2016 Chevrolet Camaro - Convertible Revealed

Months of teasers for a refresh lol

This is much more than a refresh, it's a new Camaro.

Yeah, it looks very similar, but structurally and mechanically it's a whole new car. The Camaro is still the best selling Pony car of the big three. GM isn't going to radically change up a design language that's been working very well for them.

Looks good. Drive my Dad's all the time, the only thig I hate is the tiny *** windows, took me a while to adjust to it and I have to sit higher and glance a lil longer.

Looks like I'll be trading my 2012 in...like the new styling can't wait to see more pics from the reveal tomorrow. 

Backup camera standard on all models and now 30 mpg highway...I'll take it!

Last edited:
Race my '13 down Crenshaw though

nerd.gif
You ain't ready for Megatron B. 

Q : Why didn’t you fix the rearward visibility for the next-gen ? That was the single biggest complaint for the Gen 5.

A: We talked to many Gen 5 customers about the visibility, and they made it clear they were not willing to accept changing the appearance of the Camaro’s iconic silhouette for the sake or rear visibility.
Stupid, stupid Camaro owners. :rofl: :rofl:

this is so hilarious :rofl:

Oh lawd the SS [emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji]

Still iffy bout that front end

I need to see it in black

And I see a little c7 in the design and its alright but I'll just wait to see it on the street.

Wonder what the interior looks like on the V6. Really just want that with the RS package.

The Camaro SS tops the range (for now) with the Corvette's 6.2-liter V8 pushing put 455 horsepower and 455 pound-feet of torque. Known as the LT1, is has a cast aluminum block and cast aluminum cylinder heads, and it's fortified with direct injection, variable valve timing, and cylinder deactivation. About 20 percent of the engine's parts are said to be unique to the Camaro, including the exhaust manifolds.

Like the Mustang, the Camaro also gets a four-cylinder engine that promises to maintain performance and offer improved fuel economy. The 2.0-liter turbocharged engine is rated 275 hp and 295 lb-ft, with maximum torque available at 3,000 rpm. It also has direct injection, variable valve timing, and uses aluminum components. Chevy says it will hit 60 miles per hour in less than six seconds and return more than 30 miles per gallon on the highway. It's expected to be the most fuel-efficient Camaro ever, and Chevy is billing this as the standard engine for the lineup. The naturally aspirated 3.6-liter V6, which is rated at 335 hp and 284 lb-ft, has direct injection, variable valve timing, and cylinder deactivation. It is slotted in between the four-cylinder and the V8.

All of the engines can be had with a six-speed manual or an eight-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters. The four-cylinder and the V6 use General Motors Hydra-Matic 8L45 (tuned for small engines), while the SS has the 8L90. The V8's manual (a different Tremec unit than the one used by the smaller engines) also has active rev matching technology – like the Corvette – that blips the throttle during downshifts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom