2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess I won't listen to Marty while painting a piece of furniture in my garage :lol:

Reds v Rockies cancelled due to water main

These 1914 throwbacks that Atlanta and Oakland are wearing :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

I don't believe in pitchers winning the MVP. That's what the Cy Young award is for.

I hate pitchers getting MVP, but I feel like it has to go to Felix and and the NL MVP to Kershaw. Kershaw is so good it pisses me off. My G-d if they could do a redraft.

JV did not deserve it in '11, Jose Bauitista did.

Pitchers should almost never get the MVP, unless they have insane seasons like Felix, Kershaw or Pedro in 00/99

I would hav loved the see Hernandez vs price on TV today..wish it was on FS1 or MLB network

Ellusbury, Bautista, Pedroia, maybe even Kinsler, pick anyone over Verlander in 11.

Pitching MVP's should only be reserved for historically dominant seasons, it bugs me that Verlander has a MVP and Pedro doesn't.

I'll take credit for being the only one to predict KC winning the division. A lot of baseball left to be played, I acknowledge.
King Felix.
I picked em at first, then backtracked and had em finishing second with a Wild Card berth.

For some reason I love the Royals. Angel Berrora was the homie in '03.

Also, my Nats are looking real good right now. Tonight they resembled that 2012 team.

Concerned about Gio's location issues though. Through the 2nd inning tonight one of the Nats beat reporters said he's thrown 204 pitches in his last 9 innings :x

Also, my Nats are looking real good right now. Tonight they resembled that 2012 team.

Concerned about Gio's location issues though. Through the 2nd inning tonight one of the Nats beat reporters said he's thrown 204 pitches in his last 9 innings :x
His last start was like Salazar. 4.1 IP, 10 K, 100+ pitches. Something like that, uncanny.

Ellusbury, Bautista, Pedroia, maybe even Kinsler, pick anyone over Verlander in 11.

Pitching MVP's should only be reserved for historically dominant seasons, it bugs me that Verlander has a MVP and Pedro doesn't.
Wait, JV in '11 wasn't a historically dominant performance/season?

I don't think he was better than Grenkie in 09, Halladay in 11, Randy Johnson in 04, ect ect.

and like I said his season doesn't stand out anymore than any of the other really good Cy Young seasons recently.

Last edited:
These 1914 throwbacks that Atlanta and Oakland are wearing :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

I don't believe in pitchers winning the MVP. That's what the Cy Young award is for.

If it's a historically great season like a Pedro year or Randy Johnson or a Felix of this year, it is deserved.

I hate pitchers getting MVP, but I feel like it has to go to Felix and and the NL MVP to Kershaw. Kershaw is so good it pisses me off. My G-d if they could do a redraft.

I don't see how it has to go to Felix. They both have claims but as of right now, Trout has a bit of a lead.

I disagree. The only robbery was Hebrew Hammer over Matty.

I agree with this although Braun was fantastic that year. Brewers made the playoffs that year though. Braun was actually the better the best season and Kemp has been downhill ever since.

Playoffs does not mean he deserved it. Kemp had one of the better offensive seasons of the last few years.

Wait, JV in '11 wasn't a historically dominant performance/season?

It's not even his best season. He barely outperformed CC in '11. Ellsbury had one of the better all around seasons of the last decade and Bautista had one of the best offensive seasons of the last decade as well. Verlander has had two better seasons and no one mentions em. **** Bautista may have had a slightly better (or at least comparable season) than Kemp and gets no love that year.

I can say that in the last five years or so Verlander's '12, Halladay's '11, Lee's '10 and a handful of '09's had better years than Verlander did in '11.

Pro: I care about the no-hitter against the Jays, WHIP, and overall value to Detroit that season.

His 2012 campaign is irrelevant to judging whether JV deserved it in '11.

I could also argue WAR but that's largely dependent on which system you use. ESPN, BR, FG, etc.

BR overrates Verlanders year.

His WHIP was driven by a abnormally low BABIP, which is mostly luck based.

some pitchers have the ability to influence their BABIP but it's a rare skill, Knuckleballers, Mark Bhurle,Jamie Moyer ect ect, Verlander doesn't appear to have this ability as his stays around league average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom