2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow, OKC starts a 14 game stretch that's brutal. Maybe 2 gimmes in there.
Time for everyone to see who they are.
Randy Foye. What are your thoughts? As I suggested earlier, I think he is the "Tyronne Lue" figure for the team.  Not even sure how he be, especially him being a back seater.

I really hope Billy Don has made 'OBVIOUS' implication and trades to negate GSW.  Has WB ever been the guy to shut down anyone?  I don't think so.  I do hear a lot about him getting TD, and meaningless AS accolades, but has he really shut down KLAY or CURRY or anyone?  I don't think so.  WB spends too much time on wardrobes and commercials, he hasn't put in the old school method of time and effort into establishing himself defensively.

Funny.  They keep talking about WB like he's the second coming, but all he does is exert his energy on the offensive end.  What happened to his UCLA/DEFENSE discipline where he would lock peeps?

Tomorrow, OKC starts a 14 game stretch that's brutal. Maybe 2 gimmes in there.

Time for everyone to see who they are.
Randy Foye. What are your thoughts? As I suggested earlier, I think he is the "Tyronne Lue" figure for the team.  Not even sure how he be, especially him being a back seater.

I really hope Billy Don has made 'OBVIOUS' implication and trades to negate GSW.  Has WB ever been the guy to shut down anyone?  I don't think so.  I do hear a lot about him getting TD, and meaningless AS accolades, but has he really shut down KLAY or CURRY or anyone?  I don't think so.  WB spends too much time on wardrobes and commercials, he hasn't put in the old school method of time and effort into establishing himself defensively.

Funny.  They keep talking about WB like he's the second coming, but all he does is exert his energy on the offensive end.  What happened to his UCLA/DEFENSE discipline where he would lock peeps?

I don't care one way or the other about Foye. He won't make an impact that helps or hurts this year other than the Luxury tax savings. I don't think he's going to cut into any players minutes.

As far a Westbrooks defense, it's lack of effort or care. You can't tell me someone that athletic and smart can't get himself into position to stop somebody.

Barkley always made mention that Westbrokt took everything personal, but only on the offensive end. Like, if you scored on him, his team, or came at them in a demeaning way on the court, that he'd take it personal and make sure he put some points back at you on the next possesion, and it's true, Westbrook would, but only on the offensive end. He could have this same drive on defense, but he doesn't care to.

In the offseason of 2013 he said that he was going to make it a point to be a destructive force on the Defensive end. That he was going to make the All NBA Defensive team, then the injuries hit. That was the last time I heard him talk about defense. Any mention since then has been in post game interviews with the generic "we know we need to continue to work hard and get better on defense" yada yada.

This is the thing, OKC is completely ok just out scoring whoever they face. Defense doesn't have to factor in.

Last edited:
What about when non-Lakers fans spit their drink out at the same joke?
:nerd:

Got me. I don't have a good response to that.

TBH, having thought about it, my issue isn't with Lakers "fans" per se, but really a Lakers fan. One. That Lakers fan's Clippers basing is just especially irksome for some reason. Everyone else, have at it.

Thank god for the Warriors existing. If the Cavs make it to the finals, I can count on them to take Lebron out :pimp:

No need to even explain this, your only hope for any team to take out Lebron has always been a West team for the last several years, because you know that trash bulls team WILL NEVER do it. LOL :pimp:

Thank god for the Warriors existing. If the Cavs make it to the finals, I can count on them to take Lebron out :pimp:

No need to even explain this, your only hope for any team to take out Lebron has always been a West team for the last several years, because you know that trash bulls team WILL NEVER do it. LOL :pimp:

Ehh don't get too cocky. You might get trashed by the Pistons in the playoffs for all you know lol

Ehh don't get too cocky. You might get trashed by the Pistons in the playoffs for all you know lol

Man keep dreaming. Even you know that would never happen in a million years. You know as well as I know, NO ONE in the East is beating a Lebron lead team, any time soon. Just focus on the Bulls and getting to watch them on TV, because they will end the season exactly how they needed it for the past 6 years.....NOT IN THE FINALS.

the Pistons :smh:

Have a seat. LOL :rofl:

Man keep dreaming. Even you know that would never happen in a million years. You know as well as I know, NO ONE in the East is beating a Lebron lead team, any time soon. Just focus on the Bulls and getting to watch them on TV, because they will end the season exactly how they needed it for the past 6 years.....NOT IN THE FINALS.

the Pistons :smh:

Have a seat. LOL :rofl:

Quoted for May

Monty Williams:

“I want to close with this, and I think it’s the most important thing we need to understand. Everyone is praying for me and my family, which is right, but let us not forget that there were two people in this situation. And that family needs prayer as well, and we have no ill will towards that family. In my house, we have a sign that says, ‘As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.’

“We cannot serve the Lord if we don’t have a heart of forgiveness. That family didn’t wake up wanting to hurt my wife. Life is hard. It is very hard, and that was tough, but we hold no ill will toward the Donaldson family. And we, as a group, brothers united in unity, should be praying for that family because they grieve as well. So let’s not lose sight of what’s important.”

http://usat.ly/1orJyc8
Amazing. I can't even fathom having that amount of strength.

[thread="638376"].[/thread]
MJ never came close to 81

his career high was 69 and he needed OT, kobe got 62 in 3 quarters

dude scored 225 points in a span of 4 games

I have never seen anyone in the history of basketball take the level of bad shots as kobe did and he would get buckets anyways. He's the GOAT tough shot maker, no one even comes close. 

I think the best scorer is someone who can score in literally any situation you can think of and no one is better than kobe at doing that. efficiency is overrated. 
And Kobe never came close to 63 in the playoffs :lol: needed OT to get his only 50 point playoff game. While Jordan is the only player in history with back to back 50 playoff games.

When the games mattered most, there is no better scorer in NBA history than MJ. Has the highest playoff PPG by a MILE. Even if you isolate Kobe's runs starting from after Shaq (or including the last 2-3 years where he was at superstar level anyway), he's still behind on both volume and efficiency.

Big guys taking shots on the outside doesn't equate to better shooting as a whole.  Yes, Cousins or Love will take a 3, but that doesn't mean better shooting.  The pool of bigs who can actually stretch the floor are rather small.  The, 'stretch 4' terminology is overly used.  They are basically Ryan Kelly / Kelly Singler types who are stuck in purgatory.  They can't bang on the inside, so their only weapon of choice is from the outside.

Hot Route's analysis will forever be appreciated by me 
pimp.gif

Amazing. I can't even fathom having that amount of strength.
And Kobe never came close to 63 in the playoffs :lol: needed OT to get his only 50 point playoff game. While Jordan is the only player in history with back to back 50 playoff games.

When the games mattered most, there is no better scorer in NBA history than MJ. Has the highest playoff PPG by a MILE. Even if you isolate Kobe's runs starting from after Shaq (or including the last 2-3 years where he was at superstar level anyway), he's still behind on both volume and efficiency.
I hate thinking about Kobe's 50 point playoff game. Should've been one of his all time best playoff games, hitting a go ahead basket in the final seconds of regulation to five his team a 4-2 playoff series upset victory over the MVP, after demoralizing them in game 4, but his own team couldn't secure a rebound and KWAME BROWN couldn't stay in front of Tim Thomas. Smh. The lineup for those final moments was Kobe, Smush, Odom, Walton, and Kwame. Smh.

Please let the Pistons be great this playoffs.

Or the Celtics.

Cuz I know damn well I can't count on my Bulls to be |I

If either of them knock off Lebron early, party at my house. I'll be the one dying of alcohol intoxication. You're invited too Jokegeta Jokegeta

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom