 2 and best OL at 13.
Don't love Schotty moving forward. I've held out for Bradford, there's no more defending him. One throw sticks out, think it was against Arizona, badly overthrows a wide open Pettis heading into the end zone.

Fisher will have to decide with Schotty would fits best of Teddy, Manziel, Bortles. I like the idea of trading back again. Last time brought them Brockers and Janoris. Could get one of the OT's that fall like Matthews or Robinson. Wait for a QB, if you like a Mettenberger or Garoppolo.

Rams won't take a QB early they still have confidence in Bradford dont know why. Besides before he got hurt he was havin a pretty good season.

I'm still riding with Bradford.

They may as well trade down for Sammy.

Bradford has done less than Andy Dalton at this point in his career.

The only reason he's still getting a chance is a function of being the #1 pick. He's shown nothing beyond mediocrity in the NFL.

I'm still riding with Bradford.

They may as well trade down for Sammy.

Bradford has done less than Andy Dalton at this point in his career.

The only reason he's still getting a chance is a function of being the #1 pick. He's shown nothing beyond mediocrity in the NFL.
I really don't think STL needs a receiver.

Givens, Austin, Bailey, Pettis, Quick, Cook, Kendricks. Richardson, Stacy, Cunningham. Weapons for days on turf.

I'm losing faith in Bradford and I like Schotty even less.

STL needs a tackle, badly. And they need players in their secondary.

I would be stunned if they didn't go O-line with one of their firsts.

He'll be alright.

Just give me credit when he does well and I was the only one that hung on to the bandwagon.
You got it. I'm like that with certain players as well.

STL needs a tackle, badly. And they need players in their secondary.

I would be stunned if they didn't go O-line with one of their firsts.
Trading back for additional pick(s) and getting Robinson isn't a bad deal. Some team will get QB happy depending which direction Houston goes.

Best case scenario for STL is to trade back, since they don't want a QB, and I doubt they want Clowney either. #2 is really a great place to be this year.

And if Manziel does go #1, I sense the Jaguars would be overjoyed with either Bridgewater (apparently they've spent a lot of time on him) or Clowney (great building block for Bradley on D)

Last edited:
I'd almost say Minnesota should trade up to #2 for Teddy if they didn't have so many defensive holes.
Zimmer gonna retool the defense before even looking at the other side of the ball. Starting with Johnson.

I agree. He's a defensive mind. He is a very smart football mind along with Spielman. They know that without a Q, any well built defense may not be enough to win consistently. It all depends on who they like at Q and where they can grab him, really.

Last edited:
So a better prospect than justin Blackmon and/or tavon austin?

The first WRs taken last two years
I really don't think Sammy has the same talent or ceiling as Blackmon. Of course, you can't ignore the off field stuff with Blackmon. He doesn't seem motivated or focused in Jacksonville. Change of scenery and better QB play can help. I want Blackmon to turn the corner like Dez, that level of potential is there.

Blackmon, Sammy, Tavon. My order.

It is a BS statement.. Blackmon has the off field stuff that we know about and obviously is a walking suspension waiting to happen..

Without that, I'm taking Blackmon over Sammy..

But if I have a creative coach, then I want tavon.. If I had my choice of the 3 for the eagles, give me tavon

Blackmon was absolutely dominate at Oklahoma state after the catch he was like a 215 Lb tail back.

Last edited:
And Sammy is a speedster who can take anything the distance and run all the routes in the tree. It's very close

Blackmon ran 4.46 at the combine.. What do you guys think Sammy going run?

Blackmon was absolutely dominate at Oklahoma state after the catch he was like a 215 Lb tail back.

OK st. threw a **** ton compared to this last Clemson squad. Watkins was still over 100 receptions and I'm willing to bet they had considerably less attempts than that OK. st. squad. And YAC is a lot different in a spread offense like the Cowboys ran 99% of the time.

Blackmon and Watkins are both incredible talents. But if I had to decide I'd go watkins. He will run a sub 4.3 I'd imagine the dude is
Noticeably faster than everybody out there.

Sammy runs as hard, if not harder than Blackmon.

& Sammy is like 210

iirc Blackmon measures in smaller than ppl expected

Last edited:
Nah Blackmon is like a faster Anquan Boldin in my mind so physical. Boldin used to be dope after the catch.

Last edited:
A faster more what than Anquan

And Sammy been bulldozing & big boying ppl since his freshman year

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom