Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So Da'Vante Phillips from Miami Central is pretty good
my boy down here is a seminoles guy and has been saying he's better than ermon lane for a few years i use to give him the stink eye cus im high on ermon lane but damn this kid is real . he seen him in person and says he's freaking HUGE for his listed size, brah has a straight up grown man build in highschool

Last edited:
Gunna...what's the word out of the Tennessee camp on Jefferson? Saw he's announcing tomorrow. Sounds like he might be Georgia bound.

Last edited:
my boy down here is a fsu fan and has been saying he's better than ermon lane for a few years i use to give him the stink eye cus im high on ermon lane but damn this kid is real . he seen him in person and says he's freaking HUGE for his listed size, brah has a straight up grown man build in highschool

Hopefully they'll be able to push eachother to be great at the same school.

And yeah, Phillips is ready to contribute, physically, as soon as he steps on the campus of his choice

im ok with davante phillips leaving town if those death threats are even kinda true , some poster on a canes forum said something along the lines of " if you run now your gonna keep running the rest of your life , you gotta be a man " probably #caneshades username lmfao

Last edited:
Sark released the depth chart today and Ajene Harris is starting at the slot as a true freshman :pimp:

kid was a 2 star at Crenshaw (played QB in HS). Tee Martin was at some camp and loved what he saw, he really put in work to get him an offer. Hell of an evaluation

Last edited:

SUNDAY BUZZ COLUMN

No, director Billy Corben  assures, the much-anticipated ESPN sequel to the “U” documentary will not evolve into The Nevin Shapiro Show.

“This is not what the movie is about,” Corben said, as he and producerAlfred Spellman  craft another two-hour film about the University of Miami football program, set to air sometime this winter.

“Make no mistake, [the Shapiro saga] will be in there, but the focus is on the 2001 team.”

Even so, UM declined to participate, just as it did for the first film, which debuted in 2009 and drew the most viewers (2.3 million) ever for an ESPN documentary to that point.

This time around, UM denied their request to speak with presidentDonna Shalala, coach Al Golden, offensive line coach Art Kehoe  and strength and conditioning coach  Andrew Swasey.

“This is not a surprise to me but perhaps not the wisest strategy,” Corben said. “I’m never shocked but always disappointed by UM. They’re perpetually in damage control mode. Nobody wants to see the documentary the administration wants you to see. People want to see the unauthorized story.”

Corben said UM tried to obstruct the process during the first movie “but the consternation they needlessly caused us last time was a positive for us. I was shocked the last time how they treated us.”

Corben wanted to speak with Shapiro, but inmates in federal prisons are not permitted to do on-camera interviews, Corben said.

Shapiro couldn’t speak by phone with Corben because he said Shapiro’s phone and email privileges were revoked.

“There is some very compelling new information we’ve received to offer something new to the Shapiro narrative,” Corben said, declining to detail the information because he understandably wants to use it in the movie. “We have received a lot of insights that shed light on previous allegations or refute prior allegations. Not new allegations but new information that we’ve received on the record.”     

Corben assures that none of the new information could result in a new NCAA investigation.

Several players agreed to discuss the Shapiro scandal, on camera, and Corben and Spellman are deciding how much of that to incorporate. We hear former safety Randy Phillips  spoke candidly, on-camera, about the perks Shapiro gave players.

“For some, it was a sensitive subject,” Corben said. “Some were outright cool talking about it. Some brought it up themselves.”

Corben and Spellman interviewed close to 30 people. Among them: Ed Reed, Bryant McKinnie, DJ  Williams, Jonathan Vilma, Phillip Buchanon, Santana Moss  and Sinorice Moss.

The documentary begins where the last one left off, in 1992.

“It’s not a dissimilar arc to the first movie – the rise and fall [of the program],” Corben said. “The bulk of the story is coming out of the Pell Grant scandal, the NCAA sanctions of 1995, the SI cover story of 1995 and what Butch Davis  did.

“You have this down-on-its-luck team experiencing a lot of issues, and in comes Butch Davis and he builds it even better than years before. Those 2000, 2001 and 2002, what should have been three consecutive national championships, that’s the primary focus.

“They had 17 first-round picks and nearly 40 players from a single roster that ended up in the NFL; 2001 is not only greatest college team of all time but probably the greatest NFL team ever assembled. The idea that after the devastating sanctions of the early-to-mid 90s, the idea you could not only rebuild the program to former glory, but surpass that, is a measure of hope for the future.”

That aspect of the story held personal meaning for Corben, who was a UM freshman in 1996.

Though Corben and ESPN share editorial control, he said the network has not pushed him to include more about the Shapiro scandal.

Corben originally planned to incorporate the 2001 team into the first documentary but realized there would not be enough time to fit that into a two-hour film. Corben pitched ESPN on a sequel in 2010 and 2011, before doing another critically-acclaimed and highly-rated movie for ESPN (Broke, about athletes squandering money).

“I gave up any hope we would do [the sequel],” he said. “Then, very early this year, the opportunity came from them. I said, ‘Hell, Yeah.’”

The name of the film has not been determined.

Bono  would be pissed if we called it U2,” Corben said. “At the moment,The U Part 2  is the working title. Names are above my pay grade. The [original movie] was entitled Hurricane Season. ESPN said, ‘Why don’t we call it the U?’”

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...canes-heat-marlins-chatter.html#storylink=cpy
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...ball-dolphins-canes-heat-marlins-chatter.html

Two, full length docs on the University of Miami eh?

Surely we could film like a short commercial or something for Georgia.

Could name it, #EveryoneInTheSECWinsButUs

Or #ForeverExcuses

#GeorgiaBridesmaids

*Looks at date on Georgia's last national title*

*Laughs uncontrollably*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom