2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
westbrook needs to sign with us next year and have kobe mentor him

kobe is respected enough to be the westbrook whisperer 

Right, because Kobe's has a great track-record of effectively mentoring younger players . . .

Right, because Kobe's has a great track-record of effectively mentoring younger players . . .
please find a single quote from the past 8 years where a lakers player says something negative about kobe's mentorship 

D'Angelo got the Dirk fadeaway down now.

Its a pretty fun shot to shoot. Not that I'm posting anyone up at 5'8", but I spent some time practicing it one day and something about it just feels good to shoot.

Ummmm actually.............. He does, actually for all the flack Kobe gets for being "selfish" most players have had career years playing with him from young players to already established All stars. but i digress.

please find a single quote from the past 8 years where a lakers player says something negative about kobe's mentorship 

i was watching kobe 2006 highlights the other day, and smush parker had a big steal at the end of game 4 vs the suns. kobe practically made out with him on the court.

i felt that was great leadership..until he called him a bum a few years later

Last edited:

Sure. I'll get right on that.

I would mention that Kobe's "mentorship" helped drive Dwight out of LA, but you'll just tell me that doesn't count because Dwight is a weak-minded ***** with no heart. (Which I probably wouldn't argue with).

Last edited:
Also while we are on this subject, i have always found it funny that Kobe is the selfish one, and Lebron is the quintessential "make everyone better" player

If you look at boths track record with All star caliber players, Lebrons game has actually been more detrimental to his super talented teammates, while Kobe has elevated the games of the super talented guys he's played with. Lebron is head and shoulders better at creating opportunity for mediocre players, but as far as actual all star caliber players i'm not sure his game has ever proven beneficial to one outside of Boozer maybe ?

why you had to bring lebron up man
laugh.gif

I would mention that Kobe's "mentorship" helped drive Dwight out of LA, but you'll just tell me that doesn't count because Dwight is a weak-minded ***** with no heart. (Which I probably wouldn't argue with).
dwight never saw kobe as a mentor, he was delusional enough to think that it would be "his team" and spent the whole season upset at everyone respecting kobe more than him.

he had issues with steve nash

he had issues with dantoni

all the other guys saw kobe as the leader

his walnut sized heart could not take all that stress 

Agree with the sentiment that Kobe played better with All-Stars. Lebron ruins PF's man :lol:

And when did Westbrook start having this reputation as a poor decision maker? Whenever I watch him play, he seems to usually make the right plays.

What time and when does the Bron James bash start?

Kobe Tour: 12EST
Bron Needs Help: 4EST
Dwight Sucks: Live On Air

Agree with the sentiment that Kobe played better with All-Stars. Lebron ruins PF's man :lol:

And when did Westbrook start having this reputation as a poor decision maker? Whenever I watch him play, he seems to usually make the right plays.

Guys worshipped WB as a diet last season.

Also while we are on this subject, i have always found it funny that Kobe is the selfish one, and Lebron is the quintessential "make everyone better" player

If you look at boths track record with All star caliber players, Lebrons game has actually been more detrimental to his super talented teammates, while Kobe has elevated the games of the super talented guys he's played with. Lebron is head and shoulders better at creating opportunity for mediocre players, but as far as actual all star caliber players i'm not sure his game has ever proven beneficial to one outside of Boozer maybe ?

Lebron makes spot up shooters better. But marginalizes anyone who can create for themselves ej. Chris Bosh, Kyrie, etc.

maybe since he's entered the league? i don't think it ever changed.

Last edited:

back when bynum was in his prime and just starting to get his confidence mike brown drew up a play for kobe for a GW but kobe told him that they were going to give it to bynum for the win 
pimp.gif

maybe since he's entered the league? i don't think it ever changed.

How exactly are you a poor decision maker, when you are second in the L in assist, meanwhile you play with another superstar who is also Iso'd a lot. Russ has dramatically improved on his decision making over the past two seasons. However at times he does what all other superstars do and takes some tough contested shots.

Overall tho he's far from being a guy who should be known for making the wrong decision.

How exactly are you a poor decision maker, when you are second in the L in assist, meanwhile you play with another superstar who is also Iso'd a lot. Russ has dramatically improved on his decision making over the past two seasons. However at times he does what all other superstars do and takes some tough contested shots.

Overall tho he's far from being a guy who should be known for making the wrong decision.
under pressure  dude always  makes the stupidest decisions and plays out of control. have you not been seeing okc games . 

Last edited:
back when bynum was in his prime and just starting to get his confidence mike brown drew up a play for kobe for a GW but kobe told him that they were going to give it to bynum for the win :pimp:

Must have been making up for getting caught on video saying they should trade Bynum. . .

under pressure dude always  makes the stupidest decision and plays out of control. have you not been seeing okc games . 

yeah lol RW makes bonehead decisions all the time but his talent and athleticism covers up for them. dude's the king of making the most boneheaded plays when there are 6 mins or less left in the game.

idt it's hard to avg as many assists as he does with the thunder talent level and him having the ball in his hand 90% of the time.

Last edited:

back when bynum was in his prime and just starting to get his confidence mike brown drew up a play for kobe for a GW but kobe told him that they were going to give it to bynum for the win 
pimp.gif
Must have been making up for getting caught on video saying they should trade Bynum. . .
kobe was hella immature back in the day, but he's grown up and learned how to be a great leader

cant keep sticking to 10 year old narratives, just like last month I think we were playing OKC when dlo and clarkson were keeping us in the game so kobe told byron to not sub him in so the kids could build confidence 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom