• Scooby Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yea it wasn't looking good for Tony Brown either Treadwell is too good. Hat tip to the Ole Miss offense.

And count me in the group that thinks the Heisman is Gurley's to lose. A good year for a non QB to win it.

And yea that old Florida power run spread offense that Miss St is running looks good but that front 7 looks even meaner. Outside of Ogbuehi the rest of A&Ms offensive line was looking well overmatched.

gameday is coming to starkville!

after having never been to mississippi, this will now be the second week in a row. also, mississippi state has the dubious distinction (after this past week) of being the only SEC team never to host gameday. glad that will only last a week.

and does anyone remember the 2008 auburn-mississippi state game that ended 3-2??

hard to believe 6 years later they'll be meeting as #3 and #2.

and one last observation: the football gods have a sick sense of humor ranking us at #3 TIED with ole miss. this marks mississippi state's highest ranking ever and (i believe) the first time they've ever received first place votes. saturday is going to be huge.

i think will ferrell should be our guest picker....

#hailstate #morecowbell

Victor Blackwell quit the team. Skipped practice two weeks ago and now it's being reported by coaches they haven't seen or heard from him in two weeks. They reached out to his parents and apparently it's because he's mad he's buried behind freshmen on the depth chart. Still hasn't spoken to coaches though.

I got both Mississippi schools losing this week, TCU, UCLA, UGA and somehow UNC pulls off the upset even that defense is :x

I'd be shocked if Mississippi State defeats Auburn, even at home. Beating LSU in Baton Rogue, just to be rewarded with A&M and Auburn back-to-back. I like Mullen and love Dak, but just don't see Mississippi State pulling another rabbit out the hat. Even with an emphasis on stopping the run and forcing Marshall to beat you with his arm. That's Auburn's vulnerability offensively, lack of balance. With that being said, Mullen's boys are my top ranked CFB team currently.

So if Auburn is controlling MSU's rushing offense can Prescott beat them with his arm.

Those 2 teams are super identical.

TROY, Alabama – Legendary Troy University football head coach Larry Blakeney  will retire following the conclusion of the 2014 season. Blakeney, who is in his 24[sup]th[/sup]  season at Troy, informed his staff and team following Troy's practice Sunday night.

Blakeney and Athletic Director John Hartwell  will hold a press conference Monday at 10 a.m. in the Tine Davis Fieldhouse Auditorium. Select Troy student-athletes will be available to speak to the media beginning at 11:30 a.m. on the fifth floor of the Veterans Memorial Stadium press box tower.

Blakeney currently ranks seventh among active coaches with 175 career victories, which is one shy of former Auburn head coach Shug Jordan for the third most by a coach in the state of Alabama.

Troy hosts New Mexico State on Saturday in Veterans Memorial Stadium. Troy's Homecoming contest is scheduled to kickoff at 2:04 p.m. and will be broadcast live on ESPN3.
Took the program from D2 to FBS. 

[h2]Houshun Gaines 'catfished' on Twitter[/h2]
Oct 5, 9:20 AM

When word of Rocky Mount (N.C.) Nash Central defensive end Houshun Gainesannounced a commitment to Florida at a ceremony held at his high school Friday afternoon, it came as a shock to many. As reported by 247Sports shortly after word spread of his announcement, the Gators were not in a position to accept his commitment at that time, especially with five-star defensive ends Byron Cowart and CeCe Jefferson considered heavy Florida leans.

So who had Gaines been in contact with at Florida the past several weeks?

Nash Central athletic director Michael Mosley tells Andrew Ivins of the Rocky Mounty Telegram it was someone posing as a member of the Florida football staff on Twitter. Ivins wrote the following:

For the past month and a half, Gaines had thought he was communicating on social media with a member of the Gators coaching staff. He said just minutes after he committed on Friday, that person was Florida assistant coach Brad Lawing.

But that couldn’t have been further from the truth.

Gaines – according to Nash Central athletics director Michael Mosley – was catfished.

He wasn’t talking to Lawing, he was talking to someone who was posing as Lawing.

To read Ivin's complete account of what went down with Gaines and his commitment that never was Click HERE.

It's more insane that AZ wasn't ranked in top 25 prior to this win than it is for them to jump in top 10.

Both made/make sense to me though, and neither are crazy.

What's insane about it? Haven't played anyone, needed a Hail Mary to beat Cal (not going to go into how bad Cal is. ), then beat Oregon.

Arizona is good, not top ten good. Middle of the road, surprise and beat a top team here and there. That's Arizona.

You shouldn't say how bad another team is when you're team gave up a Hail Mary in which USC was defending their own teammates instead of the other team :lol:

Have ya seen Mauck play this yr? He is awful.
If Mizzu has a chance at anything it is be of their RBs and defensive line.

Last edited:

It's more insane that AZ wasn't ranked in top 25 prior to this win than it is for them to jump in top 10.

Both made/make sense to me though, and neither are crazy.
What's insane about it? Haven't played anyone, needed a Hail Mary to beat Cal (not going to go into how bad Cal is. ), then beat Oregon.

Arizona is good, not top ten good. Middle of the road, surprise and beat a top team here and there. That's Arizona.
You shouldn't say how bad another team is when you're team gave up a Hail Mary in which USC was defending their own teammates instead of the other team
laugh.gif
So you're saying we're at least as bad as you?

Something going down in Gainesville today. Monday presser cancelled and some reporters suggesting bad news

Back
Top Bottom