2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many 50 win teams has he actually played in playoffs though?

Compared to the others...
idk

These stats are out there too

Why exactly is 50 wins is the barometer here? Because it’s a nice round number? It sounds good? That’s just nine wins more than a .500 team. Fifty wins is just a good season. Not great. It feels like a player who bats .300 or someone who has 1,000 yards rushing in the NFL. All those numbers sounded better a few years ago before the Statistical Revolution.

Look at this list of the best regular seasons in NBA history (winning percentage .750 or better). Excluding the strike-shortened seasons, and focusing on just the modern era, these players (and their teams, obviously) beat the following 62+ win teams:

* Jordan beat four of them (’96 Sonics, ’97 Jazz, ’93 Suns, ’98 Jazz) in the Finals
* Dwight Howard beat two (’09 Cavs, ’09 Celtics) in the ECS, ECF
* Magic beat two (’85 Celtics, ’91 Blazers) in the Finals, WCF
* Larry beat one ‘(81 76ers) in the ECF
* LeBron beat one (’11 Bulls) in the ECF
* Tim Duncan beat one (’05 Suns) in WCF
* Kevin Durant beat one (’12 Spurs) in WCF
* Dirk beat one (’06 Spurs) in WCS

No ones going to talk about how Lebron is the first player to quit on his team and bench himself mid play?
As one NTer put it "he was just trying to be more like his father"
Cold blooded, b. 
mean.gif

That whole "I would rather not make the playoffs at all than lose in the finals" comments is such a real and honest statement.

I would rather sit at home and watch paint dry than drive all the way to the mall only to watch a hunger games movie

That whole "I would rather not make the playoffs at all than lose in the finals" comments is such a real and honest statement.

It kinda is.

Because the accomplishment of making the Finals at 6 times in 12 year career is overlooked because your team lost in the NBA Finals.

I think only Russell and Magic have more Finals appearances in the first 12 years of their career.

Last edited:
Man what are the odds tnt blacks out the warriors lakers game again? Smh

Well, first of all, it was ESPN (not TNT) that blacked out the Warriors game in their home market, which is required per the broadcasting contract. Second, tonight's game won't be blacked out because it was already on the national TV schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom