2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by franc
Originally Posted by Blackmanta
Originally Posted by soychulo

87-88

MJ was DPOY and won the scoring title.
Facts
he watched the finals from his couch though.
That wasn't the conversation, though.

Hate when people do that.

They were talking about how you can't be the best on both sides of the ball simultaneously.

You my boy, but LOL
Aye man, 

it is what it is 
laugh.gif

Ding ding , we live in a social media generation where everything is out there now. Back then you rarely get a glinpse of these athletes lives and opinion. I'm sure if they had Twitter back then you would get these similar tweets about Jordan. Just giving respect.
And all of those old timers doing the same would be suckas as well.

Also, in terms of best single seasons, don't forget about Kobe in 2005-2006

We might be witnessing one of the greatest to do it or maybe the greatest to do it when it's all said and done. He has a long way to go but he's on his way!

Like i said ... hes just thehot man right now

It was lebron a few years ago .. kobe before that ...

The way hes already gettin his stick rode, in a few years its gonna be dude from LSU

I'll go ahead and play contrarian/devils' advocate since I'm so used to it.

Steph ain't even close to GOAT.

I'm not just saying, "He ain't the GOAT."

I'm saying not even CLOSE.

Not right now.

"Son, if he keeps this up..."

Exactly. If.

What if he gives another 2/3 years like this, wins another championship or 2 in that time... and then falls off HARD? Then he's got 3 or 3 rings, tons of deep shots, easily top 3 on the all time 3s list... but GOAT? Even if that's how it plays out, that's not even close to dudes who have 4, 5, 6... double digit championships, with just as many FMVPs.

He needs' to do what he's doing for another 7, 8, 9, 10 years to be the GOAT, just like other potential and eventual GOATs before him.

A few seasons does not a GOAT make.

Last edited:

I'll go ahead and play contrarian/devils' advocate since I'm so used to it.

Steph ain't even close to GOAT.

I'm not just saying, "He ain't the GOAT."

I'm saying not even CLOSE.

Not right now.

"Son, if he keeps this up..."

Exactly. If.

What if he gives another 2/3 years like this, wins another championship or 2 in that time... and then falls off HARD? Then he's got 3 or 3 rings, tons of deep shots, easily top on the all time 3s list... but GOAT? Even if that's how it plays out, that's not even close to dudes who have 4, 5, 6... double digit championships, with just as many FMVPs.

He needs' to do what he's doing for another 7, 8, 9, 10 years to be the GOAT, just like other potential and eventual GOATs before him.

A few seasons does not a GOAT make.
Stop making sense

It is easy to say that in 2016......

VERY easy to say that.

Time Bias is kicking in

Just in case you forgot

Kobe Bryant 2005-06 Game Log | Basketball-Reference.com http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bryanko01/gamelog/2006/
Nah nah nah.

Kobe in 06 is one of my top 3 favorite seasons ever from a player. Off the top of my head I know he hit 40+ 25 or more times, 50 or more 6 times, etc.

Kobe wasn't this efficient. Kobe didn't have this type of gravity as a player that season. Stop it.

Curry isn't close to being the GOAT. He's not even close to being top 10 imo.

If he continues on his current pace for the next 10 years he'll definitely be in the coversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom