2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity, where did you come up with the standard of a top center being 20 points and 15 rebounds?

My mind. It's what I believe he should do and is capable of doing in the playoffs.

What's a acceptable average for the "best center in the league" points and rebounds in the playoffs in your opinion? Mine for him is 20 & 15.

@darrenrovell: Church's Chicken has been named the official chicken of the Atlanta Hawks.

:smh: :smh: :smh:

@darrenrovell: Church's Chicken has been named the official chicken of the Atlanta Hawks.

mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
wow 

My mind. It's what I believe he should do and is capable of doing in the playoffs.

What's a acceptable average for the "best center in the league" points and rebounds in the playoffs in your opinion? Mine for him is 20 & 15.
In my opinion, there's too much context that has to be accounted for in order to get fixated on a number, or average.

There's so much variance to the playoffs. Health, teammates performance, the opponent, etc. that in my opinion it's silly to use an average line as a means for evaluating someone. Dwight could average 15 and 14 and his impact on a game could supersede that which, if we were to average 20 and 15. You literally just never know when it comes to numbers. Impact, and effect on winning is more important that achieving such arbitrary lines like 20 points, or 15 rebounds, or 10 assist, or things like that.

In my opinion, there's too much context that has to be accounted for in order to get fixated on a number, or average.

There's so much variance to the playoffs. Health, teammates performance, the opponent, etc. that in my opinion it's silly to use an average line as a means for evaluating someone. Dwight could average 15 and 14 and his impact on a game could supersede that which, if we were to average 20 and 15. You literally just never know when it comes to numbers. Impact, and effect on winning is more important that achieving such arbitrary lines like 20 points, or 15 rebounds, or 10 assist, or things like that.

I agree with you. The 15 rebounds I'm flexible on. The 20 PTS though I'm not. Unless your telling me Howard is Deandre Jordan. If that's who he is now cool. I'm still hearing people call him the best though. DMC plays center. 20 PTS is no problem for that guy. I expect more from the best.

Last edited:
I agree with you. The 15 rebounds I'm flexible on. The 20 PTS though I'm not. Unless your telling me Howard is Deandre Jordan. If that's who he is now cool. I'm still hearing people call him the best though. DMC plays center. 20 PTS is no problem for that guy. I expect more from the best.
DMC can put up 20 points, and Howard could put up 14 and Howard's impact on winning could possibly be greater than Cousins. Plus Cousins hasn't even made the playoffs yet. (For a myriad of reasons, not just because of him.)

"20 points" from one individual hardly means much unless that's his primary contribution to winning. The Rockets can win IMO without Dwight being a consistent 20 ppg player. It's more about his impact on winning, and in that regard who knows how many points that should be. Impact on winning supersedes a point average. 

i need 30 and 12 from John Wall this postseason or i can't take him seriously. 30 is nothing to Curry/Westbrook so Wall should be able to do it.

Every time I read it I can't help but say it too, as it reminds me immediately that it's definitely, F Word the Warriors!

No vaseline

Lamb just signed a three-year, $21 million deal with the Pelicans that'll pay him around $7 million annually.

Aminu will earn the most expensive base salary on Portland this year ($8.04 million about).

Basically, IT'S A FLUID SITUATION IN PORTLAND.

Last edited:
Your point is taken. His impact on defense is never a question. Offensively though he's the Rockets big advantage over opposition. He's not playing against great centers who should stop him. His impact in the post doesn't effect Curry or Klay on the perimeter or any other West guards. He has to make that up in some way or else what good is he vs GS for example?

Wall is playing against other good PGs. He's never average 30 points. Howard has averaged 20. I'm asking Howard to do something he's shown he can. Asking Wall to average 30 is crazy.

Last edited:
dlo needs to spend more time before games getting mentally ready than he does playing dressup with himself 

It's just hard for centers to have the same impact offensively as guards in today's league. Different rules and whatnot.

No I say things like Mudiay is shooting below 40% with more turnovers than assists. That's not nitpicking. And I've never compared randle to odom :lol:.

I find it interesting that everyone so heavily invested in the Mudiay/Russell debate go seemingly missing after Mudiay struggles but are present for every lakers game picking dlo apart.

Deight averaged 26-14 in the postseason just two years ago and somehow still was the butt of everybody's jokes.

dwight has led his team to the finals and defeated LeBron in the playoffs. Until Wall does this I don't even want to see his name brought up as a top PG.

Deight averaged 26-14 in the postseason just two years ago and somehow still was the butt of everybody's jokes.

dwight has led his team to the finals and defeated LeBron in the playoffs. Until Wall does this I don't even want to see his name brought up as a top PG.

So Tony Parker is the best PG in the NBA to you? Better then Curry because of rings and Finals MVP correct?

Last edited:
i need 30 and 12 from John Wall this postseason or i can't take him seriously. 30 is nothing to Curry/Westbrook so Wall should be able to do it.

:rofl:

And I won't budge on 30 points. Wall is bigger, stronger and faster than all the PG's in the game. There is no reason he just cant post up all the smaller guards for an 15 easy points a night. All he has to do is turn around and lay it in.

That's how you sound the collector the collector

Your post on the Wizards are usually SPOT on. You seem high outta your mind when you talk about the rest of the NBA though. Idk man lol.

Fans do it to themselves when they always apply these stat lines to players and then wonder what happened.

Ricky Davis put up 20/5/5 and he still wasn't ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom