2015 NFC North Trash Talk Thread: GB loses Div Rd, MIN loses WC Rd, DET/CHI N/A

All I need in life is for Michigan to destroy MSU Saturday. If that happens, the Lions could lose every game the rest of the season and I wouldn't care one bit.

Go Blue !!

The LIons are the only team I root for that has never won so I'm becoming more invested in their success than the others and that's just sad :smh:

Bears are a top-5 pass defense right now by opponent passing yards per game, but 65 percent Cmp% and 11 passing TD?
laugh.gif
Giving up short field really hurt us in a couple of games 
mean.gif

Dave Birkett @davebirkett 1m
Has Jim Caldwell lost the Lions locker room? "That's B.S.," Lions S James Ihedigbo said on.freep.com/1RExQEh

All I need in life is for Michigan to destroy MSU Saturday. If that happens, the Lions could lose every game the rest of the season and I wouldn't care one bit.

Go Blue !!

Y'all playing well and if a Jack Allen can't play cause the POS on Rutgers intentionally took him out, y'all might could get the W, but I don't see it happening.

GO GREEN!

P.S. I love that the Lions blow ****. My college buddies all used to love Stafford. Always knew he wasn't **** and was stoked when y'all way overpaid him. SKOL

@TomSilverstein: New from JS: Packers OLB Perry has shoulder sprain, return possible after the bye http://t.co/wHrWnhihLv #Packers

@BradBiggs: #Bears waive QB David Fales to create open roster spot. Making sense of roster moves and what could lie ahead. http://t.co/WE6CBiG1wV

@davebirkett: The Lions are at a crossroads for their franchise, and they have 11 games to figure out what to do http://t.co/7BB6MUoplu

@davebirkett: The Lions waived LB Kevin Snyder and cut CB Chris Owens, both from injured reserve, per the NFL transaction wire

“Early in the game you know the guys had a lot of fight to them,” Cardinals safety Rashad Johnson told PFT Live on NBC Sports Radio on Monday. “Once we got the opportunity to go 14-7, we got another turnover at that point. You could kind of see the fight kind of die out of them. They weren’t as excited, as motivated, as enthusiastic as they were earlier in the game. And I think that’s just something they’re struggling with right now. When adversity hit them, they haven’t been able to respond and fortunately for us we were able to catch them at this moment and get a big win for us. They’re a talented team. It’s tough to see a talented team like that give up pride.”

Cardinals safety Tony Jefferson, appearing on Tuesday’s PFT Live, agreed that the Lions lost their fight.

“They definitely did,” Jefferson said. “I think they lost it once their fans started booing them. It was kind of weird. They started cheering when they sat Matthew Stafford. . . . I don’t think fans understand how important they are to us. They’re very important, they play a big role especially in the fourth quarter. . . . Sometimes I don’t think the fans understand how important they are.”

Link

Aj Mansour @AjKFAN 1m
ZIMMER grades the offensive line through 4-games “C+ or B-, middle of the road.” #Vikings

Chris Tomasson @christomasson 3m
Mike Zimmer said Anthony Harris has better chance of being called up to 53-man roster now than Brock Vereen.

Josh Katzenstein @jkatzenstein 1m
LB DeAndre Levy (hip) will undergo surgery, but coach Jim Caldwell said the team hasn't made a determination on his status for rest of 2015.

Caldwell wouldn't speculate on if Levy would go on short-term IR if the Lions had that spot open. They used it on rookie CB Alex Carter

Caldwell on if there's a hangover effect: Personally, I think it's excuse making.

Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky 1m
Nick Perry furthest away from returning among Packers' injured five es.pn/1VSFNpU

Last edited:
Zach Zaidman @ZachZaidman
#Bears haven't beaten Detroit since a 26-24 win on 12/30/12, Lovie Smith's last game as the head coach of the Bears.

Chicago Bears tight end Martellus Bennett has been listed as questionable for Chicago’s game with the Lions after hurting his quad in Thursday’s practice. Bennett is the team’s leading receiver with 28 catches this season and his absence would leave the team to rely on Zach Miller and Khari Lee at tight end on Sunday.

The situation at wide receiver doesn’t look much better than it did last week. Both Alshon Jeffery and Eddie Royal are listed as questionable again this week after getting in limited practices all week. They had the same designation before missing last week’s game and Jeffery hasn’t played since the season opener.

Safety Antrel Rolle, linebacker Shea McClellin and defensive lineman Ego Ferguson are all doubtful to play in the game, so the injury issues could impact the Bears on both sides of the ball against Detroit.

“It’s definitely frustrating,” Packers WR Randall Cobb said about facing constant double coverage, via the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “But it’s part of the game, it happens. I’m sure Jordy felt like this at times last year. But the more guys make plays around us, the harder it will be for teams to do that. That’s why we need everybody making plays.”

:smh: @ the Alshon situation. Don't even know what to think about the guy anymore. Mixed reports coming out.

:smh:

This season. Stafford really doesn't have to be held accountable because he will never lose his job full time this season. If your backup qb isn't even serviceable or pushing you for your head job you have no worries of losing it. If Jim does something crazy and put in Super Dan to finish out the rest of the season everyone will lose their job.

:smh:

This season. Stafford really doesn't have to be held accountable because he will never lose his job full time this season. If your backup qb isn't even serviceable or pushing you for your head job you have no worries of losing it. If Jim does something crazy and put in Super Dan to finish out the rest of the season everyone will lose their job.

If your backup can actually push you for your job its a wrap anyways.

Stafford is literally a less confident Cutler who still makes the same mistakes. Both will dip from the teams that drafted them and somebody who is QB desperate will overpay like he's a Top 5-10 QB.

Stafford is literally a less confident Cutler who still makes the same mistakes. Both will dip from the teams that drafted them and somebody who is QB desperate will overpay like he's a Top 5-10 QB.

Nah until this year Stafford has been better than Jay.

Matt has always been asked to do more with even less help.

Matt's volume of turnovers were overblown until this year.

Stafford threw more passes than any quarterback in NFL history from 2011-2014 and his int% was never top 10 during any of those seasons.

Jay Cutler has routinely been in the top 5 or even the league leader in int% sheer number of picks and turnovers

This year though Matt is truly one of the worst quarterbacks in league.

Back
Top Bottom