2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
D-Lo was the #2 overall pick to the Lakers. There are different expectations for the #2 pick, especially when he's drafted to the Lakers. Idk what's so hard to understand about that.

Mudiay is the 7th pick to the Nuggets, and is contributing on team playing around .500 ball. His assist and TO numbers are similar to some of the good PG's when they were rookies. He's shooting the ball terribly, but that was a known weakness. His turnovers are going down, and his FG% will continue to rise.

D'angelo was supposed to come in and be a contributor right away. Additionally, he was hailed as an elite shooter. He's having trouble adjusting to the NBA line and relies on his jumper too much at this point. He hasn't played up to his billing, plus him giving little effort...and him acting like a star already is the reason for the criticisms. Again, there are different expectations for the #2 pick than the #7.

It really isn't hard to understand.

It's an adjustment. Mudiay has already shown the ability to operate in tight pockets and navigate through defenders. He will improve his finishing percentages in the next few years

Russell should be good too once he gets the keys. Last game he looked like a new player

Mudiay gets to the rim much more than Russell, but finishes worse.

Hmm.

To be fair the lakers run some action to get dlo wide open layups so that's why his % at the rim is so high. It's a combination of the nuggets not doing that for mudiay and him not not being a great finisher (yet?).

But wavy I wasn't talking about draft number or expectations and it's really not about mudiay v russell. It's that when people look at mudiay they overlook everything he does wrong and say he's contributing even tho he's contributing to their losses as well. I think it just comes down to nobody really caring about denver

Being able to get there > finishing at this point. 

I still haven't seen D'Lo beat anyone off the dribble all season. 

deangelo was a "cant miss" according to everyone. he should be playing better, still early, but hasnt shown any signs from what i've seen

Being able to get there > finishing at this point. 

He hardly gets there dude. Majority of his shots are 10 feet and out. Just illustrates my point on how people give him a pass on everything and don't seem to be paying attention. Assumptions without substance

Last edited:
I wonder if the Zin Master planned this outcome. After all DLo started to gain traction when Phil praised him nationally. Was he trying to get the eyes of KP6 ?

Also as much as KP6 has brought joy to my life, the numbers support KAT for ROY. However, KAT has to do a lot more on his team than KP6. He is also being played more minutes. Again, scoreing per 48, KAT is still doing better than KP6.

KAT plays 3 more minutes a game than KP And it wouldn't surprise me if Phil hyped up Russell and them Lakers jumped all over it. Zen master strikes again.

Imagine 6god playing in Philly with Noel :x that seems like a pretty combo.

Last edited:
KAT is better now but KP has the higher ceiling. That's how i see it. Both phenomenal players in different ways.

Karl Towns is already ahead of where AD was when he came into the league. Y'all really being some homers out here. 

KAT actually stated that he had to dumb down his game to play in Kentucky's system .... he said that he can't wait to show his complete game and skills.

I never thought that KP6 was this good, but was happy that we got him. I really didn't want Jal or DLO - those two cats never appealed to me.

When it was the Knicks turned to pick I was like Mudaiy  or Winslow .... a little upset as we all seen the track record of Euro big man, but again glad we did and he is turning out.

Last edited:
D-Lo was the #2 overall pick to the Lakers. There are different expectations for the #2 pick, especially when he's drafted to the Lakers. Idk what's so hard to understand about that.

Mudiay is the 7th pick to the Nuggets, and is contributing on team playing around .500 ball. His assist and TO numbers are similar to some of the good PG's when they were rookies. He's shooting the ball terribly, but that was a known weakness. His turnovers are going down, and his FG% will continue to rise.

D'angelo was supposed to come in and be a contributor right away. Additionally, he was hailed as an elite shooter. He's having trouble adjusting to the NBA line and relies on his jumper too much at this point. He hasn't played up to his billing, plus him giving little effort...and him acting like a star already is the reason for the criticisms. Again, there are different expectations for the #2 pick than the #7.

It really isn't hard to understand.

This doesn't explain how there are many people saying the Lakers took the wrong PG based on a dozen games, when Mudiay has been worse than Russell so far.

This doesn't explain how there are many people saying the Lakers took the wrong PG based on a dozen games, when Mudiay has been worse than Russell so far.
I don't really follow either player, but looking at those stats .... that mid 30% FG is no bueno ... Mudiay must improve that!

There a reason jvg and mj dont call games together anymore? Specifically gsw games?

I get the feeling ESPN has been trying out new combos this season. TNT has as well, putting Brent Barry in the booth a couple times already, along with Grant Hill (who sucks in the booth, btw). It's also possible the Jackson asked off GSW games, which is totally fine. It may be uncomfortable for him after the title run last year.

TNT needs to replace Reggie with Brent, and then boot Shaq off Inside. Then, we will achieve TNT's peak potential.

Read somewhere that Hubie Brown is taking a lighter load of games being that he is 82 years old and the travel is really hard on him. So instead of putting VanGundy and Jackson together on the double header on Wednesday and Friday, they have them do the commentary apart until Christmas primetime game in Golden State and then in late January early Feb., when ABC/ESPN has the Saturday night showcase game and the Sunday afternoon showcase game. At the same time it is getting Jon Barry and ocassionally Doug Collins in the booth so he can get in his used to coach Michael Jordan reference. And out the studio with Jalen and Sage, while Biliups get experience in the studio.

-Basically boils down to Hubie taking a reduced role in calling games.

Last edited:
Read somewhere that Hubie Brown is taking a lighter load of games being that he is 82 years old and the travel is really hard on him. So instead of putting VanGundy and Jackson together on the double header on Wednesday and Friday, they have them do the commentary apart until Christmas primetime game in Golden State and then in late January early Feb., when ABC/ESPN has the Saturday night showcase game and the Sunday afternoon showcase game. At the same time it is getting Jon Barry and ocassionally Doug Collins in the booth so he can get in his used to coach Michael Jordan reference. And out the studio with Jalen and Sage, while Biliups get experience in the studio.

-Basically boils down to Hubie taking a reduced role in calling games.

Ah, that makes sense. Funny, because for some reason I feel like I've heard Hubie more this season, or maybe he's doing games I'd assume Breen and JVG would normally do. Makes sense they don't have the A Team together until Christmas, then on Saturdays/Sundays after that. Can't wait for the Saturday night show case. I like them mixing things up like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom