2016 Golden Globe Awards Thread

Ricky: "That's it for tonight. From Mel Gibson and me, shalom!"

roll.gif

The Revenant is so overrated man. Leo deserves all the solo awards he wins, but everything else is wack. They deadass are winning these awards based on the shooting being so difficult and blah blah blah. If Mad Max did the same thing to promote there film they would've won awards too lol

Has the Golden Globes always been this blatant with the advertisements of random movies that has nothing to do with anything? They're showing full on 2 minute trailers of these movies, then skipping right on by with the nominations/awards.

Quote:
Has the Golden Globes always been this blatant with the advertisements of random movies that has nothing to do with anything? They're showing full on 2 minute trailers of these movies, then skipping right on by with the nominations/awards.
Yes, the studios pay for these trailers to run.

It makes a lot of sense: a lot of people watching the awards + awards are about films / TV.

Leo is a lock for the Oscar. This is his year

How many times has something similar been said before? Seems like every new role he gets people say it'll be the one that gets him that gold statue. hoover and wolf of wallstreet didn't get it done for him.

The Revenant is so overrated man. Leo deserves all the solo awards he wins, but everything else is wack. They deadass are winning these awards based on the shooting being so difficult and blah blah blah. If Mad Max did the same thing to promote there film they would've won awards too lol

Kinda agree. People praising a cold work environment and somehow leo's preparation for the the role should get him an oscar is so much fanfare.

Other years he didn't win all the critic awards and win the GG over his biggest competitions. Fassbender and Redmayne are prob his biggest threats and they both lost to him tonight

:lol: :rofl: @ Ricky and Mel. Nice use of the Cosby joke.

:lol: @ Hanks imitating Denzel and the bit with Gosling and Pitt
:rofl: @ Jonah being the bear from The Revenant. A rape joke would've put things right over the top.

Ricky was pretty good not as great as his first time though. Just wish they didn't bleep the entire dialogue that included any cursing.

One thing I felt was a bit unfair about the GG was they treated the best comedy film as a secondary best drama film. The Martian is not a comedy to me. Yes I laughed but it had just as much if not more drama just off the predicament the main character finds himself in. A lot of suspenseful moments even if you're smart enough to know they're not gonna kill him in the end (other characters could've died) so I really don't labeling that a comedy.

Felt the same about Joy. Was that really a comedy? I haven't seen it yet but when those nominees were named and The Martian one and Matt Damon won I left feeling like The Big Short got shorted :smh:

It was nice to see everybody stand up to give that ovation for Leo. It was like a collective it's about damn time :lol: :pimp:

Watching Inarritu, Leo and The Revenant makes it seem like that'll be the consensus for the rest of the award shows coming up. I can't front when they did the nominees I think Redmayne was at a table behind Leo's so at a certain angle you could see him when they showed Leo and I was tense thinking they would've gave it to him during the wait :lol:

How is The Martian a comedy? Lmao they only did that so him and Leo wouldn't be up against each other
I've said it before but I feel like they did that just to give Damon and the The Martian team awards and to nominate other actual comedies.

If it was categorized as a drama I don't think it would have even got nominated. Damon's performance was not up to par with the rest of Leo's competition.
:lol: @ Gaga winning over Dunst and Felicity.

What a ******* joke.

Yo I'm stunned Gaga won over Dunst :lol:
I was shocked she was even nominated, this being her first real crack at serious acting. I may have to check out that season of AHS.
Mr. Robot is awesome but its not better than Game of Thrones.....very surprised.
Mr. Robot's first season was easily way better than the most recent season of GoT.
Gaga cleans up pretty nice when she's not dressed up in all that non sense.
Ever since she started acting and taking it seriously I noticed she's stopped all of that extra give me attention ****.
I really want to know why Denzel's family switched light bulbs...?
I thought it was about saving money. Dad must've been struggling.

In the trailers redmayne looked ugly as hell as a woman. I wonder if people lied to him when he was all dressed up and said he looked great like they lie when they say leatherface caitlyn jenner is beautiful.

Mr Robot was good but I didn't love it like most people. My favorite new shows I watched this season were The Last Kingdom and The Man In The High Castle.

Not really but hey if you want to make up some excuse for a movie you wanted to win that didn't I guess how it was promoted is good as any.

I think it simply comes down to THFP simply having a different opinion on what the best movie was or they accept bribes :lol:
Yes. They always do that (at least since I've been watching). It's all apart of the show. It's suppose to be for ppl who haven't seen these movies and have no idea why they're nominated.
Leo is a lock for the Oscar. This is his year

How many times has something similar been said before? Seems like every new role he gets people say it'll be the one that gets him that gold statue. hoover and wolf of wallstreet didn't get it done for him.
Ppl wanted him to win for WOWS but it wasn't seen as a snub like others.

Google critical response to the movie and his performance.

Dude is getting praised across the board and being picked as the fav to win.

That's never happened to him before. All the other times it's mostly been fan response driving that.

Looking at the Oscars in past years, everybody should be expecting whoever wins most categories to be something you wouldn't have agreed with.

People really think Leo can win an Oscar for The Revenant?

Competition really isn't all that fierce, so yes.
That's the other thing. You would think there was some clear amazing performance in 2015 that should absolutely get it.

The field was sort of weak if we're being honest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom