2016 Academy Awards/Oscars - Nominees Announced Today - February 28th

I made a post like last week when I caught like half of There Will Be Blood.

He and that movie were amazing.

That's actually who I'd like to see Leo work with next, Paul Thomas Anderson :pimp:

Ex Machina was my favorite movie of 2015, check it out if you haven't seen it yet

Ryan Coogler should have been nominated

wasn't jodie foster super young when she won one? her or tatum o'neal?

i tell you who should win a kid's award. young annakin. his prize should be sewing his mouth shut and a lifetime ban from all movie sets.

Last edited:
Would be cool to see a under 15 best actor Oscar

Give the kids some shine

That kid from Beasts of No Nation was incredible....

Is he even nominated?...being a Netflix film?...
Nope but Abraham was great in Beasts.

As well as Tremblay in Room.

I don't think there's an age limit for the Academy but I guess the day a kid gets nominated or wins he'd have to be insanely amazing. Basically a child DDL.

i tell you who should win a kid's award. young annakin. his prize should be sewing his mouth shut and a lifetime ban from all movie sets.
You should see him all grown up. Wouldn't want to mess with his dark side.

Last edited:
^ Tatum Oneil and Anna Paquin won as kids, Jodie Foster was nominated but didn't win for Taxi Driver
thanks man. didn't wanna google all that. i've watched taxi driver a few times. of course deniro was great. foster as a young prostitute might have been scandalous for the time but she'd be out-thotted by a mile nowadays.

Speaking of Paul Thomas Anderson, I caught The Master a few weeks ago. Joaquin Phoenix is underrated as hell dude can act his *** off

I made a post like last week when I caught like half of There Will Be Blood.

He and that movie were amazing.

That's actually who I'd like to see Leo work with next, Paul Thomas Anderson
pimp.gif
Leo had a chance to do that early in his career, but he messed up and turned down the lead in Boogie Nights.

Didn't know that.

Not sure I can envision Leo in that role :lol: Even thought somebody better could've got it.

When I was thinking of Leo working with him it was more in line with The Master and There Will Be Blood. I want a great 3 hr epic :lol: :smokin

I don't get why DDL doesn't do more movies.

Like he's really done?
eyes.gif
He probably doesn't want to do superhero movies.

I'm sure that he could've made 10 times the money that he has as an actor, but the guy has integrity and only makes mature dialogue-based movies. And only if the script is really good. Gotta respect that.

Like he's really done? :rolleyes
He doesn't need or want to.

I don't think he's done. He just needs to come across that script that makes him want to do a role again.

I highly doubt the last flick he ever does is Lincoln. He just said he'd take a break.

Like he's really done? :rolleyes
He doesn't need or want to.

I don't think he's done. He just needs to come across that script that makes him want to do a role again.

I highly doubt the last flick he ever does is Lincoln. He just said he'd take a break.

I respect his craft so much. Dude was literally Abe Lincoln in a 3+ hour movie.

Dude is already the winningest actor of all time but he really should have 4 Oscars. He got robbed for Gangs of New York. I like Brody so I wasn't mad at his win, but Bill The Butcher :pimp:

Dude is already the winningest actor of all time but he really should have 4 Oscars. He got robbed for Gangs of New York. I like Brody so I wasn't mad at his win, but Bill The Butcher :pimp:
I don't know why but I was thinking the most awards for one category would be closer to double digits. The right (great) actor starting his career at 20 could match and even beat it.

No way was Brody losing for The Pianist, that would've been a crime. I love that movie.

I don't know why but I was thinking the most awards for one category would be closer to double digits. The right (great) actor starting his career at 20 could match and even beat it.

No way was Brody losing for The Pianist, that would've been a crime. I love that movie.

I did a bit of googling just now and DDL/Nicholson was winning all the pre Oscar awards and then Brody snuck in their outta nowhere and won the Oscar. Ain't even mad tho, he delivered an awesome speech

I did a bit of googling just now and DDL/Nicholson was winning all the pre Oscar awards and then Brody snuck in their outta nowhere and won the Oscar. Ain't even mad tho, he delivered an awesome speech
Yeah, I saw that. DDL won all the awards to make you assume he would've got it at the Oscars.

It's why Brody was so genuinely shocked.

:lol: I loved Joaquin in The Master. He's lucky he got nominated. No way the Academy was gonna give him the Oscar for that role.

Back
Top Bottom