2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean kind of

You can't really justify Team USA taking Wall over Kyrie when Kyrie is a miles better shooter.

The conversation about taking wall over CP3 is null and void because like I said, he HAS to make it

Cool end of debate. I get where you're coming from. I disagree with the notion without a PG who can shoot on the floor at all times means we'll lose however. That's my point. We simply disagree. Nice debate.

Why do you need more scoring when you have more scoring then you know what to do with. Who here honestly believes team USA would have a scoring problem without Irving? Getting shooters wide open looks helps everyone else score. Why is that lost on the thread.
Please leave Blake and Chris Paul off the team.
and this is why i said we dont NEED curry. scoring is currys biggest asset. its negated by the other 4 on the floor who are elite scorers as well. at this rate u pick the best players at the role. i would rather a cp3 and kyrie duo, than curry and one of them. cuz having curry surrounded by the USA team means curry cant take like 10 3pters a game. he has to distribute. and whats the point of having curry if he doesnt have the green light to shoot like he wants? id rather have cp3 average 15 assists and still get buckets when needed, than have a ball dominant pg on a team full of elite scorers.

Wall can keep his 4.4 Turnovers in DC until 2020.

To be clear, my comment about leaving CP3 has nothing to do with his abiity. I just don't want his old *** adding more miles

Last edited:
U gotta understand with players like rondo and wall it's either their show or they're not apart of it at all. I was the same type of pg till I fixed my shot

Cool end of debate. I get where you're coming from. I disagree with the notion without a PG who can shoot on the floor at all times means we'll lose however. That's my point. We simply disagree. Nice debate.
You're right on that end. I don't think anyone would disagree with you. We would blow everyone out if Wall were the PG. We're going to overwhelm everyone regardless of who Coach K chooses.

Team USA would be just fine with Wall as opposed to Irving, Paul, Curry, whoever. You can't really go wrong. Relative to international ball, it's splitting hair right now. Team USA is that good.

There is no possible way Russ won't make it. I'd say he is up there as a lock with CP, Lebron, Melo , AD, KD and Steph.

Why else would you take Irving over Wall. If that's the case and not having a shooting PG on the floor at all times means we'll still win. Why not reward the better player?
BECAUSE WALL ISNT BETTER THAN IRVING IN AN INTERNATIONAL SETTING 
laugh.gif

steph, russ, cp will be the PGs
kyrie will get in as well for what he did last time and his connection with coach K

if cp opts not to play, then next guys are up

team usa could send their C squad and win it.

Last edited:

Why do you need more scoring when you have more scoring then you know what to do with. Who here honestly believes team USA would have a scoring problem without Irving? Getting shooters wide open looks helps everyone else score. Why is that lost on the thread.
Please leave Blake and Chris Paul off the team.
and this is why i said we dont NEED curry. scoring is currys biggest asset. its negated by the other 4 on the floor who are elite scorers as well. at this rate u pick the best players at the role. i would rather a cp3 and kyrie duo, than curry and one of them. cuz having curry surrounded by the USA team means curry cant take like 10 3pters a game. he has to distribute. and whats the point of having curry if he doesnt have the green light to shoot like he wants? id rather have cp3 average 15 assists and still get buckets when needed, than have a ball dominant pg on a team full of elite scorers.
The same argument you're using against steph could easily be used against kyrie.

Why else would you take Irving over Wall. If that's the case and not having a shooting PG on the floor at all times means we'll still win. Why not reward the better player?
Yea but nobody said the team would LOSE with Wall. We simply said that Kyrie is a better shooter. We wouldn't LOSE with Jeff Teague as our starting PG.

There is no BETTER player, they have two different skill-sets. And Kyrie's skill-set is more appropriate to an international style of play

What has Wall done in this international setting that makes you believe he isn't? That's not fact but opinion.
Wall hasn't had a chance but we are simply looking at what he has shown in the NBA and coming to the conclusion that his style of play isn't as "International Friendly" as Kyrie's. Not saying Wall would be BAD.

But you are right, it is an assumption because Wall hasn't had a shot

What has Wall done in this international setting that makes you believe he isn't? That's not fact but opinion.
Team USA kills their opponents in international play with superior athleticism and Shooting.

This isn't an opinion. That is fact.

Kyrie is the better shooter. That is a fact.

In my opinion, they both would be adequate playmakers in that setting because, well who wouldn't playing next to Steph Bron and KD.

What it comes down to, is Kyrie being a better ball handler and shooter, based on NBA play. If Wall had the chance i'm sure he would do great however

Last edited:
mike conley would be a better fit over john wall
just saying...

sucks to be the odd man out, but he isnt going to be the only one.
wall might as well sign up for dominican citizenship and play for cal

Last edited:
My overall point about Wall is he'll increase the scoring of everyone else. That negates what Irving does. If Wall can increase everyone else's scoring you wouldn't need Irvings scoring ability. It's even what they bring.

The same argument you're using against steph could easily be used against kyrie.
kyrie imo is the better facilitator in this setting. we know steph works well within his system. we have no idea what stephs facilitating looks like on this stage, whereas we see kyrie was MVP. and that why imo kyrie edges out curry

My overall point about Wall is he'll increase the scoring of everyone else. That negates what Irving does. If Wall can increase everyone else's scoring you wouldn't need Irvings scoring ability. It's even what they bring.
Irving can do this too in this setting that's what you're not comprehending about this.

What has Wall done in this international setting that makes you believe he would? That's not fact but opinion. 
nerd.gif

wall just needs to go into the tryouts and bust his *** and give them a reason not to cut him. he already said he will be the odd man out himself, but if he impresses the coaches, you never know...also him not being with nike doesnt help his cause

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom