2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been gone a couple days running ragged at work.

But just came in to say....

Thunder-Up!! Finals coming soon...
smokin.gif

Lets do it boys:D
That's right!! 
pimp.gif

nobody outside of OKC believes that they're king to win it all
laugh.gif
I'm not from OKC but they will win it.

I know you are ready for that fade on Saturday 
happy.gif

I don't blame Boogie, first day of BHM and ya dropping monkey t-shirts for another country's new year that's next week, did they drop a BHM t-shirt last month?

Those Latin nights jerseys are pretty offensive. Are you saying I can't read in English so you put in Spanish while salsa plays in the backround ? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

I don't blame Boogie, first day of BHM and ya dropping monkey t-shirts for another country's new year that's next week, did they drop a BHM t-shirt last month?
It's the start of the Chinese new year in the place in America where the Asian population is the most dense.

Regardless the basis of his argument is to exclude one race to celebrate another. That's ridiculous. He should have thought of something better than that.

I mean it is the year of the Monkey, not sure where the insult is or what he's seeing in that monkey.. it's a tradition that's been going on since the beginning of time. 

nah b, its a touchy subject. They used to call us monkeys, you wanna release a hoodie with a monkey on it and have them wear it during pregames? During black history month? I don't expect asians to wear the bhm tee, why must they have to wear the monkey joint? My new year was a month ago.

I lowkey feel uncomfortable in some of my bape stuff that says 'I am Ape'

It's the start of the Chinese new year in the place in America where the Asian population is the most dense.

Regardless the basis of his argument is to exclude one race to celebrate another. That's ridiculous. He should have thought of something better than that.

1. Chinese new year hasn't started yet.

2. Show me where he said he didn't want the year of the monkey celebrated at all, or only wants black people to be celebrated.

It's only the 2nd day of BHM we can't get no shine before they on to a holiday in another country?

I'm not ignorant towards that history,it's just that the NBA has always made an effort to honor various different cultures for years. I didn't feel offended when I saw the shirt because I know it could've been a "Year of the Rat/Ox/whatever" just as easily. There's nothing blatant or intentionally provocative about it at all and no other team/players felt the same way it seems.

To imply that the league doesn't do anything in comparison for BHM is just crazy talk :lol:. You guys forgetting that "Dream Big" campaign they had last year?

Last edited:

1. Chinese new year hasn't started yet.

2. Show me where he said he didn't want the year of the monkey celebrated at all, or only wants black people to be celebrated.

It's only the 2nd day of BHM we can't get no shine before they on to a holiday in another country?
Wait it hasn't even started yet? Then why even put out the shirts so far in advance....

Nevermind I should have known. This is the Kings after all. I retract my statement.

I'm not ignorant towards that history,it's just that the NBA has always made an effort to honor various different cultures for years. I didn't feel offended when I saw the shirt because I know it could've been a "Year of the Rat/Ox/whatever" just as easily. There's nothing blatant or intentionally provocative about it at all and no other team/players felt the same way it seems.

what race was referred to as ox's?

what other team came through with the monkey hoodies? i didnt see it said it was nba wide design. thought it was just the kings. bet bron and cp3 wouldnt play that **** either

There's no connection between the two tho. Like I said the lunar New Year has been a tradition since lord knows how long. The league also celebrates bhm

Even though they already do a lot,I wouldn't mind seeing them adopt this jersey design in the future for BHM as well

View media item 1894531
So clean :smokin

what race was referred to as ox's?

what other team came through with the monkey hoodies? i didnt see it said it was nba wide design. thought it was just the kings. bet bron and cp3 wouldnt play that **** either

This

There's no connection between the two tho. Like I said the lunar New Year has been a tradition since lord knows how long. The league also celebrates bhm

Thought I read it was league wide though. If not it still isn't really out of the question since there's a good amount of Chinese in Norcal

Last edited:
I dont want this to turn into a race thread though. We've been having a good run lately of no beefs lol. Here's the comes the bang.

I think most teams will celebrate one way or another. Houston, GS, Washington I believe will have special jerseys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom