2015 Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge vol. Infiniti GTR

"The Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge Is The GT-R Sedan We've Always Wanted"

View media item 839765
They did it. They finally did it. Today in Geneva the hood was lifted on the Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge, and it has the engine we've always wanted: the 3.8-liter twin-turbo V6 from the Nissan GT-R with 560 horsepower and 443 pound-feet of torque.

The last time I hung out with Infiniti CEO Johan De Nysschen, he swore up and down that slotting a GT-R engine into one of their sedans was probably not a thing that was going to happen. Turns out ol' Johan pulled a fast one on us. A very, very fast one that the Germans and everyone else should be afraid of.

View media item 839767
Infiniti doesn't come out and say that it's THE GT-R engine, but with all-wheel drive and displacement and power figures identical to their supercar destroyer, well, I think we all know what's going on here. It even sounds like the engine we know and love.

They say the car will do zero to 60 mph in under four seconds, can do up to 180 mph, and has a seven-speed automatic gearbox, but not the dual-clutch the GT-R gets. Oh, and all-wheel drive. It has all-wheel drive with a 50/50 front-rear torque split.

No word yet on production plans, but Infiniti says this concept is a "potential powertrain" for the Q50 Eau Rouge they want to build. Build this one, Infiniti.

View media item 839770

Source: Jalopnik

Wow. :smokin

Last edited:
Beautiful, sounds amazing. 
sick.gif

Though I dont like the steering wheel. 
laugh.gif
 When I look at a cars interior, the steering wheel is probably the thing that I critique the most, just a personal thing. This looks alien-like.

this or m5?

This.

I guarantee maintenance is cheaper.

I don't know about that, if it's a GTR engine and needs GTR maintenance then it wouldn't even compare. I've heard oild changes for a GTR can climb up to $1200 easy. Trans on a GTR is $20k easy, hell I heard you use the launch control once and it voids warranty and you can reinstate it for $1000 at a Nissan dealership after they've looked through it. I've also heard reports that using launch control 5-7 times pretty much destroys your clutch. Now those could be different in this one but I wouldn't be surprised if it is the same or close to it. I certainly wouldn't want that engine on a car that doesn't have the same ******, rotors, etc... to handle the engine as the GTR.

This was a year or two back though so it could have all changed by now but I can't really imagine it would be such a huge difference.

Last edited:
will be interesting to see how this is priced. nissan's luxury brand car with a gtr engine costing less than a gtr?? probably not but a base Q50 starts at 37000 so i wonder much more would infiniti charge for that "gtr performance" in a sedan.

if its priced in m4 territory, itll be a winner no doubt. the m4, ats-v, isf, and the c63 are all rumored or confirmed to be sub 500hp and with the aftermarket potential of nissan's v6tt and all wheel drive, the comp should be scared.

Nah, they'll dumb down the tech on this one for sure, it's not even gonna have a dual clutch, if it ever comes out.

Can't see it going for $100k+ and selling well, might as well release the Emereg-E and make a full blown Supercar that is above the GTR.

Last edited:
Infiniti is not dumb enough to make this start at $100k+

This is going to be a luxury sports sedan, I doubt it touches $80 even after options.

Back
Top Bottom