• Scooby Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't get this whole Title IX thing....if his bm never pressed charges how/why can Title IX be used against him 

I don't get this whole Title IX thing....if his bm never pressed charges how/why can Title IX be used against him 
It's based on how the university handled the initial investigation. If there's suspicion of a Title IX violation they're obligated to look into regardless.

Under Title IX the school has to provide a safe environment for all students regardless of sex, race, etc. Even though his girl may not want charges pressed against him, they're going to look into the circumstances around the assault. Also the police can still press charges against him even without her cooperation. Domestic assault can be prosecuted without the cooperation of the victim, for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
I was under the impression that they have to look into it regardless if there was a possible mishandling of the case my the school

Scott Roussel of FootballScoop had a really interesting interview with ESPN 104.5 yesterday morning.

Spoke a lil bit about Ed O, and the SMU job.  Mentioned RR, tOBC, and McElwain as guys whose names are getting some buzz for the UF job, and OU AD Joe Castiglione as a guy whose is getting some buzz for the Michigan AD job.  Doesn't think Mullen to UF is going to happen, and that DB is not going to survive.

http://footballscoop.com/news/footballscoop-radio-104-5-espn-interview/

It's based on how the university handled the initial investigation. If there's suspicion of a Title IX violation they're obligated to look into regardless.

Under Title IX the school has to provide a safe environment for all students regardless of sex, race, etc. Even though his girl may not want charges pressed against him, they're going to look into the circumstances around the assault. Also the police can still press charges against him even without her cooperation. Domestic assault can be prosecuted without the cooperation of the victim, for obvious reasons.
ohhhhh got ya

I knew about the police part but the whole Title IX thing threw me off. Every example I ever noticed had to do w/ female sports at universities until this year. Guess I never really paid attention to it 

Off topic but @Jewbacca2 tell me bout some of these Aggie female soccer players though

B1Mv1MzCEAAojIM.jpg

SEC champs indeed.

Last edited:
aye UL know how to choke big games on Thursdays nights :lol: :x

Same thing happened last year vs. UCF :evil: :pimp:

People will lose sleep worrying about FSU

the season always plays itself out no matter who is on your schedule

Last edited:
^ Seriously the kid didn't even have a name on the back of his jersey, when Bud from Tomahawk Nation doesn't know who is in the game even I get nervous. Hopefully FSU wins these next few game, because a month off before the playoffs would do this team a world of good when it comes to injuries.

Bud from Tomahawk Nation is the most annoying writer covering a CFB team. By a longshot.

Bud trolls rival fan bases (esp Miami) for clicks ppl have to stop feeding into it. Just like these Fox/SI/ESPN/Bleacher writers

His game/team analysis is top notch though. And his connections in the program are very very legit

Last edited:
It pisses me off so much when these ego driven coaches abandon the run game. Michael Dyer should have ended that game with 250 yards EAAAAAAAAASY

It pisses me off so much when these ego driven coaches abandon the run game. Michael Dyer should have ended that game with 250 yards EAAAAAAAAASY
The play calling in the 3rd and 4th quarter blew my mind. 3rd and short... let's throw a fade!

Wish Steve Addazio had that kind of ego
mean.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom