2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

"Kobe's a great mentor" is Kobe's senior project that he's been working on the past 2 years.

He played with tons of vets early, was too busy dominating in the mid 2000s/didn't care about (yea it's one of those two things no doubt, has to be) "rubbing off" on Joe Crawford, Javaris Crittenton, Devin Ebanks, Andrew Goudelock/Mini Mamba, and Darius Morris. Great mentorship program, so many dudes he raised around him now.
Hey, Metta, who still plays for the Lakers, and Antawn Jamison, who still works for the Lakers, say they learned a lot from Kobe too.
Ebanks

It extends to the Lakers' current training camp where Bryant said he's been "working around the clock" with Ebanks on his game, ranging from working out before practice, encouraging him to create a shot for himself and pulling him aside whenever he makes mistakes. And it goes to where  Bryant has publicly touted Ebanks this week for having a chance to elevate his role at both small forward and shooting guard.

Bryant's compliments toward Ebanks go beyond finding someone -- anyone -- to mitigate the losses from the Lakers trading Lamar Odom to Dallas and the Lakers losing Shannon Brown to Phoenix through free agency. Bryant has shown personal investment in Ebanks' development, and the unassuming second-year player readily admits how much it's made a difference.

Crittenton

To Crittenton, who called the media frenzy surrounding Bryant "a fun experience," Kobe has been "a cool teammate," willing to tutor him during practice.

"Kobe's been helpful at teaching me the different options in the offense," Crittenton said.

"I mean, I ran through the triangle in high school and it was helpful and I'm benefiting from that now, but it's different options and different sequences that you have to go through and he tries to break down the offense for me.

"He tells me, 'You call this play if the team is in a blitz defense,' and, 'If they're in this defense, then you call this play and you try to look at that option and this option.' Reading the defense is what he's really been helping."

For Bryant, working with Crittenton pays forward the good deeds Ron Harper did for him early in his Lakers career. "That was my guy," Bryant said.

"I enjoy doing it for players who I can see have a will. He's extremely talented and he has a great work ethic. . . . It's very easy to pull him aside and help him out.

"In that role, in this system you have to see all your options. Not only see all your options but when to use them, when to use them as counters against the defense. It's like a quarterback almost. He has a big challenge ahead. I'm just going to try to help him out as much as I can."

Gouldelock

"The rules are different here, everything is so much different -- the big games are almost like a stalemate where you're beating each other up, so it comes down to who is executing down the stretch and hitting the big shots,'' Goudelock says. "That's why I went into practice this week wanting to murder everybody. They came up to me after practice and said, `You were really aggressive today, are you OK?' I said I was just trying to get ready. Because my first year, the week before the playoffs, Kobe turned it up. We had a meeting after practice and he said, `You're going to see me going hard because it's playoff time. We need to go hard, be hungry, try to kill whoever we play.' I thought about that before our practice. He's like in my head, like a little genie.''

Morris

On Sunday, Morris gave his thoughts on Lakers all-star Kobe Bryant  via Instagram.

"Honestly I can say he was one of the best [teammates] I had on and off the court," Morris wrote. "He schooled me in the business and lifestyle of the NBA."

"He was never negative or talked down to anybody and I was there where when [he went through] some tough times, but he went out of his way to be helpful towards me, push me and to think big picture in life and to have the mental toughness to remain [focused] and never be satisfied."

Got nothing on joe crawford, who never played a game for the lakers so I guess you can rally behind that with your blind hate

iggy looking like goldie if you know what i mean.

love how tyrone lue stood up to lebron. love i.t

This is still the realest post in the thread.
Originally Posted by erupt107th  

Every once in a while Seaman wants to be taken seriously but the thing is you spend 99% of the time trolling and calling great players washed, losers, and bums. You never miss a chance to **** on LeBron or Chris Paul. Someone states their opinion about Kobe and you wanna serious and take personal shots
laugh.gif

*trolls the thread 24/7/365 Doo Be Doo-style, calling every player in the league washed, garbage, and trash*

*someone else says something about Kobe*

"Hey, what the hell?! Get outta here with your blind hate!"

kid cant counter my fax so tries to insult me 
laugh.gif

always trying to bait me into crossing the line so he can report me again 
laugh.gif

he want's me to be banned so bad 
roll.gif
roll.gif

[QUOTE name="erupt107th" url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/t/638376/2015-2016-nba-regular-season-kobe-bryant-announces-retirement-at-the-end-of-the-season/23660_20#post_24657164[/URL]"]
Every once in a while Seaman wants to be taken seriously but the thing is you spend 99% of the time trolling and calling great players washed, losers, and bums. You never miss a chance to **** on LeBron or Chris Paul. Someone states their opinion about Kobe and you wanna serious and take personal shots :lol:

*trolls the thread 24/7/365 Doo Be Doo-style, calling every player in the league washed, garbage, and trash*

[/quote]

kid cant counter my fax so tries to insult me :lol:

always trying to bait me into crossing the line so he can report me again :lol:

he want's me to be banned so bad :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :lol: :rofl:

Last edited:
I like talking about myself as much as anyone but lets bring the focus of this thread back to basketball

this was an all time classic game 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JD617
Originally Posted by erupt107th  

Every once in a while Seaman wants to be taken seriously but the thing is you spend 99% of the time trolling and calling great players washed, losers, and bums. You never miss a chance to **** on LeBron or Chris Paul. Someone states their opinion about Kobe and you wanna serious and take personal shots
laugh.gif

Few inaccuracies in there, but close enough for a rep for you and erupt.

If I read that correctly, I don't think they are.

I think they're blaming you for trolling the thread 24/7/365, calling every player in the league washed, garbage, losers, bums, and trash, persistently defending Kobe, and never missing a chance to **** on Lebron or Paul.

If I read that correctly.

there's truth to everyone I slander, if I make a false statement then someone should present me with a solid counter argument with facts and I'll stop.

like how came in with the fax and no one has followed up on that topic since, I shut em up

dudes cant refute any of my statements so they choose to come in with the personal attacks 
laugh.gif

I'm just here to talk basketball 
smile.gif

I was gonna make a comment about this last week. Seamans posting style is one of the oddest around. He trolls this thread nonstop and it's one of the better threads on the site, but go look at his posts in general which is basically garbage and the majority of his posts are serious... Confusing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom