2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.

yall really feel like this?

i think hes best when off the ball and catches and shoots. him running plays sounds terrible to me

he has gotten better cause he worked on it but a good example is his meltdown against GSW last time they played
What? 

I'm not talking about KD "running plays" even though you can run offense through him.

I'm talking about the Thunder as a team, and how simplistic they are when it comes to their offensive sets.

The way they guarding Steph tonight, lol, it's so obvious they don't want him to eem get a 3 pt shot off

He's getting layups all night cuz of this :rofl:

Last edited:
Everything a team does on offense is a function of the Coach.

Either it's his system or he doesn't stop it, either way he has to own it

No it isn't. All coaches have solid offenses bases / sets that they start from.

But You're fooling yourself if you think Pop, Doc, Carsile, Coach Kerr, etc. call out every single play those teams with imaginative offenses run. 

The best offenses in the league are by and large, the product of the random offense initiated by the players on the floor. Back screens, flair screens, pin downs, backdoors, ball movement, a lot of that is instinctual and not called by the coach.

Literally coach Carsile in Dallas says that he doesn't call much plays, it's called "flow." Thats what the warriors do. That's what the spurs do. You have to have the players with high enough IQ to create offense without being told in order to have the imaginative offenses that the Spurs, Warriors, etc. have. 

Yea whatever.

But You're fooling yourself if you think Pop, Doc, Carsile, Coach Kerr, etc. call out every single play those teams with imaginative offenses run. 

The best offenses in the league are by and large, the product of the random offense initiated by the players on the floor. Back screens, flair screens, pin downs, backdoors, ball movement, a lot of that is instinctual and not called by the coach.

Literally coach Carsile in Dallas says that he doesn't call much plays, it's called "flow." Thats what the warriors do. That's what the spurs do. You have to have the players with high enough IQ to create offense without being told in order to have the imaginative offenses that the Spurs, Warriors, etc. have. 
great post right here. 

yall really feel like this?

i think hes best when off the ball and catches and shoots. him running plays sounds terrible to me

he has gotten better cause he worked on it but a good example is his meltdown against GSW last time they played

nah, he's best as playmaker. this low playmaking IQ/ability talk is a bunch of malarkey. See MVP year, he plays his best as facilitator. "no vigor" just sounds like the antithesis to RWB which I respect is all vigor. It's really just high IQ efficiency. He def has some lacksidasical (sp?) plays but overall he's elite at doing it.

Last edited:
kd gets ripped by green at the 3 point line

hes a play finisher not a play maker

Last edited:

Good basketball game here
pimp.gif

dude has shaky handles. he palms the hell outta the ball but they never call that
His handles aren't shaky, he's just 6'11 
laugh.gif

I mean I guess they are to a degree, but he's a fine ball handler. It's not like people rip him often. He has players on skates and he can create for himself and others off the bounce.

But he does palm it a lot though.

dude has shaky handles. he palms the hell outta the ball but they never call that

His handles aren't shaky, he's just 6'11 :lol:

I mean I guess they are to a degree, but he's a fine ball handler. It's not like people rip him often. He has players on skates and he can create for himself and others off the bounce.

But he does palm it a lot though.

he's a great ball handler against guys that cant move their feet. he's better off taking one dribble and shooting over these guys that can move their feet

Donovan would benefit subbing Afams back in right now to close the half, let's give Singler some minutes and keep it small instead.

Teams got guys in/out of their system playing like they've never played anywhere else. but the system is a product of the players...not the other way around. id rock with a symbiotic stance as it pertains to coaches/players...but that there is head scratcher material

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom