2015-2016 San Antonio Spurs Thread: Tim Duncan Retires After 19 Seasons

GG. Glad to see Lamacrus look more comfortable in the offense as the game went on.

Tim, Tony, and Manu setting records 
pimp.gif

Side note I'm going to see the Spurs play the Knicks tomorrow 

Last edited:
GG. Glad to see Lamacrus look more comfortable in the offense as the game went on.

Tim, Tony, and Manu setting records :pimp:
[rule]

Damn lucky you, I wonder if I still can cop tickets. Makes it better cause it's my only off day tomorrow

Tim, Tony, and Manu setting records 
pimp.gif

Damn lucky you, I wonder if I still can cop tickets. Makes it better cause it's my only off day tomorrow
Stubhub is where I got mine. Had to pay a markup but I only get to see them in person once a year can't even trip over that.

That's dope, get to watch the Spurs live in MSG! Hope they get revenge from last years loss and they all play!

Last edited:
My terrible pics even though I had good seats.
7re70xQqGHA7tONKnbxKWbsgRc-QRlwt0ZM-YJb4SfYR4SavGh99-gtsyF0M-QVeekXpJiZVXuP3N4L23CzlqyXuT7hC7TtXLDkpmnQ2JZiLTavGc0hbZO8NfUIvdhKdq0IE3Z42BV64vAMe3QqsVpsHh0ioIWzDPREAUmZyN3YWRhotUbaAZJ3wuaMPp2dKBz7qW_L3uUgoK2VkaDk0rUvR0JgYpqM_lrustixYMe5M12TFq0qi9GzJUeTjZZ5YqqTjsneCy72xsfqwiocPBGpH4T3qs-mBDyVbnYF2knweojFOacSHfCiRrEHIu-4gyn-NcDPsFeqqS8OVIP5CcroHAJWSh2z4M1e6y6-0LZlBWLPUmdR4c4sxGsW_eCIruqlDvJ_nM1zRMGgJwZprDQhjHsZMDI6hHFF5vOPnQItT5-4Nsd5HxKfysD2Ka99PFv1C1UmyCqAaTxcaaqBEOCcAXbH-fyNci-j5OqLsID-YX3c9IfdgJJYZZFs-iJtLrLGC42LJq4u5ZxpwAMq3ZZYFyPRY7zmC5479l5rSFMuJ=w1266-h712-no

li15FUV4iOIo9tRdboR45ZDAqwY6gdLhvXSxRNW067LYo72FvmgF7QeEeTVm9BHnUV8y7hgCrsdgsa42S_bRnqWjJ43almo9bj3f_jLi9WBej1o9Ofk4s98Nvp4ary12XC64G7jpFISFa5r6scMpQk05Up05dYtT1i_NU5QI4hwPAlVtWoCBoxV8PoiGuvohPV0Ab9xUKDUzY7iJfD8wxPubucsedtsQ176suL_hbd4qO4oOM0UNq9tdyId0Eyl6F5o2CTDHuLNrrGa01aoMwMOkPEh9caR2Fv9VtL5fPkamw0PxL1ZE-Sr5sXbqJNW-08DNJ7C1TuafApLWDgldjongclq4I3hx6WKMUUlsNEEOtmhRk8wHXCSlHuCoYrioXFgnHacl5OqhY-pYu5kydRm_OtPBTS_8p0HUZ0hlnyFp1KmsDOXo7ECq2fKGeO7aPkSzgo-BBgVQakUKtx-aeW4baYEuijC5BTRo6ofevXkuKufQOqQoBDPq5yS2eyYEwe5hg3iQxNXNyXWbun35wXUrXq_BK_uhwvKjsJI1Xjjr=w1266-h712-no
R3WY2RNtv3t-Fz4cv6b8Awpe9O05c2RSGXnyVuzD0gXJgLKD0E5QJM1XSsnGpiWbe8P_sUnOZI7QbpG58M3xvFKJbTjqwVE4-4av-8ixCrnITg1LWTcwwSflItjlTUeM1V3OmB4hir1m0NWmK3TNaLqUdS9y80_YURZYg8szoPiZkFG0_1wbwz2d3dHu01B_VgjEK7o9IL02KFkT0vVzO_a0JvzXDxhWGPEZCkT762TxSsIxbluG36srUNsVM6FSsluJ-kQgPSHAKw355NTMMHBT9nJ7b3exOa1TJNogbQ0NcGKRDl-sN709S4Kut8QS2B0STH3ygeDMSQXuq8l3sgv7r3tLe77p4wAr__AOdHiWqZHQLMdNQbpxNzY4fsAXeIPTW4le-KtMNKjO4ymxCjiaVqkb6bLfnGC_i65RPWgqfYn0Y_YTsdASB6EHeBEh8_prV5GnAY2p1x13LDYf4Xe4wUOHye90HqZMyz8W51DZ9_8qpzqvdt0Af9vnb08kk_dpq4tZwD__7l34AoRvW3qk2bs8hQ3Qp6beb0HOsrz9=w401-h712-no

If someone can find this hat I would appreciate it. Such a nice hat, it had a trophy and the title years on the side.

7EwP-D3HX9zMjZfXKc5nuyCAVC7fxu8ernlMQfZnz3ZgwpCkpUnMNSoe_WUp487uOSCghH3pD2RZtARadgXvIhs3bv_Sti19wptNJeLW_wLNZytiRrw3nhil3Qv8Qf8H8d-mFlhak7uy1hTCBbD6vu2E9qpCCqtANVNatnf2p3ix2EBRvgaLYR-SGSHJS66kJfJIuPF1qnhxN8-XBqcqfN8pduZb26pzTWUrDouBZTpkhG6jA1CysNqRq_N7lfeK2ttW8WrhjyHnJNvFnSYJMFLU5RX1J1V72Am-tscEsvEWCn33zLyv3HFww_rw7aWJ5lhFA9A-ExZgiZLB_kaTGDeKKgIOCME8Hm5O0R45dE2kxVJTikZ72lNZzGuUZe-1gMSP_od8THSYW3kK6NynZUkWlPwPButR9ZuMQ2NHvvGpmxhuQ9OD397GHhtMBswOYN_x-_6ofo44gli1rbpvWWLPojOa6rS4aWrsSwEy4Z2Z6HmVjbW6CSGgT4Hb4vcBbGm9DmrJejGGgMFk-R0wWO4V5zf14Z3pFYTVxWdGOYEG=w1266-h712-no

li15FUV4iOIo9tRdboR45ZDAqwY6gdLhvXSxRNW067LYo72FvmgF7QeEeTVm9BHnUV8y7hgCrsdgsa42S_bRnqWjJ43almo9bj3f_jLi9WBej1o9Ofk4s98Nvp4ary12XC64G7jpFISFa5r6scMpQk05Up05dYtT1i_NU5QI4hwPAlVtWoCBoxV8PoiGuvohPV0Ab9xUKDUzY7iJfD8wxPubucsedtsQ176suL_hbd4qO4oOM0UNq9tdyId0Eyl6F5o2CTDHuLNrrGa01aoMwMOkPEh9caR2Fv9VtL5fPkamw0PxL1ZE-Sr5sXbqJNW-08DNJ7C1TuafApLWDgldjongclq4I3hx6WKMUUlsNEEOtmhRk8wHXCSlHuCoYrioXFgnHacl5OqhY-pYu5kydRm_OtPBTS_8p0HUZ0hlnyFp1KmsDOXo7ECq2fKGeO7aPkSzgo-BBgVQakUKtx-aeW4baYEuijC5BTRo6ofevXkuKufQOqQoBDPq5yS2eyYEwe5hg3iQxNXNyXWbun35wXUrXq_BK_uhwvKjsJI1Xjjr=w1266-h712-no

This was a LMA's best game as a Spur, without question. First game he started looking for his from the beginning of the game and is just shooting it when he gets a look that he likes rather than trying to make an uneeded pass. The foul trouble halted a lot of that but I like what I saw out of him

Portland next :evil: :evil: :evil:.

Hoping this is the game that really lights a fire under LaMarcus.

Anyone starting to feel like we should give up on the idea of him being a 24 ppg dominate the basketball guy? I've never seen this kind of scoring drop-off between a team change before.

Most important game of the season so far tonight. Hoping this is the game that lights a fire under LaMarcus

Leaving work early to make sure I don't miss a second of this game. This won't bode well for me tomorrow but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Spurs struggled to close out the game today, 2nd unit didn't execute/looked unenthused! 

I've always said that chemistry is what will make or break this team.  Sometimes Kawhi/LMA would get in each others way etc. but so far I think it's been a very positive 9 games.

My thoughts so far:

Danny Green hasn't been shooting as well so far this season, but his D has been there.  I hope he works on his off the dribble game, because defenders can close out on him quickly and his first step isn't as great.  This is something Bellineli did well, albeit his defense was non-existent.  

TP9 has been patchy too and Pop has rested him quite well.  I hope he gets his groove back, he is the engine of the team.  Every time he plays with pace and is aggressive - the team feeds off this and plays well.  

LMA - slowly figuring out the system.  It's progressing at a liner rate which is great.  There are times when he's not shooting his shot, but Pop said something like "Make me tell you off for shooting too much" - what a great coach!  Great win for him in Portland.  Didn't try to show anyone up, just put his head down and did the work - all class.

TD21 - legend.  

Manu - looks younger, more hungrier and more competitive - he is the heart of the 2nd unti.

Bobo - Soul of the 2nd unit.  Such a high IQ, this guy is underrated.

Patty Mills - shooting great, doing well in the 2nd unit.  Really impressed.  He'll be a key factor in the later stages of the season and playoffs.

Rasul Butler - great addition, experience.  He'll also play a key part as the season goes on.

David West - He's an absolute steal.  Very rugged and hard-nosed, but also has a high IQ.  He's going to work well with LMA/TD21.

SloMo - up and coming, kid's doing well.. I expect him to have a few great games down the stretch.

I think we're in good shape, come All Star break we should be contesting for a top 3 spot in the West.

Can't wait to play OKC/Houston/GSW - I really want us to knock GSW off the charts and show the world that the Spurs are a force to be reckoned with!

We need to discuss what's going on with this team. Regardless of record we aren't playing the way we should be. LaMarcus still looks like he's having trouble finding his way a bit and Danny Green........ I'm angry at Danny Green right now.

We need to discuss what's going on with this team. Regardless of record we aren't playing the way we should be. LaMarcus still looks like he's having trouble finding his way a bit and Danny Green........ I'm angry at Danny Green right now.
For some reason Danny Green always has the ball in his hands as the shot clock winds down.  For the defense this is great, for us it's a bad sign.  DG defense > offense.  Danny simply cannot create offense off the dribble - something Marco was so good at albeit with the defensive ability of a 13yr old girl.  You've got to acknowledge that defense > offense in this Spurs system, which justifies Danny's contract.  We have ample offense.  The ball needs to go into either Kawhi or LMA hands when our offensive set isn't executed. 

LMA still needs time to get used to the system.  He's got to realize he's not going to be the no. 1 option anymore, and he'll be doing a lot more of the 'rubbish' intangible work for this team.  Think weakside ball screens, dragging the defense away etc.  There's definitely hesitation in his game - but it's just a matter of time.  

I've noticed we go through long stretches where he doesn't even touch the ball!  I think the ball needs to touch his hands every set and from there he'll need to use his smarts and our teams offensive awareness on whether he goes 1-on-1 or looks for the open man.  It's this patience and trust that he's lacking at the moment.  Here's some food for thought:  You'd rather be winning and figuring out his role in the team than losing and figuring it out.

TP9 needs to stay aggressive, when he plays well the team generally plays well.  We don't have a great backup PG (like Cory) who can initiate the offensive sets.  Manu has been brilliant, he's such a competitor and the xfactor.  How does a 39yr old outplay 25yr old athletic guards?  What a great player.  He's the our key for the 2nd unit. 

Guys - 13 games into the season, 3 'winnable' loses and we're still in 2nd place.  It's still early days.  We're only going to get better as the season ticks on.  We shouldn't be worried.  

If i'm pop i'm looking at the Thunders, Mavs, Clippers, Grizzlies.  Those are the teams we're ideally competing against.  GSW are on whole another level right now.  It'll be silly to match them and their performance at moment.  

On a side note - what do you reckon of LMA 'double' hand shake? 

The LMA not touching the ball thing was my number one concern when the season first started but that was me expecting too much too early. He will pick it up eventually.

I want to feel for Danny the way he's getting the ball is different than previously but it can't be so much that his production has basically halved in a year where he was supposed to have an increased offensive responsibility.

At least TP9 isn't looking like a corpse anymore. Career high in FG%

What handshake :nerd:

Danny's production has definitely dropped.  He used kind of just lurk on the 3pt line after numerous ball rotations and be free for 3s.

I'd image the league has caught up on our offense and they'll look out for Danny in particular.  As long as he's hitting his open shots and playing lockdown defense, I can't complain. 

TP9's gotta keep it up, he's key.  

The handshake is kind of like a double high-five in quick succession lol

Back
Top Bottom