2016 Mazda Miata - RF = Targa!!!

You lumped those three in the same category, no?

Why would Asians not look awkward in this car?

"We will have this ND-series model for maybe ten years, which gives us plenty of time to make many variants," Mazda PR manager Kudo Hidetoshi told Motoring. "And yes, a turbocharged or [Mazdaspeed] variant is one of the options we will definitely consider."

Hopefully a coupe will come out as well...
Co-sign.  As much as I love my NB with the detachable hard top, the NB coupe concept looked amazing:
View media item 1382273
How bout it, Mazda?

The windshield and roof scream Porsche to me..

You lumped those three in the same category, no?

Why would Asians not look awkward in this car?
1. So in your mind, i was also saying:

ksteezy must be female, asian, and wear size 9?

people who wear size 9 are asian females and are also ksteezy?

females are asian and wear size 9 and they are also ksteezy?

wut...

2. If you cannot comprehend the relevance of that list, and you come to illogical conclusions about the groups that I included in the list... then maybe you aren't ready/won't comprehend for my explanation.. 

EDIT: from your location and avy, I think I can tell why you salty over my post 
wink.gif

Last edited:
Cant believe they're only giving it 155hp... this car will fall victim to the brz phenomena, which is basically that it will be hyped up like crazy by the media in how great it is, which will lead to good sales in the first couple months, then completely fall off when people realize that there are fun, cheap, well equipped, practical, reliable and good handling cars in this price bracket (fiesta st, focus st, wrx, gti, ect)

Mazda has finally announced the curb weight of the all-new 2016 MX-5 Miata, and it’s all great news for enthusiasts.

Equipped with the 155hp 2.0-liter engine mated to a six-speed manual transmission, the US-spec 2016 MX-5 Miata tips the scales at 2,332 lbs (1,056 kg), which makes it 148 lbs (67 kg) lighter than the similarly-equipped previous-generation model.

With the automatic transmission, the 2016 model adds just 49 lbs (22 kg) to the manual model’s curb weight. To put this into context, the manual 2016 MX-5 Miata is around 300 lbs (136 kg) lighter than the Subaru BRZ/Scion FR-S twins.

But the good news don’t stop here. Mazda said the objective for the all-new MX-5 Miata was to make it as light as the first-generation model, a goal that amazingly has been accomplished thanks to the automaker’s Skyactiv range of weight-saving tricks, including the extensive use of aluminum.

The global version of the all-new MX-5 Miata, which features a standard 129hp 1.5-liter engine, is said to weigh just 2,200 lbs (998 kg), meaning that it’s 10 lbs (4.5 kg) lighter than the original 1990 Miata! Remarkably, the US-spec model is just 2 lbs (0.9 kg) heavier.

Considering the strict safety standards that are now in place and the 2016 model’s higher standard equipment which includes anti-lock brakes, side airbags and traction control, among other things, the result is truly astonishing.

MAZDA ANNOUNCES STARTING PRICE FOR 2016 MX-5

Fourth-generation MX-5 stays true to affordable convertible sports car roots

IRVINE, Calif. (March 30, 2015) – Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today announced that the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata will start at $24,915¹ in entry-level Sport trim. Mazda has instilled the latest MX-5 with the pure driving experience that has won worldwide fanfare since the arrival of the first-generation MX-5 in 1989 as a 1990 model.

Yet, the fourth-generation MX-5 provides Mazda's latest safety features and technologies and maintains an inflation-adjusted price close to that of the original roadster. The 2016 MX-5 launches this summer and will be available in Sport, Club and Grand Touring trim levels.

"As we get closer to the MX-5's summer on-sale date, we're seeing a surge in interest and excitement from enthusiasts and journalists," said Jim O'Sullivan, president and CEO, MNAO. "Already, early MX-5 reviews have been overwhelmingly positive, and we expect the momentum that MX-5 has garnered to continue to build as drivers get behind the wheel of our fourth-generation sports car."

Infused with SKYACTIV[emoji]174[/emoji] TECHNOLOGY and KODO-Soul of Motion design, the 2016 MX-5 is smaller, lighter and more aggressive than its predecessor, with the base MX-5 Sport expected to outperform the sportiest previous road-going variants. However, even with its focus on delivering maximum driving enjoyment, the 2016 MX-5 boasts more creature comforts and a more functional interior than the vehicle it replaces.

For the first time, a six-speed manual transmission will come standard as well as LED headlights, USB audio input, Bluetooth phone and audio streaming, a leather-wrapped shift knob and power door locks.

"The three trim levels available – Sport, Club and Grand Touring – are tailored for three very different types of customers, broadening the MX-5's appeal," said Rod McLaughlin, MX-5 vehicle line manager, MNAO. "The Sport model is for those desiring a pure, lightweight, unadulterated wind-in-the-hair driving experience. MX-5 Club is for those seeking a more aggressive appearance and driving experience and Grand Touring models are for loyal MX-5 owners who seek premium amenities and a driving experience that only MX-5 can deliver."

A full list of pricing information, specifications, options, packages and other information will be available at a later date.

Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, Calif., and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States and Mexico through nearly 700 dealers. Operations in Mexico are managed by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City. For more information on Mazda vehicles, including photography and B-roll, please visit the online Mazda media center at www.mazdausamedia.com.

That looks great. Screaming for a mazdaspeed edition. A 2.0l turbo would be dope.

Last edited:
TT RS is gon' cost double and it ain't gon' be targa

that antenna placements an eye sore though

TT RS is gon' cost double and it ain't gon' be targa

that antenna placements an eye sore though

I'm well aware, just saying

I do like it but I wouldn't buy it......the Miata that is.

You had the BMW Z4 before right? You gotta love this......

Yup, really digging it and the targa decision is great because then the roof doesn't look disjointed of an afterthought like in the last gens. This could be called a fastback with the roof up. I do want it!

I wouldn't go that far :lol: but it is very nice, it's strictly the price that makes it extra appealing though I think the power will be missed.

NYAS opens on Friday but I believe press are going to start showing the cars if anyone want to start a thread on it.

Are you well enough to be able to visit the show al?

Last edited:
I wouldn't go that far :lol: but it is very nice, it's strictly the price that makes it extra appealing though I think the power will be missed.

NYAS opens on Friday but I believe press are going to start showing the cars if anyone want to start a thread on it.

Are you well enough to be able to visit the show al?

Not sure yet, thanks for asking.

Well I mean I only like it more because it's new but yea the body language is there.

Back
Top Bottom