2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turner talks like he has marbles in his mouth but he has some funny quotes: 
Evan Turner on receiving boos from Philadelphia 76ers fans: 'I don't want to sound super weird, but Jesus was hated too'

after his game winning assist to Jae Crowder:

"I had confidence [Crowder] was going to make it," Turner said. "Before [the possession] I had told Crowder, even though he’d missed a couple of shots, I said, ‘You’ve got some big shots in you.’ He was like, ‘I know.’ When I was dribbling, I was like, 'Oh snap, I’m at 15 feet, I’m about to end this.' And then I thought about [Michael Jordan] passing to Steve Kerr. And I thought, 'Well, let me add that to my legacy. I’ll pass one time.' And that was it. It was unbelievable, actually. Ingenious by me."

You guys must be forgetting to factor in Draymond's leadership and toughness.

His Leadership Per Game is crazy right now.

True Toughness Rating is leading the league.

Winner Mentaility took a bit of a hit last week but he's brought it back up.

Last edited:
Jimmy was acting like he was from some Brooklyn projects, making fun of Taj Gibson

Evan turner is hilarious and I had no idea :lol:. He has a handful of gems this season

Rudy g responded to an overweight twitter heckler and said he looked like Majin bu :rofl:

Rudy Gobert's was my favorite of the year!! That was CLASSIC!

how many legit number ones are there?

can you define legit number ones for me

that's what i am trying to figure out
dray is a top 5 player in my eyes. play on court doesn't lie and if you say you can't build a team around him, then who can you?
also in my top 5...
steph
lebron
kd
russ
kawhi
PG
Jimmy
Klay

yeah i feel it. IMO i think you can build a team around Dray too but it has to be a really balanced one with more capable scorers, something similar to what he has in GSW or Spurs. it's hard not to build a team around someone who's elite at pretty much all areas of basketball except the one only casual fans care for so it's weird hearing someone with dray's background being mentioned as a top 10 player. i think a good amount of NT believe you can only be a top player if you're an elite offensive player. im not sweating it too much and won't waste my time whether i think dray is top 10. imma just let his play do the talking for him like last year lol.

that's what i am trying to figure out
dray is a top 5 player in my eyes. play on court doesn't lie and if you say you can't build a team around him, then who can you?
also in my top 5...
steph
lebron
kd
russ
kawhi
PG
Jimmy
Klay

Why can't you build around Wall again? I keep seeing Green being praised for all around game but Wall is doing what he's doing with fewer rebounds and more assists while guarding PGs. Elite NBA defender. Green has played great but if you put him on Washington in place of Wall you believe Washington would be better?

The build a team around player argument is silly

Any non top 5 player is not worth having a team built around them

The 6th best player in the league is not leading any team to a championship

Sometimes even having 2 top 5 players at their positions, a sixth man of the year, and a championship winning coach isn't enough.

Sometimes even having 2 top 5 players at their positions, a sixth man of the year, and a championship winning coach isn't enough.
Not sure what team you are talking about but an above average catch and shoot shooter from the corners might be the missing piece to that puzzle

I think the Pistons should keep Jennings if he could buy coming off the bench as a super sub. If Stanley can start panning out, their first 7 are really good

idk man, d wade wasn't a top 5 player when Miami built the team around him and they won the ring

idk man, d wade wasn't a top 5 player when Miami built the team around him and they won the ring
Shaq was a top 5 player in 2006

Was Kawhi Leonard a top 5 player in 2013-2014? Or was it Duncan/Parker?

No, he really wasn't

Leonard, Duncan weren't top 5 players when they won in 2013

Shaq was definitely still top 5 (or returned to top 5) in his first year in Miami, when the lost in the conference finals to Detroit. I believe he was second in MVP voting. But its arguable for the following year. The decline was already showing then. Still, his numbers were good @ 20, 9 and almost 2 blocks per. So, if he wasn't top 5, he was still top 10. So him, with a rising Wade (and the refs in the Finals), was enough to get it done.

Shaq was definitely still top 5 (or returned to top 5) in his first year in Miami, when the lost in the conference finals to Detroit. I believe he was second in MVP voting. But its arguable for the following year. The decline was already showing then. Still, his numbers were good @ 20, 9 and almost 2 blocks per. So, if he wasn't top 5, he was still top 10. So him, with a rising Wade (and the refs in the Finals), was enough to get it done.
Wade was the best player when they won, I actually thought most of NT agreed with that (especially the Laker fans, with their Shaq was the Robin comments)

Interestingly enough, Shaq didn't even finish top 11 in MVP voting. Most likely due to him only playing 59 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom