2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakers' management really needs to tell Byron to talk to the media as little as possible. Dude says something dumb on a daily basis these days.

@BaxterHolmes: Byron Scott said LAL were concerned @kporzee would take “a little time" to develop: "Obviously, we were probably a little wrong about that."

i guess they thought DLo would be NBA ready right away?

nick. nick. were you the 1 Knicks fan that was cool with the Zinger pick from the beginning? I can't remember. I know it wasn't JRS though :lol:

@BaxterHolmes: Byron Scott said LAL were concerned @kporzee would take “a little time" to develop: "Obviously, we were probably a little wrong about that."

nick. nick. were you the 1 Knicks fan that was cool with the Zinger pick from the beginning? I can't remember. I know it wasn't JRS though :lol:
I think he was angry at first but accepted it rather quickly. It took me listening to Zinger speak on Francesa to give him a chance. Kid seemed like a real good genuine dude so I felt bad being angry at Phil.

Last edited:

sure as hell wasn't me, i was ready to give Phil the hands on draft night :lol:

once i saw him play in Summer League i was a fan. never expected him to have such an impact this early.

I think he was angry at first but accepted it rather quickly. It took me listening to Zinger speak on Francesa to give him a chance. Kid seemed like a real good genuine dude so I felt bad being angry at Phil.

I didn't blame you though. If I was a Knicks fan, I would have wanted them to take someone who seemed more likely to provide immediate returns, rather than a project. Zinger is doing more, earlier than I expected.

I didn't blame you though. If I was a Knicks fan, I would have wanted them to take someone who seemed more likely to provide immediate returns, rather than a project. Zinger is doing more, earlier than I expected.
Yeah and I was big on Mudiay which I still am. I'll be honest I never watched a second of film on Zinger and if I did I may have been more accepting of the pick :lol: a lot of these reports people said about him being soft, needing time, project, etc were so wrong. Kid is a baller. Has some dog in him, plays confidently, isn't afraid of anyone, really excited to watch him develop. Getting Grant on top of that made it a great draft and easier to accept not selecting Mudiay. Filled two holes instead of one.

Last edited:

Unless the Lakers thought Porzingis would develop into a center, they probably didn't want to draft another PF with Randle on the roster.

it's awesome having 2 rookies that you can watch grow & develop. hopefully they're in NY for a long time :smokin

Unless the Lakers thought Porzingis would develop into a center, they probably didn't want to draft another PF with Randle on the roster.
While I could see that concern I don't think it should have swayed them against drafting him. He's versatile enough to play alongside Randle and not detract. Just bring in a bruiser/rim protector like Hibbert or someone else to cycle in.

the Lakers were in a tough spot once Towns was taken

if they drafted DLo: 2 young PG's, Kobe has to play the 3
Okafor: defense is food with Randle at the 4
KP: drafted their PF of the future last season

Hopefully Russell is the prospect that accentuates both Randle and Clarkson's strengths.

Weirdly enough they have a Warriors-vibe to me, the old Curry-Monta-Lee Warriors anyways.

We passed on Okafor & Krispy Po for D'Lo 
mean.gif

The only D'Angelo we acknowledge is.....

sure as hell wasn't me, i was ready to give Phil the hands on draft night :lol:

I know that feeling. Been many draft nights I was ready to choke Clippers management. Most recently when they drafted Aminu over Paul George. I just had a feeling George was going to be special and he actually said he wanted the Clippers to draft him! Our core could have been DJ, Blake, PG, Bledsoe and Eric Gordon. :x Would have been probably the most athletic starting line-up in NBA history. But it all worked out in the end, I guess.

I know that feeling. Been many draft nights I was ready to choke Clippers management. Most recently when they drafted Aminu over Paul George. I just had a feeling George was going to be special and he actually said he wanted the Clippers to draft him! Our core could have been DJ, Blake, PG, Bledsoe and Eric Gordon.
sick.gif
Would have been probably the most athletic starting line-up in NBA history. But it all worked out in the end, I guess.
Or Bullock over Gobert 
mean.gif

Kristaps making a run for ROTY he's up there with Karl Anthony Towns and Okafor right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom