2015 Hyundai Genesis priced from $38,000*

Today's rear-wheel-drive 2014 Hyundai Genesis sedan with the model's base 3.8-liter V6 starts at $35,200. Come the new 2015 model, Hyundai has announced that price of entry will climb to $38,000. And if you're so inclined, the Korean automaker will include its new HTRAC all-wheel drive setup for $2,500, for a bottom line of $40,500. The extra $2,500 for AWD rewards you with more than improved foul-weather handling, as the HTRAC model prepared for cold climes with standard heated steering wheel and rear seats, as well as headlight washers.

If that's not enough power, stepping up to the company's well-liked Tau 5.0-liter V8 requires $51,500, a marked $4,100 bump over the price for its 2014 model equivalent, but then again, there's more standard equipment. And that's pretty much the top of the line, because the big eight-cylinder can't be had with all-wheel drive. (Note: *All prices are subject to a $950 destination fee).

Having successfully kept the Genesis' starting price below $40,000 even after handling and destination, Hyundai has thrown new equipment into the base car beyond its exterior and interior redesign. Gewgaws like paddle shifters, rain-sensing wipers, power folding outside mirrors, power height and lumber-adjustable passenger seat and one-touch power windows in the rear compartment are luxury touches that add more than their raw weight in upscale perception.

The 2014 car currently offers a Premium Package for $4,400, after which you can add the Technology Package for $4,300. The 2015 option structure comprises three packages that also can be stacked: Signature, a $4,000 grouping, includes items like a panoramic roof, power tilt and telescoping wheel and blind spot detection with rear cross-traffic alert; Technology relieves buyers of $3,500 for lane-keep assist, adaptive cruise control and a seven-inch TFT dash cluster; and Ultimate asks $3,500, but plants the flag with matte finish wood and aluminum trim, a 9.2-inch navigation screen and dual-mode climate control with the drowsiness-fighting CO2 sensor.

The departing 2014 Genesis V8 doesn't offer any extra packages, but for the new 2015 model, that changes with the $3,250 Ultimate Package – and it already adds the Technology Package from the 3.8-liter as standard. Ultimate buyers receive continuous damping control suspension and a head-up display, among other goodies.

Counting everything, you won't have a hard time getting rather spendy with the 2015 Genesis sedan, but Hyundai appears to have made it possible to get into its much sharper presentation for a good price. The press release below has all the details.

01-2015-hyundai-genesis-fd-1.jpg

03-2015-hyundai-genesis-fd-1.jpg

02-2015-hyundai-genesis-fd-1.jpg

06-2015-hyundai-genesis-fd-1.jpg

07-2015-hyundai-genesis-fd-1.jpg

2015-hyundai-genesis-interior-00-1.jpg

2015-hyundai-genesis-interior-01-1.jpg

2015-hyundai-genesis-interior-02-1.jpg

2015-hyundai-genesis-interior-03-1.jpg

2015-hyundai-genesis-interior-04-1.jpg

Thoughts? Are we about, "it's still a Hyundai" line?

I see Mazda 6, Audi A7/8 and Merc 550. Good ole' Hyundai recipe, take parts from other vehicles, and build your own. Good looking car though.

Maaan **** this, hot linking pics don't work :lol:

Last edited:
will forever hate hyundai simply because they copy other manufactures style instead of making their own :x

garbage

I'm a fan of Hyundai after I started working on them.

The 4 door Genesis would get taken to the back of the lot for a "test drive" before I finished with it :pimp:

Last edited:
beautiful car. but the way automakers prices are rising up and up is unacceptable. 38,000 for a base-trim hyundai? cant.

Last edited:
im not car expert, but ****** be quick to dismiss something just because they been trained to equate certain names with "luxury" 

see a rapper wearing it, oh it must be the **** 

see a rapper driving it, oh it gotta be the **** 

this car could be way overpriced, but lemme hear that from a person in the business that knows wtf they talking about 

not ****** that justify spending $500 on a Jordan and say **** like, "it's an Adidas....." 

speaking in general, no shots fired at anyone in particular 

im not car expert, but ****** be quick to dismiss something just because they been trained to equate certain names with "luxury" 

this car could be way overpriced, but lemme hear that from a person in the business that knows wtf they talking about 

not ****** that justify spending $500 on a Jordan and say **** like, "it's an Adidas....." 

really glad u added this cuz i started loading bullets in the magazine lol. i actually REALLY like hyundai and i want my next car to be a 2013 fully loaded kia optima so brand doesnt bother me lol.its just as an ex-car salesman who used to push hyundais out the door for 20...seeing them start at 38 hurts my feelings lol

will forever hate hyundai simply because they copy other manufactures style instead of making their own :x

garbage

I don't know anything that looks like the current gen Sonata though.

But when it comes to the next gen (2015) Sonata and Genesis, I agree with you.

Word.

We need OJ da Juiceman to rap about pushing a Genesis same color as thunder, b.

Wait wait dammit hold up just a ******* minute

There putting a v8..... In a Hyundai?

That's deep

not bad tho. I wish they would've removed the plate holder on the front of the grill before showcasing the car.

Like someone said I see the Mazda 6 right off the bat.

It's a nice looking car but for that price I'd go elsewhere

Absolutely in love with the genesis. Can't wait for the new one it's probably gonna be my new car purchase.
Drove the 2012 around and feel in love. Luxury power everything for way less then a Lexus, mb, etc.

Also the warranty. Can't beat it

I see so many different cars in that car it's not even funny. BMW 750, Audi A7, chrysler grill, etc. I give hyundai props for turning it around the last 5 years or so, but I still can't see myself driving one.

My dad has older one and they definitely got some pop to em. Pretty fun to drive
ok thanks. i was wondering did they put the effort into it as regards handling, cause I have a 2012 sonata 2.0T (yeah i know that's 2 slots below the genesis) and although it's supposed to be a sporty sedan (with 280 horse/torque), the handling leaves a lot to be desired. Understeer like a mutha sucka. fwd ftl.

sorry to t/j

EDIT: as i read the article again, it specifically mentions that the genesis is rwd, so that would def support your statement that it's fun(ner than my sonata) to drive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom