2015 Mercedes Benz C-Class * S-Inspired - Coupe Pics *C63 Officially Released*

I think someone mentioned the IS is better... It does look better design wise on the exterior but the 'new' interior looks outdated :smh:

The Lexus IS? I personally like it, it's cleaner and I don't think it looks outdated, just simple with nice materials which I think goes a long way.

I also like it when the screens integrated to the dash. I am not feeling how the newer Benzes and Bimmers screens looks like an ipad add-on, it sticks out like a sore thumb though not really a deal breaker.

The exterior on the IS is definitely a love it or hate it case though. I personally only like the F-Sport version.

Last edited:
Not even sure why the C is being compared to the E.

Both have their own pros and cons and the two serve different purposes. There's a reason the two are in different categories, one is compact and the other is mid-size.

also yung or anyone else

with the 2015s hitting the floors now you guys have any insight on scooping a 2014 on lease? i will be going Monday with a friend. appreciated

Last edited:
the best deals will probably be towards the end of the calendar year during their december to remember sales event

I'd wait until the dealer get their stock fleet of 2015s. The longer you wait the better too as they'll be desperate to get rid of the older models.

the best deals will probably be towards the end of the calendar year during their december to remember sales event

i know there is a benz summer event going on right now but nah not even december this is a whole new revamp, an i assume they would want to clear out new 2014s on lot

no?

They would but if they can take more money from you they would. I don't think they'll be desperate enough to move their vehicles until later though especially if they haven't gotten their 2015s in the dealership yet. At the end it's all about how you negotiate anyways. Even when there are "deals" on leases, I am always able to negotiate it at a much better price. MB isn't Porsche where they aren't willing to budge just to make a sale, MB, BMW, Audi, Lexus, etc... all these guys wants to be the best selling brands so they want to move the vehicles as much as possible.

the longer you wait the better deal you will get. once those 2014s have been sitting for months the dealers will be willing to give a much better deal

They would but if they can take more money from you they would. I don't think they'll be desperate enough to move their vehicles until later though especially if they haven't gotten their 2015s in the dealership yet. At the end it's all about how you negotiate anyways. Even when there are "deals" on leases, I am always able to negotiate it at a much better price. MB isn't Porsche where they aren't willing to budge just to make a sale, MB, BMW, Audi, Lexus, etc... all these guys wants to be the best selling brands so they want to move the vehicles as much as possible.

THIS. the price i got on my 2012 was much better than anything advertised and I still got the options i wanted.

good info

i dunno how much of a difference it will make when i help this girl negotiate but i know the sales and leasing consultant at the dealership i will be going too.

so i plan to keep it pretty real with this guy no BS

Definitely helps if you know the guy but you also got to trust him. Sometimes it's the ones you know that'll screw you because they think you'd just trust whatever they say. Not saying all are bad but definitely know your price points so you know he isn't just throwing BS numbers.

Last edited:
Definitely helps if you know the guy but you also got to trust him. Sometimes it's the ones you know that'll screw you because they think you'd just trust whatever they say. Not saying all are bad but definitely know your price points so you know he isn't just throwing BS numbers.

lol never really trust a car salesman

i already got numbers i need from Edmunds forum C class lease section

thanks for info, diggin the new avy btw

Last edited:

Both have their own pros and cons and the two serve different purposes. There's a reason the two are in different categories, one is compact and the other is mid-size.
You can easily compare a C to an E though. If youre spending x amount on a loaded C, why not just get the E? Bigger car, etc etc. That could be one person's mentality. Theres no reason a C should be compared to just an IS/3/A4 etc.Obviously you cant compare an C to a 370z or a Grand Cherokee. 

ok so.........

you wanna compare a loaded C to a basic E now?

Last edited:

You can easily compare a C to an E though. If youre spending x amount on a loaded C, why not just get the E? Bigger car, etc etc. That could be one person's mentality. Theres no reason a C should be compared to just an IS/3/A4 etc.Obviously you cant compare an C to a 370z or a Grand Cherokee. 

a loaded C is not the same as a base E though. Some people don't need the larger size and would prefer to have more options. An E class with the same options is going to be at least 10k more.

But if pricepoint is the only basis then you just blur the lines between categories and all other sedans.

C can be and is being considered a sport sedan, E class really isn't that. Target audience is different (sport vs comfort?), the two drive very differently, obviously the size, weight, options for the price (50k C will be fully loaded-or at least well-optioned- while a 50k E would be stock?), etc...

Option the E with the same options as a C and I doubt you'll get it for the same price.

That is what I am saying on why comparing the two. The C-Class starts at close to $40k ($40,400 listed on MBUSA) now so reaching $50k ($51,400 to be exact to start and that is a bluetec diesel that is slow as a nail) isn't going to be difficult and if you want something you can toss around and be more fun on the track, the C trumps the E no questions asked.

Last edited:
Ay man, I just said they could easily be compared. I never said it had to make sense. 
laugh.gif

But if pricepoint is the only basis then you just blur the lines between categories and all other sedans.

all that has to be said

ok so now youre admitting to not making sense Picasso

trollin right along

all that has to be said

ok so now youre admitting to not making sense Picasso

trollin right along
Nah bruh.

Its very easy to think about grabbing the next car up when you're spending X amount on the base/lower model.

Countless times have I heard "man a few thousand more dollars and I coudve gotten ____".

Friend said it when he got his C300, few more and he coudve gotten an E. He obviously got more for the money with his C, but to him its still a "base" MB (even though there is the CLA).

Friend who got a 335 said a few more g's and he coudve been in an e60.

It "doesnt make sense" even though youre getting more options with the C/3 series/A4 but sometimes you cant help but think of getting the next model up with just a few thousand more, even IF that model has less options.

Lets not act like we dont have these thoughts.

I mean yeah people will think about it, same way people think "should I get a car or an SUV?" or "do I need a coupe or a sedan?".

Still doesn't mean you can compare the two. I get what you are saying but it's still shouldn't be compared as if it is the same car. It's just the price and going up. I mean if you really think about it, you can keep thinking that way until you get to the S-Class. :lol:

I optioned my CLA, a few more grand and it's a C-Class. I get the C-Class, I wish I got more options for a few more grand. If I got the optioned C, a few more grand and you can get a base E350, option it for a few more grand because I need that navi. Then a few more grand and I can get the E550. Then option that out for a few more grand because again I need that navi. Then a few more grand and I can get the CLS550, and so on and so forth. All of those are like about ~$10k apart from of each other, from CLA to C to E350 to E550 to CLS and it narrows the gap further if you add options and compare it to the next car up the line in a base model.

I mean yeah people will think about it, same way people think "should I get a car or an SUV?" or "do I need a coupe or a sedan?".

Still doesn't mean you can compare the two. I get what you are saying but it's still shouldn't be compared as if it is the same car. It's just the price and going up. I mean if you really think about it, you can keep thinking that way until you get to the S-Class.
laugh.gif

I optioned my CLA, a few more grand and it's a C-Class. I get the C-Class, I wish I got more options for a few more grand. If I got the optioned C, a few more grand and you can get a base E350, option it for a few more grand because I need that navi. Then a few more grand and I can get the E550. Then option that out for a few more grand because again I need that navi. Then a few more grand and I can get the CLS550, and so on and so forth. All of those are like about ~$10k apart from of each other, from CLA to C to E350 to E550 to CLS and it narrows the gap further if you add options and compare it to the next car up the line in a base model.
I guess I see things different. C class to E is acceptable, but a C to an S? Thats just...no.

That is why I am saying if it is purely based on price increments, then you can easily talk yourself up there if "a few more grand" is all it take to get to the next tier. My example isn't jumping from CLA to S but if people actually take that way of thinking literally then getting to an S isn't a problem.

I do get what you are saying, that there are price restrictions and that is why people can't go up to the S

Back
Top Bottom